Final Fantasy VII Remake

The single thing that keeps me hesitant about the remake is the english voice actors that will play the roles. I cringe at Cloud's voice in FF7: Crisis Core.

ANyone seen this vid yet? Its fucking epic, especially the last scene at the menu ! wow that menu is just a small aspect of the vid but I tell you I almost clicked on new game with my mouse :gonk::giggle:

Wow, Thanks! Even a fan can make good intro for it. lol. I don't why it's so hard to Square to make one. Can't they remake FF7 intead of making FF15

Anyway, here is a petition for FF7 remake if you want to sign it.

http://www.petitiononline.com/ff7remke/petition.html

Originally the creator of the petition decided to collect 10,000 signatures to send to SE but after he did, SE still reply there are no plans for remake. The petition therefore continues. If you support a remake please sign and spread the link around. I'd seen many successful petition so it might work too!

I'd read some blog from visitors to the SE store in Japan recently who asked the staffs about the remake and they said that they are considering it and will only focus on in after FFXIV is finalised. But reports from the CEO in 2008 said the remake will take too long and large production cost if they were to remake it on PS3.

Square Enix is well aware that many fans and even casual gamers would want a remake. Still why are they focusing on random spinoffs and new FF

There is already remake of FF 1 - 6. why not 7?

Last edited:
I voted yes. Reason? Simple, who wouldn't want to relive, or for the first time experience, Final Fantasy VII with better graphics? The story is the greatest video game story of all time. Though I can understand why people who have played the game in the past would not want the game to be remade; they don't want the Final Fantasy VII name to be spoiled. It's understandable but also kind of selfish, I mean, you don't have to buy the game, do you? What about everybody else who wants to play it?

I can't see it happening. You already know, it takes a lot of money and time, but that is not the only problem. A lot of scenes in VII are impossible for a remake, unless they are butchered beyond recognition.

I would love a remake, only because VII needs it. It's not because of the story, because the story is NOT perfect. It is because of the graphics. They are totally in the uncanny valley and because of that the game is almost unplayable for the newer generations of gamers.

All they have to do is render out the characters from the AC movie and put them into the remake a FFVII. That big step would be off the way. But as for the backgrounds, landscapes, and environment, that might pose a problem, it would have to be a VERY lengthy process.

Exactly. They already have the foundations of the game and from Advent Children. That's already a large part of any game done, so no need to start from scratch like FFXIII at all. And FFXIII took...how long? 5-6 years or something? And this is why it puzzles me when Square Enix assert that it may take up to a decade to make. Why? Why must FFVII take any longer to make than FFXIII? Much of it is already done and yes, I don't doubt that re-rendering CGI and all that is damn costly and can take eons to make. But it really doesn't add up at all unless they're still hesitant in remaking it, or have trouble with the staff.

And err...I've stated my position on this many times now. I don't want one, but I won't go into a hissy if it does happen. From a financial point of view, remaking FFVII is a potential goldmine with all the cries for a remake.

With 7 years still to go till the end of the compilation, I'm sure they'll be one. They haven't explicitely said what would be costly and time consuming to them, so at this point we can only assume... they've stated that they want a lot of the original staff from the first game, and while a lot of them are still there, plenty of people have left... and we don't want a VII remake to turn out like.. XIII.

Part of your statement is true Olivia.

One of the reasons why a remake is so hesitant, is because of the original staff.

Since the coming of FVII, half of the original staff for FFVII are considering a remake, while the other 50% including Nobuo, don't look up to the idea of remaking such a masterpiece.

Since their aim was to make a very unique game, they don't think a remake is necessary, but as a financial situation, it would be a success.

With regards to a remake.

I have been researching the possibilities of a Final Fantasy VII remake.

Initially, Square Enix continues to pretend as though they don't think that it would make enough money for all the work they put into it.
That is such a stupid thought, and for a Japanese game developer, too?

