Nintendo Super Smash Brothers Brawl

It is still unclear whether the Brawl roster has 35 or 48 characters. There is no proof that either one is true. It seems that the 48 character roster is confirmed by a reliable source.

Last edited:
With the game having been in the hands of japanese gamers for close to three weeks, I'd think that undeniable proof of the 48 character roster would exist by now.

The Japanese gamers will probably prove to us that the roster has 48 characters. The 35 character roster is achieved via Subspace Emissary. I hope the 48 character roster meets my wishes.

I hope it exists period. I'm skeptical.

However, given all the time they've had to develop the game, a 48 character roster would be appropriate.

When the hell is the UK gettin' hold of this game!

I've looked on loads of sites that say March 9th, April 29th, May 8th, sometime in May, June 6th...

I just wanna know when it comes out so i can know when to buy Mario Kart Wii...

DAMN YOU NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!one!!1!

SSBB's release date affects when you'll buy Mario Kart Wii? Mario Kart Wii isn't scheduled to release until later this year, I think.

I've heard May 9th (for SSBB), but I don't know if that's the official release date for the UK version of the game or not.

OK, less than a week to go, and I still haven't figured out who my main characters are going to be. I was trying not to think about it too much until I was sure there would be no more delays. I used Link in the first game and Marth in Melee, but I'm open to new ideas. I think I might try out Pit and Ike. I want to use Sonic, but he looks, as one of my friends put it, "too floaty" and difficult to use.

2 days to go! Almost done waiting...

Cecily said:
I want to use Sonic, but he looks, as one of my friends put it, "too floaty" and difficult to use.

Yeah, I'm not sure how difficult Sonic is going to be to use. I think it's safe to say that Ike is going to be pretty powerful.

I'll still be using Pikachu most often, I think.

In Melee, i usually use Samus. I always charge her gun and then blast them away ;)

Cant wait another 2 days!!!!!!!! My friend is getting it and i dont have nintendo so i will be playing it at his house march 9th xDDDDD

If the 35 character roster leak videos are true, then I will not play Brawl. The roster leak videos were made before Brawl was released in Japan. A prototype of the game was used in those videos.

If the 35 character roster leak videos are true, then I will not play Brawl. The roster leak videos were made before Brawl was released in Japan. A prototype of the game was used in those videos.

Stop talking complete shit, all the vids are from the actual game and the 35 man roster is confirmed so you better jump off a cliff while you're at it.

Has anyone been able to play WiFi with this game?

Maybe my connection is garbage, but I haven't been able to connect to a single match.

Stop talking complete shit, all the vids are from the actual game and the 35 man roster is confirmed so you better jump off a cliff while you're at it.

It does not make sense to leak the final roster before Japanese release. I will not play Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I am disappointed about the 35-man roster. I would rather play Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, and later Final Fantasy XIII.

Has anyone been able to play WiFi with this game?

Maybe my connection is garbage, but I haven't been able to connect to a single match.

I've had that very problem myself. I think the problem in on nintendo's side. I mean really, there are soo many gamers who plays brawl online that too much traffic is occurring towards nintendo.

I've had that very problem myself. I think the problem in on nintendo's side. I mean really, there are soo many gamers who plays brawl online that too much traffic is occurring towards nintendo.

Are you getting the 85010 issue? I haven't buy the game yet, but i found this note about the online problems for SSBB.

Maybe this could help you:

http://www.nintendic.com/news/1980

Last edited:
I've played three online matches so far. the first one using captain olimar, and the other two using Mr Game and Watch. and to sum things up. I won all three.
Olimar + GaW > all

Heyyyy, nifty. I was actually able to connect to a few matches here on WiFi.

There's a bit of lag. Like...it felt as if I was playing a Slow-Mo brawl. It was slight, but definitely noticable. Made smash attacks difficult to time and whatnot.

And I'm not sure if I got the 85010 error message or not. I don't remember the exact number. I'll give the link a go.

I actually got that error a couple times, you just have to keep trying. I think the third time i got on it set me up with a group. and about that lag, it must be your own internet connection, because mine was just like playing a regular match.

btw what characters were your opponents when you went online VoN?

Back