Nintendo Super Smash Brothers Brawl

I don't think Ike has a solid recovery move. His Up + B technique is pretty much you're only shot if you're trying to get back onto the stage. You gotta jump for the ledge and let Ike fall pretty low to the base of the stage before initiating it. Otherwise, you won't get close. The move has a lot of vertical potential as a recovery move...but that's about it.

Really, that's Ike's main weakness. If he could get back on the stage easier after being knocked off, he'd be even more of a handful than he already is.

I don't think Ike has a solid recovery move. His Up + B technique is pretty much you're only shot if you're trying to get back onto the stage. You gotta jump for the ledge and let Ike fall pretty low to the base of the stage before initiating it. Otherwise, you won't get close. The move has a lot of vertical potential as a recovery move...but that's about it.

Really, that's Ike's main weakness. If he could get back on the stage easier after being knocked off, he'd be even more of a handful than he already is.

well that kinda depends on the situation cause i usually use the Side B move to recover with Ike......you have to be high enough and time it perfectly, otherwise ya have to use his lame up B move that's only good for newbies to spam with...

Hmm, I think the online play might be getting better, I played a few matches earlier, and it didn't take more than 3 minutes to get the players ready and begin the brawl, and there was little to no lag too.

Maybe it was because I was playing it at 3am xD Or maybe it was because they're fixing it?

I didn't know his Side B move could be used without a solid footing. Doesn't it have a lengthy delay? Like you have to wait a few moments to charge before being able to unleash it? If that's the case, then you'd probably be too far gone by the time you got it off. I suppose it could get you back if you activated it before you fall to the level of the platform...or maybe it's a quicker move than I realize.

I dunno. I seldom use Ike.

Aerith said:
Maybe it was because I was playing it at 3am xD Or maybe it was because they're fixing it?
Actually, the matches DO seem to be less laggy for me when I play at certain times. I guess there's less people on or something.

I'm hoping that they go ahead and completely fix the problem, though. That wish may be overly ambitious. haha

Last edited:
The UK had finally gotten the game yesterday and we've only got Wolf to unlock character wise. After that I'll look into finding out which ones I'll main.

Snake is pretty sweet to use although I'm favouring slightly to Lucario atm. His Final Smash (AKA Beam Cannon of Doom) is pretty fun to use.

Im also a big fan of Super Smash Bros. Ive been using Link since the first game and have mastered him, but i plan on getting better with someone else so i don't get bored of him. I'm probably going to choose R.O.B or Zelda by the looks of things =D. Zelda's Controled fire Attack is the bomb.

Zelda has gotten totally buffed up since Melee. I use her as my main character in Brawl, and she kicks ass. Her side-B move is stronger, Zelda's faster, and in general, she's just better than her Melee counterpart.

Sheik got totally nerfed though D=

I didn't know his Side B move could be used without a solid footing. Doesn't it have a lengthy delay? Like you have to wait a few moments to charge before being able to unleash it? If that's the case, then you'd probably be too far gone by the time you got it off. I suppose it could get you back if you activated it before you fall to the level of the platform...or maybe it's a quicker move than I realize.

I dunno. I seldom use Ike.
ya you can use it in the air.....what i do is right when i get knocked of the stage, i use my second jump and then hold on to side B, then when i'm a little higher than the ledge i let go, i always do it perfect.....well unless you get knocked to far, then your only hope up is his up B.....

I didn't know his Side B move could be used without a solid footing. Doesn't it have a lengthy delay? Like you have to wait a few moments to charge before being able to unleash it?

You can charge it but like Link's Up+B you can throw it out right away and is usable in the air. I was experimenting with Ike last night and he's a really nice solid character. Has really sweet KO moves and it's possible to knock out people as low as 80% with him.

Also R.O.B. kicks just so much ass. Going to be playing online tonight with my flatmate with someone on my friends list in a 3-way match.

I just started playing this game yesterday - and am 28% through adventure mode - and it is, without a doubt, my favourite Wii game; period. The adventure mode, while it seems to be a side thought when you consider the primary aim of the game, is actually very good and, imo, far more enjoyable than Mario Galaxy - sadly I can't understand why people like this game. :/ I think the only game I like better is Zelda: TP but since I own and play the GC version, I don't really count it on my Wii list.

I haven't played much of Melee, but I have to agree that Sheik isn't as good - although s/he's (was Sheik male or female?!) not TERRIBLE - while Zelda is awesome! ^_^ There are some great characters on it! =)

The Pokemon trainer is a defenite improvement on Mewtwo as well, although I have to say there is still something to be desired as none of the pokemon are kick-ass, just cool to watch; Squirtle and Charizard are the only decent ones, but I guess 2/3 isn't awful. Squirtle can actually be very useful as you can double jump then use up and B to gain a lot of height. :)

I consider Charizard to be the worst out of the 3 Pokemon tbh, but I'm usually negative minded against the heavier characters.

Don't know if it's been brought up before but you can customize your games to be stock/time, edit what items are useable and basically everything else if you're playing with people whose FC you have. Been having 2v2 Stock team battles the last few days which was awesome. Been playing with either Ike or Toon Link now.

Well, Charizard is actually by far the Pokémon I do best with, and it is easily my favourite, as well. The character has a lot of potential, you just need to learn how to use him right. :wink:

A couple of days ago, while I was really bored, I wondered how long you could put an enemy to sleep for, so I went into Special Brawl, and had a Mega Brawl. I set the Damage Ratio to 2.0, and the opponent's handicap to 300%, and had only Smash Balls appear (well, that and stickers. :P), my character was Peach.

