Role-Playing Tournament 2008 Discussion

Clouds_Destiny said:
so do we make up our own characters with what we want or can we use a charater from a game?

You can do either, but you must write a bio for whatever character you use, even the unoriginal ones.

Eskimo Joe said:
This is gonna be a blast... =]

Aye, that it will be :pikamon:

Why did I not hear of this before? Another TRAGEDY?! :neomon:

Of course I'll join, I'll find out more info.

Well, I still agree with myself ^^

I like the Idea. but perhaps not all the RP'ers care for the prize.
I for one, don't care at all for a Keyblade. And in the RPG as well
Not all RP'ers even bother with the RPG. I for one, MIGHT not even restart it as it starts again. Have that in mind. that the prize itself might not be alluring enough.

Though, in this case, the prize is really just for attracting players, the real prize, is the simple recognition.
Though, a materialistic bastard as I am. I still thing the prize should have some non RPG things.
But in such a case, one will wonder. WTF can we use?

Actually, Contra and I were discussing something that we think may be better. What if, for future reference, we have a partnership with the SOTW, or at least mods with signature skills, and the winner gets a unique signature.

Not only will this sate a desire for those who want to actually WIN something and have something to show for it, but it will boost activity in the SOTW, which will benefit both sections!

What say ye RPers to that?

In the words of Sally Brown in the musical number "My New Philosophy" from the musical 'You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown,'... I like it! 50 billion points if you've ever heard that song. I love the sig Julius made for me... but those SOTW sigs... Me likey lots!

I talked to Matt Bellamy about it, and he had no problem with providing reward-sigs.

I think as rewards, we can have those Reward Signatures, and ask all RPers, or whoever views the winner's thread, to rep the winner, so they'd be able to get a lot of rep points for it.

In the words of Sally Brown in the musical number "My New Philosophy" from the musical 'You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown,'... I like it! 50 billion points if you've ever heard that song. I love the sig Julius made for me... but those SOTW sigs... Me likey lots!

If you want a new signature you can always ask me to make you a new one. :neomon:

Now back on topic, if I enter this tournament it will be for the joy of fighting great rpers. That is enough for me.

Hope you don't mind me joining up.

I've been meaning to work out some of the kinks in my RP style and a little round robin with the FFF finest would do me some good.

Any ideas on when this is taking off?

Excellent, glad to hear its underway.

I saw the rules and am VERY glad to see a Judging system will be in effect. I would like to suggest the use of my Post Count rule to make the tournament as concise as possible.

I recommend using a 7 posts per combatant per battle, in this way we will get a very well rounded view of the fighter, it will take considerably less time and combatants will be forced to make the best out of the short time they have. Not to mention, of course the major burden alleviated from the shoulder of the judges.

Consider also that this removes the necessity for a clear and determined 'victory', though it is still possible. Wins and losses this way will be determined by an outside Judge, based on exactly the rubric you detailed in the Rule link!

I would like to also suggest the usage of random handicaps such as adding monsters to battles, or a 'capture the flag' game, or even a 'one hand behind your back' game. Etc. Etc. Just to make things interesting. If not for this run maybe for the next one!

Just a few thoughts.

im just not sure if i should sign up for this. it all depends on how long this is expected to last because i'll only have a few days after it is started, then im gone for a week.

I posted in the sign ups:p my characters were all approved here at some point and should be availible in some archive somewhere but I can repost which ever character is prefered by the judges or other players should I be so required...

Haha, I forgot I said I'd judge this. :wacky: If for whatever reason the developers of this tournament deem me unfit, ease me in on the news gently. :P

However if all is well, I'd like some kind of briefing before this begins.

Lurid said:
Haha, I forgot I said I'd judge this. :wacky: If for whatever reason the developers of this tournament deem me unfit, ease me in on the news gently. :P

However if all is well, I'd like some kind of briefing before this begins.

I do believe you would be just fine to judge, Saix. We have your qualifications already, and you are more than qualified to judge.

I posted in the sign ups:p my characters were all approved here at some point and should be availible in some archive somewhere but I can repost which ever character is prefered by the judges or other players should I be so required...

Glad to see you back, FireFrenzy, and even happier to see you entering our tournament.

so when do we start? my vacation is creeping up on me and i'll not have concistent internet access when i am there so...

The Tournament itself starts July 20th. Sign-up cut-offs are July 15th, though, so we can give you guys time to get ready.

Back