Nintendo Super Smash Brothers Brawl

I've only lost one online match out of the many I used G&W in. and that's because someone had a screwy conection
but when it comes to final smashes, I would say I enjoy Ganondorfs where he becomes a giant boar

I can't stand playing against players who use Sonic. His moves are difficult to predict since they all look the same. You can't tell where his attacks are gonna come from.

Annoying bastard, that one.

He likes a good character, at least. =D

Pikachu is awesome. Got an upgrade since Melee due to its downward smash attack. Draws opponents in a bit better, it seems. I wish Pikachu's smash attack was a little better, though. I have problems controlling it.

I hate pikachu. he is the most annoying character to fight especially with his down B attack, but that's what multi leveled arenas are for.

I don't use Snake cause he's top tier, honestly -- I mostly use him because I've been a fan of Metal Gear Solid since the playstation age. Even if he wasn't top tier, or even close, I'd still use him.

Link, on the other hand, is a character I've used since the original SSB, so using him as my substitute is pretty much unavoidable.

I hate pikachu. he is the most annoying character to fight especially with his down B attack, but that's what multi leveled arenas are for.

Players who whore that attack are annoying, but it isn't a dominating move. Really, it only poses a problem at the Temple.

I don't use Snake cause he's top tier, honestly -- I mostly use him because I've been a fan of Metal Gear Solid since the playstation age. Even if he wasn't top tier, or even close, I'd still use him.

I fucking hate it when people bring tiers into gaming. People who whore themselves out to higher tier characters because they want to win rather than to have fun should be hit in a head with frozen stupid. Fucking ruins the entire thing.

And that includes in competitive play. Tier lists can go to hell.

I fucking hate it when people bring tiers into gaming. People who whore themselves out to higher tier characters because they want to win rather than to have fun should be hit in a head with frozen stupid. Fucking ruins the entire thing.
Yeah, why play if we don't have fun? King Dedede and his "I'll send you to da moon" hammer :neomon:

Even though I end up losing with him, that doesn't means I am not having fun :)

And that includes in competitive play. Tier lists can go to hell.
Agreed 100%

I must ask since I have not seen this tier list, where game and watch falls on it considering he is the best, at least for me, and Olimar for that matter. I remember people saying that he was going to suck, but I found him to be better than most other characters.

There isn't really an official tier list. Some people consider certain characters to be naturally superior to others. Players will continuously pick the "top tier" characters in order to succeed more regularly.

phh. in my book all the characters are equall and total capability. it just depends on the person using using that character. except for ice climbers and jiglypuff. They got a major power down in brawl.

I'd say there are definitely characters that are superior to others. An unskilled player can use Ike and have a much greater chance of succeeding than if they chose, say, Olimar instead. As you said, a lot depends on the player.

And I think the Ice Climbers are extremely good. They still pack some of the strongest smash attacks in the game...provided they are both together. They can unleash their smash attacks continuously at a pretty fast rate, too. If Nana kept up a little better, they'd be downright amazing.

I must ask since I have not seen this tier list, where game and watch falls on it considering he is the best, at least for me, and Olimar for that matter. I remember people saying that he was going to suck, but I found him to be better than most other characters.

There isn't an official tier list yet but there have been discussions on the topic elsewhere. There are "official" lists for the previous SB games and pretty much every fighter you can think of. It's fucking annoying when some high-and-mighty bastard when you ask for advice for using what's looked on as a lesser character says to you 'use another one'.

I know how annoying that can be, honestly. Nothing pissed me off more than hearing that the character I used was "shitty" and "low-tier." I mained Link back in SSB and SSBM, and it was irritating to hear how much he blew compared to the higher tiers.

Now, in Brawl, it seems that my fandom for the MGS series lead to me actually using one of these "high-tier" characters. I could care less what tier he is, as long as he's fun to use. Though, lately, I gotta admit, I've been subbing Link for Captain Falcon.

i luv mi sum flcon pawnch

Cavallone said:
I mained Link back in SSB and SSBM, and it was irritating to hear how much he blew compared to the higher tiers.
Anyone who says Link was a poor character in SSBM is foolish. Hell, his up + B move alone made him amazing. His smash attacks weren't dominating, but he was definitely a strong character.

The apparent problem with Link is that he was one of the slower characters and that a lot of his moves had lag/slow setup time. Doesn't stop me using him and spamming Up + B move on my pals though, I got accused of being a cheap bastard once or twice because of that. :P

That move is seriously annoying. haha

Just stand next to the ledge and use it when another player is trying to get back onto the stage. They don't stand a chance...even if they've still got a low percentage.

Oh, well. Do whatever works. xD

I remember how good Kirby used to be in the first game, especially with his down B move. is it just me or did they make it a lot weaker in this game. Not that it bothers me too much cuz I don't use him, I just want to make sure I'm not the only one to think this.

Back