Psh. The idea of it makes me laugh.
We all know that every Final Fantasy VII fan and their mother would most definitely go out and purchase a copy of a remake.
Just imagine - the storyline and characters we all came to love with the crisp and lifelike graphics of FFXII.
...It makes me a very happy person just to think of it.

If Square Enix has put out so much money for risks like Advent Children, Crisis Core, Before Crisis, and the semi-fail Dirge of Cerberus, they MUST be willing to create this remake.

I'm sure stores would be sold out the day the game is released.
I suppose, the only problem would be the platform...
*crosses fingers and hopes for an Xbox 360 version*

(I mean, I already went out and bought a 360 just for XIII, I'm not gonna get a PS3 just for this remake, too.)

I also looked into the release dates of both FFXIII and FFXIV.
I did this because I was curious to see how long it would take to put together and release this remake.
Surprised, I noticed that both XIII and XIV were released this year?
Does that mean they were working on both of them at the same time?
Is it possible that they will possibly work on 15 and the remake at the same time?

Damn. I hate unanswered questions.
I wish Square Enix would cut the 'coy and mysterious' crap and come out and tell us.

It's like a removing a band-aid. I want them to just come out and tell us if they aren't gonna do it, so I can get over it before I turn 20.
At this point, it would almost be bullying us to stretch this out any longer.
I'm tired of getting excited over them saying, "We're looking over the possibilities of doing it."

Bitch, please.

Either Square Enix has developed an allergy to money, or they're too damn lazy.

'Nuff said.

[As it pertains to the topic of a FFVII remake, threads merged.]

I would hope that they are working on the remake. Hell I don't even care what console they went on. I would buy that console just to be able to play the remake... And for that matter I have to say Tifa and Cloud are meant to be.

I voted yes because i cant have enough final fantasy
cowboy828.png

I want a remake even though I don't think we'll get one for a VERY long time :(

The game was 3 disks long but that might fit on a blueray disk now so who knows :)

Remake PLEASE!!!

yes, we want a remake....my daughter is 11 and even she is started playing ff7. she says, after playing the wii and psp and ps3, that they need to redo it with better grafics. boost the story line. add more side mini games and volla. it would be as a whole new game.but with all the goodies from ff7....boy my daughter is super smart. lol

The original FF7 was a great game so I don't see the need for a remake. I can't deny that I'm curious as to what it would be like, so if it were ever done I would probably check it out.

It's a troll on that one. Apparently, he got the email 0 minutes ago, meaning he had to be fast as fucking hell getting to it, checking it, reading it, and screen capping it, or he knew it was coming, and what it said.

There are a few typos, and a few grammatical errors that suggest it wasn't written by anyone trying to announce a new game.

Plus, I really don't think email is the way that they're going to go if they're going to suddenly drop this on the world for the insane fanboys. :hmmm:

Add to the fact that if this has been on the internet for a couple of days, sites would be leaping up in reaction to this by now. I know Square Enix loves their tight secrecy, but this still seems too far-fetched to be very realistic. The PSP2 is still very secret. I would love to see how early Sony would have given SE their development kit for the new handheld for this to be possible. Localisation stages imply that a game is fairly late in development with most of it already done. I highly doubt that has happened here - for SE to be able to get their hands on PSP2 kit already. get used to the hardware and be able to make a game for it so quickly already. Furthermore, why remake it on the PSP2? Isn't the demand for it to be on the PS3 anyway? Why have it on the PSP2?

Last edited:
I think it's fairly clear that a remake isn't going to happen; however disapointing that may be. What's surprised me is the seeming unwilingness from SE to make it. Surely they know that this remake would make them untold amounts of money, more so than the lacklustre FFXIII on the PS3 and Xbox 360. Don't continue to reel off sequel after sequel and spend some real time developing a remake.

I recently got sent this link as well. How desperate are some people for a remake that they would go to all this trouble?!

http://www.toy-tma.com/electronic-toys/video-games/final-fantasy-vii-remake/

Back