Nintendo Super Smash Brothers Brawl

I went through a couple of matches with the same people (at least I think they were the same). For the longest time, I was fighting Marth, Lucario and...I think Kirby. Got in a few others against a variety of different characters.

It does not make sense to leak the final roster before Japanese release. I will not play Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I am disappointed about the 35-man roster. I would rather play Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, and later Final Fantasy XIII.

Why the hell does it not make sense? It's to hype the game up and get people excited. I know I shat my pants when I first heard that Snake was in the game.

And WHY are you disappointed about 35 characters? Seriously, wtf is wrong with you? O_O They added in some awesome characters, like Zero Suit Samus, Wario, Snake and Sonic. We all know you fap to Fire Emblem, but I'm pretty sure you'd have a way more fun time with Brawl. That sucker even has Wi-fi, so you don't even have to have irl friends to play it :wacky:

Tedius Z said:
It does not make sense to leak the final roster before Japanese release. I will not play Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I am disappointed about the 35-man roster. I would rather play Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, and later Final Fantasy XIII

The full roster only surfaced once the game released in Japan. Before that, the only credible information on the game came from the official website, where only a handful of the characters were announced.

I can understand being disappointed with the 35-man roster if you were expecting a 48-man roster...

...but c'mon--there's more to the game than just the number of playable characters. Besides, a 35-man roster is still pretty good. Lots of variety.

I really hate how you can't copy/paste stuff on this site without having your text and whatnot change...

The full roster only surfaced once the game released in Japan. Before that, the only credible information on the game came from the official website, where only a handful of the characters were announced.

Thus the whole "A CHALLENGER APPEARS" meme.

I can understand being disappointed with the 35-man roster if you were expecting a 48-man roster...

...but c'mon--there's more to the game than just the number of playable characters. Besides, a 35-man roster is still pretty good. Lots of variety.
Seriously, whining about 35 characters is just...juvenile. You're like a little kid throwing a fit because he didn't get everything he wanted and refusing to play with what he DID get.

I really hate how you can't copy/paste stuff on this site without having your text and whatnot change...
lulz

And from someone who claims to be a fan of the series, no less. 13 characters shouldn't make all THAT much of a difference.

But anywho, the game's great. Aside from some issues pertaining to WiFi, I'm satisfied with it.

I heard the WiFi for the game is kind of...laggy. And that friend code system seems like a hassle.

But it would still be great as a multiplayer at home. And I really like that you can make custom battle arenas. Oh, and the soundtrack. It's epic.

I needs me a Wii, I want this game so bad <.<

I heard the WiFi for the game is kind of...laggy. And that friend code system seems like a hassle.

It is, man. Seriously, it feels like the match is happening in slow motion sometimes. Not being able to cuss out players who benefit from the lag gets on my delicate nerves. Game needs voice chat.

Carnage said:
But it would still be great as a multiplayer at home. And I really like that you can make custom battle arenas. Oh, and the soundtrack. It's epic.

One of the best soundtracks ever, methinks! I wish I could play any of the soundtracks on any stage, though. Oh, well.

Carnage said:
I needs me a Wii, I want this game so bad <.<

Hellz yeah you do. SSBB is the ONLY Wii game I have...and the only reason I bought one to begin with.

It is, man. Seriously, it feels like the match is happening in slow motion sometimes. Not being able to cuss out players who benefit from the lag gets on my delicate nerves. Game needs voice chat.

Kinda sad that Nintendo hasn't gotten the hang of teh internets yet. If it's that much of a pain, I'd probably just drag some random people over to my house to play it.

One of the best soundtracks ever, methinks! I wish I could play any of the soundtracks on any stage, though. Oh, well.

Out of all the things you can do in that game, it won't let you tweak where songs play? o__O

Hrmm...I should dl the OST :neomon:

Hellz yeah you do. SSBB is the ONLY Wii game I have...and the only reason I bought one to begin with.

Whenever I buy a Wii (assuming I can find a job) I'll be getting it for Brawl and Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles.

Carnage said:
Kinda sad that Nintendo hasn't gotten the hang of teh internets yet. If it's that much of a pain, I'd probably just drag some random people over to my house to play it.

Seriously.

The dude in charge of development said that he omitted voice chat because he was afraid of players verbally abusing each other. Boo-hoo...life's a bitch sometimes. You might get called a dick...move on.

Carnage said:
Out of all the things you can do in that game, it won't let you tweak where songs play? o__O

Hrmm...I should dl the OST :neomon:

Just songs that go with their respective stage. Like...you can choose which Zelda songs play on Zelda stages.

