Larsa

Ok, so he does look like a girl, but did you honestly think he was a girl?
Didn't you hear him speak? sounded kinda male to me :P

everybody knows larsa is not a girl and nobody said he was a girl he just looked like a girl

SE is losing its ability to come up with new character designs that are good

I don't agree with that at all. I just think the guy looks a little femenine. I think the judges alone should be enough to qualify your "no good characters designs" theory to rest. But if you're really hellbent on it, just look at the new summon designs. Look at Balthier or Fran. Look at any number of the ships, places, or events that take place. They're all incredibly amazing and breathtaking. I don't know how you can say they're losing their touch when everything looks better, graphically and design-wise. My only criticism of Larsa is that he looks a little femenine, which has been a problem in RPGs for a long long time now. It's not just SE that is making very femenine character. In fact, most developers are putting their super femenine main characters as their leads... at least with SE it's only accidental and a side character.

I thought the judges were cool up until I realized they were these wimpy old men with accents. If they would have kept them mysterious I would have given them a ten in badassedness, but as soon as I realized who they were it kinda killed it.

I don't agree with that at all. I just think the guy looks a little femenine. I think the judges alone should be enough to qualify your "no good characters designs" theory to rest. But if you're really hellbent on it, just look at the new summon designs. Look at Balthier or Fran. Look at any number of the ships, places, or events that take place. They're all incredibly amazing and breathtaking. I don't know how you can say they're losing their touch when everything looks better, graphically and design-wise. My only criticism of Larsa is that he looks a little femenine, which has been a problem in RPGs for a long long time now. It's not just SE that is making very femenine character. In fact, most developers are putting their super femenine main characters as their leads... at least with SE it's only accidental and a side character.

i was only talking about larsa as a chracter design flaw

SE is losing its ability to come up with new character designs that are good

That's the quote I was arguing, which is not to Larsa. It's to everyone. If you only meant Larsa, then say "SE is not losing their ability to come up with new character designs that are good but I think Larsa was a mistake."

And Harbinger, I'm really glad we got to see who was behind the armor. I thought that was great. They all were people and we got to see them as both. The people, with real political opinions and personal agendas, and then as soldiers where they were just the hands of the empire.

i would have liked it if the judges were kept mysterious that would have been better

He looks a bit feminine. I guess he represents the sort of kid who is incredibly smart and has rich parents, so is incredbily well spoken and such, where as Vaan and Penelo are orphans, Basch is a Warrior, Balthier and Fran are Sky Pirates after gold, and Ashe is just annoying little princess. Larsa seems to have been brought up at home and didn't get out much, hence his knowledge of places, must've been with his Brother alot I guess.

Probably explains his voice and stuff.

I'm used to see girly-boys. *Jrock, anyone?*

But, Larsa... I could of sworn he was a girl when I first layed my eyes on him. I still do, in a way, I adore him now... but, there's always that thought at the back of mind like, "It's a she" xD For a bunch of pixels, he's not too bad. 8D

im always saying to myself how 'She'd blatenly get it' and 'she'd take it rough' and whatnot, even after the revelation thats she's infact a bloke. >_< dammit!

Am I the only one that totally thinks that Larsa could pass as a girl?? :lol:

I swear, it's really hard for me too see except for the outfits!

Lol i thought he was a girl. I only found out that he was a male when I looked at his wikipedia article :D

I thought it was he was a girl the 1st time I saw him too...I figured out he wasn't when the used the word "he"...haha

haha ye took me a while to figure out it was a boy :P
i thought it looked pretty girly and the voice... well that could be swayed either way really! :confused:

My brother and I discussed Larsa's gender for quite some time... We decided we didn't know what the hell he/she/it was! It was the voice that sorted it in my head... just about. I think he could have done with having a sliiiightly more masculine feel about his outfit - that probably would have sorted it. Although, saying that, all the guys in XII seem to have frills and stuff on their outfit somewhere...

I knew it was a boy, but in cutscene on Strahl after defeating The Undying he looked a lot like a girl.

In fact I am starting to think that all of the new FF's are going to have some girly looking guy as a main character. I couldn't even sit still listening to everyone calling Larsa a he or a him or something, because it ate at me with the fact that Larsa looked like a girl in every sense of the word. He even sounded like one. However, everyone thinking Larsa was a girl is really funny.

i found out he was a guy after a conversation I had...

Me: When you take control of the empire, you can do great things... You're a good girl Larsa

Larsa: I'm a boy...

Me: ...

yeah awkward...

Back