Musicians and What Instruments You Play

i play guitar and have done for a couple of years im going to a music college in september to study guitar keyboard and drums(i can barely play keyboard and drums though)

if anyone has any questions about guitar ask me and i'll do my best to answer

I play cello and bass guitar so far, though I'd like to learn other instruments.

Cello I've been playing for around 8 years now, and I'll probably continue playing in the orchestra at my college if I have the time.

Bass guitar I just picked up last fall to join a band. I play my dad's old bass, which is a '71 or '72 Fender Precision. It's awesome. :p

i'm on guitar and drums but only started taking lessons a while ago off of my friends in school but i'm learning different rock song that i don't know the names of
and on the drums just realy the basic rythyms so i'm pants at the moment

Just guitar. I've got an interest in vocals and keyboard though, and am pretty much aiming to be the next Alex Turner/Matt Bellamy. :wacky:

Instruments? A blue SX Vintage Strat, Sunburst Mosrite (see Kurt Cobain) Univox copy that belonged to the father, and an old Goya Acoustic that belonged to the grandfather.

I'm not making much progress with playing guitar and doing vocals at the same time yet, but I'll get there when I can be arsed to work harder.

I have a keyboard, but I dont really use it/am still showing primary interest in electric guitar.

Been playing guitar for a few months now, and I'd say I'm still novice. Makes me laugh at how playing some tabs from gametabs.net were so hard then, but piss easy now. xD

I'm advancing with playing acoustic and singing now and it's far easier to me now than what it was last year.

"Machines" by Biffy Clyro is a great song to sing and play. I like to add my own unique twist to songs if I can because playing it like the original artist seems fruitless to me.

I play guitar, not bad for a self taught player i've been told. got a les paul custom midnight black, two EMG active humbuckers. kicks ass, from blues to death metal.
Also got a BC Rich KKV.

and I'm gettin pretty damn good at the triangle too!

I'ma take a picture of my guitar to show how truly amazing it is.. Seriously, it's worth quite a bit.

*Watch this space*

I'm musician since long time, 10 years. I play Electric/Acustic guittar (Electric most), Piano (Electric and acustic). Yesterday I was playing "To Zanarkand" on the piano, it's very easy to play it everyone should try it ;D because is a very charismatic music.

If you'r starting I've one advice. Choose the instrument you like most and don't play it just because everyone likes it. Play it because you like it, that's the most important. Forced playing isn't good cuz you will hardly learn something ;)

Cya**

I think I haven't written here anything yet ..
So, I can play at least guitar, trying to learn it by myself almost for 4 years or something, can't remember. and electric guitar mostly.
Then a bass, it feels almost too easy to learn after learning to play a guitar, though of course there's some difficult things to learn but .. anyway.
Now I'm trying to learn to play the piano desperately.

I've been teaching myself to play guitar for a little while, I've only just started to make progress though. I bought my first electric guitar today; a Black Squier Tele Custom II. I've also signed up for guitar lessons, got my first one this Tuesday :nana:

I was also taught how to play piano as a youngster, I can improvise with the blues pretty well but that's about it.

I can sing REALLY well, and in multiple languages I can't even speak. o.o

Or does that not count?

ive recently started playing guitar, ive mainly just been learning a few songs by using guitar tabs

My Digitech Whammy arrived today, but I can't use it till I get an international adapter :banghead:

I play guitar, Self taught, but i will get around to learning how to read music! have a couple, but fav is my custom Fender Telecaster. Used to be in a band, think we had around thirty gigs in Scotland. Playing live is great fun! last tune i learned was from Biffys Puzzle.

Hey, I play guitar, Learnt it all myself, never had a single lesson. You can view my guitar Here

I can play numerous things from several Linkin Park songs, A few Biffy Clyro songs, a few Fightstar songs and This Could Be Anywhere by Alexisonfire

Lately i've been playing alot of Bullet For My Valentine though after seeing them live.

Since seeing them i've learnt Hand of Blood inc Solo, the Intro, Her Voice Resides & All These Things I Hate from The Poison album then I went on to learn Scream Aim Fire inc Solo, Hearts Burst Into Fire & Waking The Demon without Solo from the Scream Aim Fire Album.

You can see some of my recordings Here

I would of recorded more but I have been ill over the past weeks and have also broke a string :worried:

Oh yeah! I can play the chocobo forest theme from FFIX too :D

Last edited:
The only instrument I play is called the witmiselph. I play witmiselph almost daily :monster: That joke was terrible...

Anyhow, I used to play piano quite a bit. I managed to learn and memorize a couple of interesting songs but nothing too exciting. The closest I got to actually learning a classical piece was Bach's Little Organ Fugue. Love that song... not sure why. The sheet music is still sitting over on my piano... maybe I'll give it a shot later today.

I play guitar, and I'm self-taught. I've been playing around five and a half years now, and I got a new guitar a few months ago, an Ibanez RG 1570 ;) I'm a left-handed player, so finding the right guitar for me took time, but this is it!

Earlier today I played through Iron Maiden's "Powerslave" and "Seventh son of a seventh son" albums, and I've been practising some new lead patterns and generally cleaning up my playing.

I love playing the piano it is so fun. Especially when you make a weird song out of the notes you press on the piano. Am trying to learn how to do medleys.

Back