Carnage said:
Whenever I buy a Wii (assuming I can find a job) I'll be getting it for Brawl and Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles.

Which reminds me...I have Resident Evil 4 on the Wii. Forgot about that one. Had it on gamecube first.

Umbrella Chronicles might be worth checking out if SSBB gets old.

Seriously.

The dude in charge of development said that he omitted voice chat because he was afraid of players verbally abusing each other. Boo-hoo...life's a bitch sometimes. You might get called a dick...move on.

Meh, frankly I would find it a refreshing break from Xbox Live. No stupid 13 year olds screaming obscenities and throwing fits.

Just songs that go with their respective stage. Like...you can choose which Zelda songs play on Zelda stages.

Because it would just wreak havoc if a Metroid song were to play in Hyrule!

Which reminds me...I have Resident Evil 4 on the Wii. Forgot about that one. Had it on gamecube first.

Umbrella Chronicles might be worth checking out if SSBB gets old.

Lucky bastard :elmo: It's such a pain to aim on the PS2. And UC is worth checking out anyway.

Meh, frankly I would find it a refreshing break from Xbox Live. No stupid 13 year olds screaming obscenities and throwing fits.

Can't argue with that. haha

Carnage said:
Because it would just wreak havoc if a Metroid song were to play in Hyrule!

It'd totally be worth the chaos that would ensue. :monsmash:

Plus, I want to be able to play on Smashville without having to listen to the shitty Animal Crossing themes. They totally take the air outta the battle.

Carnage said:
Lucky bastard :elmo: It's such a pain to aim on the PS2. And UC is worth checking out anyway.

Never tried it on the PS2. I was about to buy it for the extra content, and then it released on the ol' Wii. Nifty spiffy.

I played the game, loved it. Meta Knight is my favorite so far and heck everything in this game is cool. 35 characters? I don't care, the game is really good to be worthy to get. Whining about it is so childish without even giving the game a chance for all the other features SSBB includes. To some of the gamers, shame on you :ffs:

What does Meta Knight play like anyway? I've been curious about him but haven't bothered looking up any gameplay videos <.<

He is a pretty amazing character, he has a sword, and is somewhat like kirby (since hes from that series) and he has a sweet spin move. He's kind of a dark character, and is quite powerful and i like playing as him :P

Anyways, my favourite character in brawl is Lucario, the pokemon. He play really good with him and he is quite powerful. I wish i actually owned the game, but i can always go to my friends to play it ;)

I'm curious, did anybody like playing as Lucas the most?

I've had Brawl for 3 days now and I'm love it. Unlocked everyone 2 days ago and I'm quite satisfied with the roster. My mains include Meta Knight, Marth, Snake, Bowser & King Dedede. (I don't give a crap about tiers, I just pick who I like to use)

I wanna play as Meta Knight and King Dedede nao. A shame they didn't include that chef thing that throws plates at you from Kirby Superstar :wacky:

My two main are Game and watch and Olimar. I think i'll start to use jigglypuff and Lucas soon.

maybe the Iceclimbers. would you consider them to be a missfit character like the others I use?

He is a pretty amazing character, he has a sword, and is somewhat like kirby (since hes from that series) and he has a sweet spin move. He's kind of a dark character, and is quite powerful and i like playing as him :P

Anyways, my favourite character in brawl is Lucario, the pokemon. He play really good with him and he is quite powerful. I wish i actually owned the game, but i can always go to my friends to play it ;)

I'm curious, did anybody like playing as Lucas the most?

Lucas is a pretty good character, but I don't use him too often. I'm partial to Ness...mostly because he's been a favorite of mine since the first Smash Bros game.

And yeah, Lucario is awesome. I love how he becomes more dangerous of a character as he takes more damage. Higher damage counters equal more power. His aura sphere is sweeeeeeeeeet.

Edit:

And I wouldn't consider any of the characters you mentioned as "misfit characters." Well...maybe Olimar. Other than him, I think everyone else is pretty good...especially Game & Watch and Lucas.

Last edited:
When I say misfit I mean the characters nobody really uses, because they rather use someone else. I am always told how much Game and watch sucks, I never see anyone play as jigglypuff. And what is this about people saying Olimar is terrible. he is one of the best in the game, and he for sure has the best final smash.

Oh, I got'cha. Then yes, I'd call several of them misfits.

I prefer not using Olimar mostly because the match becomes congested with all his pikmin running around. As far as his usefulness goes, I couldn't really say. I haven't used him enough to form an accurate opinion.

Anyone who says Game & Watch sucks is crazy. He's awesome. His smash attacks are powerful, and his entire body can inflict damage during his aerial attacks.

Back