Love Beyond Friendship: A Cloti Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah ha! Then to the front lines we march! Anyone know where the SE building is?

And though there may undoubtly be forces from the opposition, I know I won't back down. I shall make my stand against the fans until the battle's won. *insert stoic look here*

We should come up with a battle cry though. Suggestions?

TIFA and CLOUD are ROXxxx!!!!!
really wish square enix would announce their realationship..>.<
(hopping so much...>.<)
ehehehe...

btw..can i join..?yoroshikuu..^w^

Can I join?
I love this pairing, my favorite couple in final fantasy.
I am so happy they are officialy together(for me it was clearer than water anyway.)

I'd love to join. I've been supporting Cloti since I first played the game. I think I was about nine back then, haha.

LTD never gets old when you can dish out steaming hot plates of Cloti. :highfive:

Hi!
I give you the welcome!
the club is so dead*cries* Cloti deserves better than this
I think we should put a topic... I know!
When did you first fall in love with Cloti?
for me it was inmediatly, I entered Tifa's bar, with the beautiful Tifa theme playing, I met the beautiful Tifa and I rooted for them all the way trough the end.

Thank you! Yeah, let's keep it alive. ;D I'm always willing to chat about Cloti. ;)

To be honest, I was originally a Clerith fan merely because before I played the game I asked my friend when seeing Aerith:
"Who is that?"
To which he replied,
"Cloud's girlfriend."

So I had that idea without knowing the truth. Playing the game however, I fell in love with Cloti immediately. I think it started... when Tifa said:
"Don't die Cloud... There is so much I have to tell you!"
And he said, "Tifa... i know...". D;
When I saw the sad expression on Tifa's face, I knew how much she loved him. =D And Cloud later proved that he returned the feeling... At least, I thought it was rather obvious. =P

Tifa devotion to Cloud and her "pure" love is the thing I love most about Cloti.
They have a story together and seeing the development of their relationship is very satisfactory.
I was listening to "interrupted by fireworks"(the song that play on the date in gold saucer) a beautiful piece of the Final Fantasy VII soundtrack, I consider it "Cloud and Tifa Theme", because their date is the only date interrupted by fireworks and it also plays when Tifa finds Cloud in Mideel.

Yeah! And I like how realistic their relationship is, like it's not perfect. I like how there are obsticals that they have to over-come- and together at that. ;D Tifa unlocking Cloud's true self and having it all revolve around her-- ah, just adorable.

I heard claims that fireworks are in all of the date scenes. (I was too lazy to investigate, but is that true?)

And I never noticed it playing in Mideel! Wow, I guess they really do have a theme. ;D

yeah it plays in all dates but it fits better in the Cloud and Tifa date(Tifa confession is "interrupted by fireworks")
I love what you mentioned, their relationship is so realistic, and certainly it's not perfect and that's one of the best qualities of it.I dislike when people use that argument to disprove the couple, does every relationship have to be fairy-tale like to be true? I don't think so.

That makes sense. =)

Yeah, there's a reason "fairy tale" couples are called that, lol. Because they don't exist. :P Even perfect couples, ones that have been together for a very long time and would love eachother no matter what the circumstances--- still run into rough patches and will still get into arguments. The big picture is that they as a couple have the strength to overcome them, and end up being closer because of it. =D

Another thing I wanted to mention is that I don't get how some people think that Tifa doesn't understand Cloud enough for the relationship to work and VisaVersa. I think the two understand one another more than any other character.

I agree, their understanting for one another is very deep.
I don't want to bash Clerith but I don't understand the appeal of the couple.Aerith never knew the real Cloud she doesn't share the bond that Tifa and Cloud share, Aerith doesn't understand Cloud like Tifa.
Tifa and Cloud have a story together, full of memories.
Cloud and Aerith had a friendship that was cut short.

You're not bashing Clerith since you're not calling the pairing stupid, or the people who like it stupid. You're giving your honest opinion. Illogical doesn't necessarily mean it's stupid. : ) I think Cloud and Aerith makes a cute fanon pairing, but I too do not see how they work. Aerith is like an other-worldy being-- mother nature, if you will. The Ultimania's confirm that Aerith obviously loves Zack, and that she acted the way she did around Cloud because of Zack. Of course, Aerith WANTED to know the real Cloud and realized there was something different about him, but just because she recognized that he was different doesn't mean she understood him. She provided great support as a friend, and became a very special friend to the real Cloud as well... But she was not capable of unlocking Cloud's true self like Tifa was, and she wasn't chosen for that role for a reason. :)

Sorry to go on like that, haha.

The ultimania also gives us a timeline, it says that Cloud knew Aerith for 3 weeks or a month at most, How can Cloud develop deep feelings for her in that short period of time?
Cloud and Tifa knew eachother longer and they shared so many memories together.
Tifa is probably the most important person to Cloud, he even mentions it in the game"No matter what anyone says to me is your attitude that counts" many people seem to ignore that ot twist those words, but for me that sentence is very revealing.