As soon as a Smash Ball appeared, I smashed it open, then held on to it until I pummeled the foe to 999% damage, then used it right beside the foe, and he stayed sleeping for 6 minutes exactly. XD

I can't emphasize enough of how bored I was, so I just wanted to do something I never did before, no matter what it was. :lol:

Ike is a pretty gimpable character; I've switched my main from Snake to him, lately, and it's pretty easy to kill him. Characters that can knock anyone to a low angle off-stage can murder an Ike from anywhere as low as 60%. He is a solid character, but if you put him up against someone with a spammable projectile, or someone that can easily camp, then you've got a much harder game ahead of you. Just recently, I played a R.O.B in a tournament, and just barely lost by a stock. It was an online tournament, though, so there's not too much credibility there.

In terms of PT, I think his best pokemon is Ivysaur. Good, powerful attacks, a nice projectile, and a decent aerial game. The only thing that makes him bad, persay, is his recovery. All you've gotta do is edgehog him and he's NOT returning to the stage.

I need to keep up with this topic a bit more; if anyone wants to play, or anything, just drop me a PM. i bez allweiz redy for a gaem. <3

I might do that sometime, maybe tomorrow, would that be alright? I probably could've saved everything for that PM, but I just thought I'd just a heads up. :)

My two main characters are Pokémon Trainer (specifically Charizard), and Lucario. I'm also pretty good with Wolf, and use him sometimes, I can spike foes with him really well, much like with Charizard. ^_^

i mainly use 4 characters throughout the course of the game: Ike, Sonic, Lucas, and C. Falcon. i use Ike for multi-man brawl, Lucas for boss battles, Sonic for casual brawling, and C. Falcon for serious brawling.

Yeah. That'd be fine, honestly. I usually don't have much to do during the day, especially now that it's summer. Just, whenever you feel up to it, drop me a PM.

The three characters I just mentioned are, indeed, my most used characters, but I use other characters plenty as well, I use a decent variety at times, since I'm pretty good at using most of the characters in Brawl.

One thing I must say though, when I have online Brawls, there is definitely some lag...hopefully you're not at the other side of the world, or it might get pretty sluggish. >_<

I finally got a Wii and bought this game yesterday, so now I can actually give my opinion on the characters and the game as a whole. Yay.

Ike is a pretty gimpable character; I've switched my main from Snake to him, lately, and it's pretty easy to kill him. Characters that can knock anyone to a low angle off-stage can murder an Ike from anywhere as low as 60%. He is a solid character, but if you put him up against someone with a spammable projectile, or someone that can easily camp, then you've got a much harder game ahead of you. Just recently, I played a R.O.B in a tournament, and just barely lost by a stock. It was an online tournament, though, so there's not too much credibility there.

Ike is terrible -__- At the moment I'm playing through Subspace Emissary, and when I went through that castle stage of Marth's it was pretty easy...until I got Ike and decided to play as him. He was so much slower than Marth, and imo his move set was completely inferior.

In terms of PT, I think his best pokemon is Ivysaur. Good, powerful attacks, a nice projectile, and a decent aerial game. The only thing that makes him bad, persay, is his recovery. All you've gotta do is edgehog him and he's NOT returning to the stage.
I haven't even gotten him yet. So far the only Pokemon my trainer has is Squirtle, but I quite like the little fellow.

Lucas surprised me too, I was expecting him to be kind of lame but he's actually very good. I don't know why he screams "PECAN" all the time though. Zero Suit Samus, Pit and Meta Knight are also great additions...actually I was really surprised at the amount of times Meta Knight can jump. He sure makes going after those targets a cinch :wacky:

Also, I'm wondering why so many people say playing this game is horrible with the remote/nunchuck and that you need a classic controller or gamecube controller. I've been playing it with the remote/nunchuck combination and it's really easy to pick up, I haven't had any problems. And I've seen alot of people on various sites complain about control issues in Emissaries...but I haven't had any o_O Are all these people complaining just REALLY shitty at the game or something?

Marth is a superior character, in all actuality. Better jumps, aerial game, speed, recovery; he's got Ike beat. But, Ike isn't as horrible a character as people think, or like to say he is.

Yes, I don't even bother with Ike anymore. Also, I can't stand using Donkey Kong. He's strong, sure, but lordy he's slow. Diddy Kong is pretty awesome though. I am slightly disappointed they didn't make Zero Suit Samus a completely separate character from Samus in the Power Suit, though...I loved the whip, and the Power Suit is entirely too slow for my tastes.

Olimar is just godawful though. Well actually I just suck at him...but really, is he any good? Throwing pikmin at enemies doesn't seem to be very effective, and Olimar's base physical attacks aren't too strong either.

Also, n00b question: why are only some stickers available for some characters? Almost all the good stickers I want to use are available for Mario and other guys I hate using -__-

actually Olimar is very strong, depending on the pikmin he has. He is a fast character that is very good at recovering from being hit off screen. the pikmin that work best for him are yellow and red of course, but I would suggest not throwing those ones onto and enemy, and only use them for attack, because then can deal a good amount of damage. plus He has by far the best final smash. it is garrunteed to damage everyone else,if they haven't died or gotten a superstar, and when he comes down, if the stage is small enough it will kill everyone.

Back