Role-Playing Tournament 2008 Discussion

Cut-off warning

Alright, people, sign-ups close tomorrow! The tournament shall begin soon, so have your RP hats ready to play!

i am currently waiting for my bio to be approved, however, i have a question about the arenas. do you think we could add in a graveyard? it would be a nice place to battle if anyone has an undead character. if you need a game to base the graveyard on, you can go with KH1 or KH2 Halloween town.

Last edited:
ATTENTION

Tournament Sign-Ups are now closed! Your battles will be announced on July 17th, and you will have until July 20th to prepare!

Good luck to our participants, and to those who could not join for various reasons, we're sorry. Maybe next time.

Sincerely,
Hera Ledro: The Eternal Dragonic Allsie
FFF Role-Playing Moderator

Yay!!! You's back!!! I is soo pumped!!!

Now that that's out of the way, how are we as far as judges go? Is it still only Saix and Contra Fates? Is that enough, or would a few more judges be preferrable?

(also, on a side note Hera, during your absence I created two more characters: another Fallen Seraph and his human girlfriend. Check 'em out if you want:
http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/story-sages/chronicle-21345.html#post382000
and
http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/story-sages/angela-21373.html#post382633
If you get the chance, could I have you to approve them against RPB standards?)

So. Today is the day of which the battles are to be announced? Is everyone else here as psyched as I am :D

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!! A berserker vs. a tricksy wizard! Which will move on to face their ultimate doom at the hands of the magnificent (not to mention dashingly handsome) Dragoon with the Wyvern Eye?! Will an animal be tamed by nobility, or will intelligence fall to the power of narcissism?! Either way, it's certain that when this tournament is- urgh! Must... supress... Wylliam-ego!!!

...*ahem* I am looking forward to the first match! Both RF and Fair-Game are excellent RPers. I'm a little anxious about having to fight one of them!

No I'm not! BWAHAHAHA!!! Ack! *smack* Dang it, stay in my head, fool!

halloween town is NOT from KH2 its from Tim Burton's the nightmare before christmas!

*stifles insult*

EDITS EDIT:

i seem to have been a blatent idiot and editted my edit away

Last edited:
Hera can I ask prey tell, why you have us matched aganist eachother for the 1st round? I smell a conspirarcy here lol.

HAHAHAHA

Interesting.
Fair Game's character Beselk.
I'm acctually having a RPB against hat char, though I'm using a different one.
SO, this time, he goes against Alumar..

Knowing some of what I might expect, I wonder how this might end up.

ALSO. As I have yet to be answered.
Will I be using the updated Alumar, or the old version?
This is important, as the updated version, has a few more spells, as well as another item that might be usable.

Soulcorruptor said:
Hera can I ask prey tell, why you have us matched aganist eachother for the 1st round? I smell a conspirarcy here lol.

Actually, it was a random draw. Who I wanted to fight was Alumar, but I never got that -__-

Curse you lack of bias :gasp:

Red Fox said:
ALSO. As I have yet to be answered.
Will I be using the updated Alumar, or the old version?
This is important, as the updated version, has a few more spells, as well as another item that might be usable.

I thought I answered this a few MSN convos ago *scratches head* You can use the updated version :P But all edits after July 15th do not count, since they were after you signed up.

For fairness, any fight that Hera participates in, he will not be able to judge. Myself and Saix will be the ones judging your fight with him.

We are nearing the end of the second day of the first round of matches, and the progress we've made is.... ZILCH! Nada! Zero! Call me impatient, but I need some action here! If y'all aren't posting, then the only thing I can do is my homework!!! Please! Provide the distraction I need to procrastinate like the good slacker-student I am! Obviously, Red Fox knows the true key to victory: HE WHO STRIKES FIRST, WINS!!! Charge in! Force your opponent's hand! They say the outcomes of matches are determined from the very first exchange of blows, so attack now while you aren't encumbered by the actions of your foe! FIGHT, FOR BOREDOM'S SAKE!!!

...ok, I admit it. Life in the university during the summer semester has pushed the boundries of boredom to their greatest extent. One might say that this tournament is my one salvation from monotony and routine... SO GET ON WITH IT!!!

The thing that sucks, is that Fair Game has yet to post.
I sent him a PM, and told Contra to get his arse movin'.

Cause, if I win by default, due to F_G's inactivity... Ill be sad.

Sorry for my inactivity, I went on vacation the very day the tournament was announced and didn't get back until two days ago. I slept all yesterday >.>

While, I wish we could opt for more time RF, I figure we're better off just giving them a good show while we can. So now its your turn! Get to postin!

I have replied, and I'm glad as hell that you will be posting.
I was fearing what I stated, what would happen if you did not make it.
I feared that I might win by default.
And as that actually seems like a simple way to do it.
I find it a poor win.
Though, if it had happened, I would have tried to get a few more days, so that you could post as the time came

Glad you are here now, so we don't have to go through that.
And may the best RPB'er win ^^

For fairness, any fight that Hera participates in, he will not be able to judge. Myself and Saix will be the ones judging your fight with him.

I was joking when I made my comment about that, i hope you know. >-<, just found it odd Hera and I got paired up.

Alright, posted RF.

And yeah, I really wish I had given it a second thought so I could fix a few broken parts of my character.

Red XIII and co. would it be possible for me to edit my character for the next round (assuming he makes it)?

I want to add a 'Berserker' Ability, so my character isn't so easy to beat. In my first battle outside the tournament, I noted that my character got winded really fast, I was hoping I could fix that before the tournament started...but then I got lazy and went on vacation.... >.>

I've noticed a few people having similar concerns to me so I think I should just go ahead and get it out there :

For the next tournament / next round can we have a two week time limit with a 'post limit' like the one I was suggesting before? I think the 'one week' thing is just too close together for people to get into the battle and conflicts with some scheduling. I feel the concern for why the 'post limit' idea wasn't done was that you guys wanted people to be able to die in battle. But I seriously don't think any character will die, unless the mun decides to LET their character die.

In this sense a 7-15 post limit would be the most viable way of showcasing one's RPB skill. With a judge system in place it makes things even easier to break down.

The 'one week' thing puts some people at a disadvantage that may cause some to forfeit.

I've noticed one group having a problem with the context of the tournament. I don't think the context is an issue at all, because its a tournament and I'm sure Red XIII was just trying to engage the fighters regardless of their personal beliefs or agenda's. I'm assuming that he wanted to provide an out for the characters to not be responsible for the outcome and thats best illustrated by his own post in his own battle. In the Red XIII vs. Soulcorrupter battle Jake tries to stop the hooded figure then says 'looks like we have to fight this one out'. His character probably wouldn't fight under normal circumstances, but here he's given himself a way to engage in a fun fight for the title of 'champion' without interfering with his own characters moral compass.

The First Round of the Tournament is finished! All battles will be closed and judged now.

As Rene Skylar has withdrawn from the tournament, Julius Aurelius will be proceeding to the semi-finals by default.

Last edited:
Congrats to Julius on being the first to win a match!

As for the rest of us, when can we expect to hear the results?

And now that Drach and Frenzy both quit does that mean we're only having two fights in the semi-finals?

I'm not actually quitting, I had already won because Frenzy forfeited.

In case people didn't know Frenzy and already agreed to end the battle like this when we knew he had to forfeit.

Don't worry about next round I already decided that I would just ignore the thing with Frenzy and Ravona will act like it's her first battle. I've also decided why Ravona is fighting.

Last edited:
Back