A common Clerith belief that I do not understand, is that they claim that Zack and Aerith didn't know one another long enough to develop their feelings... but when you look at the timeline, Zack and Aerith knew one another longer than Cloud and Aerith did. : / I think you can develop strong feelings for anyone in a short period of time, however, I did NOT see it progress that fast with Cloud and Aerith. The Ultimania said that Zack falling into Aerith's church was like falling quickly into a crush- it appeared as an instant connection. That and it states that Zack and Aerith are an irreplaceable existence to one another, and that meeting was destiny. I'm not sure how much more clear it could be, ahaha. It's true that Cloud and Tifa didn't know one another well as children, but they both had secret crushes on one another. :P Not only that, but Cloud cherishes their promise just as much as Tifa does. In fact, one of the very reasons he left to join Soldier was in her honor. I agree about "It's only your attitude that counts" line. People have twisted it right to me in debates before saying, Cloud wasn't sane at the time. Or Cloud wasn't really himself. -eye roll- If the line needs to be confirmed, I think it very well is in the Lifestream scene when we see that Tifa is a "tender feeling" and a "secret no-one knows".
Some even go as far to say the "tender feeling" and the "secret no-one knows" is AERITH. When Aerith is no-where in the scene. I don't understand this one bit.

Last edited:
Indeed, a happy, G-rated relationship of perfection practically screams that something isn't right. This applies to real life relationships as well. Relationships are supposed to have problems, which the couple overcomes and makes their bonding that much stronger.
The perfection the Cleriths demand simply doesn't exist, not even during the Romantic period. :P

And we need more battle cries!!

Cloud and Aerith relationship wouldn't work, Aerith and Zack were the perfect match, and the real Cloud is nothing like Zack.I wonder if the creator planned the reunion in the lifestream from the beginning or was something added later on, til crisis core came out nobody believed in the seriousness of the Zeris relationship.

On topic what songs remind you of Cloti?
I'll post one that kinda fits from Tifa point of view when Cloud was not himself.

"Nicest Thing" by Kate Nash

All I know is that you're so nice,
You're the nicest thing I've seen.
I wish that we could give it a go,
See if we could be something.

I wish I was your favourite girl,
I wish you thought I was the reason you are in the world.
I wish my smile was your favourite kind of smile,
I wish the way that I dressed was your favourite kind of style.

I wish you couldn't figure me out,
But you always wanna know what I was about.
I wish you'd hold my hand when I was upset,
I wish you'd never forget the look on my face when we first met.

I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly,
'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see.
Basically, I wish that you loved me,
I wish that you needed me,
I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three.

I wish that without me your heart would break,
Yea, I wish that without me you'd be spending the rest of your nights awake.
I wish that without me you couldn't eat,
Yea, I wish I was the last thing on your mind before you went to sleep.

Look,
All i know is that you're the nicest thing I've ever seen
And I wish we could see if we could be something
Yea, I wish we could see if we could be something

Cloud and Aerith relationship wouldn't work, Aerith and Zack were the perfect match
I agree 100% ^^ As much as I love Aerith, she just wasn't the one for Cloud. Her whole attraction to him was based off of his similarities to Zack and her own desperate desire to believe that Zack was alive and had moved on and she could do the same...

As for a song, I know tons that fit Cloud and Tifa's relationship, but I guess the best would have to be Pieces by RED. It describes how Cloud is feeling toward the beginning of AC and how Tifa is the only one that can really help him get over it.

I'm here again
A thousand miles away from you
A broken mess, just scattered pieces of who I am
I tried so hard
Thought I could do this on my own
I've lost so much along the way

Then I'll see your face
I know I'm finally yours
I find everything I thought I lost before
You call my name
I come to you in pieces
So you can make me whole

I've come undone
But you make sense of who I am
Like puzzle pieces in your eye

Then I'll see your face
I know I'm finally yours
You call my name
I come to you in pieces
So you can make me whole!

I tried so hard! So hard!
I tried so hard!

Then I'll see your face
I know I'm finally yours
You call my name
I come to you in pieces
So you can make me whole
So you can make me whole

Oh Stella the song you posted is so beautiful!really Cloti.
I am happy more members are starting to post again! Celes and I were feeling kinda lonely!

I definiately agree with everyone here. =] I think the Lifestream reunion was always planned.

And for a song, I think this one fits rather well:

Boats And Birds- Gregory And The Hawk

If you'll be my star
I'll be your sky
You can hide underneath me and come out at night
When I turn jet black and you show off your light
I live to let you shine
I live to let you shine

And you can sky-rocket away from me
And never come back if you find another galaxy
Far from here with more room to fly
Just leave me your stardust to remember you by