[V1] What are you currently playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Borderlands

Top 5 games of 2009 in my opinion. Great job all around with this game, a lot of fun to play with the family or friends. No story line, but if you like custom modifications of guns then this is the game for you.

I know I've posted recently, but being as insanely hyped about getting Tekken 6 for Christmas in less than two months, I turned on my PSP and played Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection and now I am hooked, owning with King again. :wacky:

I spam one of his throws: S-T-F-. It looks like he rapes the opponent, most unusual throw move I've ever seen... :gasp:

I finished Four Swords and now I moved onto:
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

This is beautiful game, the graphics are beautiful the story is simple and touching really. Zelda is my all time favorite series and its easy for me to love all the game sin the series, this game is well on exploration and adventure just as any other Zelda game does. Defenetly another golden disk to add to the collection. ♥

I'm playing Tekken 6 at the moment, it's fantastic for letting out stress, and I think it's the best version of Tekken yet. The graphics are gorgeous, and I love how fast and smooth the battle system is, everything just clicks.

Alisa may be a character too far though, the words ridiculous and broken spring to mind.

I am currently picking up tactics again, this time downloaded on psp playstation network. Downloaded it this past Saturday been playing it ever since. I'm of course trying to get my main to be a ninja, and then I'm working my rotations with my other characters. I'm not going to speed through it this time, taking my precious time.

Resident Evil 5

Fucking brilliant game. Easily one of my favorite Resident Evil games. Currently I'm on Chapter 5-3 so I think I'm near the end. The gameplay has been really fun so far and the graphics are grand! I am also really enjoying the storyline and the setting. It would seem as though more effort has been put into those aspects of the game in comparison to the previous installments. From what I've gathered from talking to people about the game, Resident Evil 5 appears to be a love it or hate it kinda game. As you may have guessed, I fall into the former category.

Well lets see I am currently playing alot on xbox so Halo 3 (still) Gonna get Modern Warfare 2 eventually not right away. Ummm This week I will be playing Magnacarta II because I am goin to pick it up. Oh Blazblue is another. Also will be playingg Street fighter IV and Halo 3 ODST! This is all for the acheivements competition etc etc

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Star Ocean: The Last Hope

It's been a while since I've played oblivion. Last time I remember playing is when my friend had the decked out vile lair and I just spent hours upon hours hacking away at the corpse getting my blade skill up :wacky:

I've beaten SO4 already, but after some more fooling around in Oblivion, I'm probably going to head to the extra dungeons in the game and clear them. I also really want to get to the final fight in the Colosseum to see if the "Master of Dragons" is Albel D:

Probably not, but whatevs. D:

I'm currently playing Xenosaga 3. Once I beat this game I'll work on a few others.

[Mod Edit: Please try to lengthen your posts a bit more in post count sections. =) E.g: You could tell us about the game a bit and why you like it. Thank you. =)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Dragon Age Origins. Ive racked up 17 hours and 50 minutes in a week :| Could be more lol, but damn this game is beyond amazing. I love it so much. Alistar has just confessed his love go me :-) AWWWW!!! Its so damn cute when he gets all tongue tied lol :D But yeah, too addictive a game!!

Final Fantasy VII

Yet again. Started a new game. I'm leaving Seventh Heaven along with Tifa and Barret now. :ryan:

Saved and stopped there. Such a good game. I'm planning on finishing it this time, instead of starting over again. :awesome:

Barret: Ready to meet your little baby?
Cloud: Out of my way!
Barret: Jes' calm down!

Tifa: Good morning. Did you sleep well?
Cloud: Next to you, who wouldn't?

:ryan:

Dead or Alive 4.

I got the shits really quickly though because Steve kept beating me. >_<

I like the game though. =P The characters look awesome with their outfits. XD Half the time I would just pick one because it looked better than the other one, not because they were better at fighting. >_<

The last one I had was the drunk guy I think. He was cool. >_<

While I'm waiting for the second Disgaea instalment for the PSP, I'm trying to be a perfectionist in Soul Calibur Broken Legends. What I don't like is the Gauntlet mode. It's a rubbish one player experience- just follow the rules and complete the stage nonsense. I also am a little disappointed that you can't choose whoever you want to fight against in a quick match in one player mode as well.

However the Creation mode is rather entertaining. So far I created fighters named after Final Fantasy summons. The latest I made is a pale skinned woman with blue armour called Shiva. As for the titles, I've collected about 100 at the expense of nearly wrecking my PSP's D-Pad.

DJ Hero

As a whole I'd say it is a solid addition to a dying genre. Seen as Guitar Hero has been thrashed it is nice to see some new ideas. The controller is designed pretty well and the buttons, knob and the crossfader actually make me feel like I'm doing something. But more importantly, the controller is actually fun to play with.

The music is meh. I'm not the biggest fan of this kind of stuff but I must admit that even I enjoy some of the remixes. I still found that there is a lot of shit on the setlist though and after awhile some of the tracks felt repetitive and somewhat unnecessary.

What has really won me over has been the gameplay. But I have a few quarrels with it. Firstly I thought the addition of the Guitar Hero controller to a few tracks was a nice attempt at integrating the game with the rest of the series. But in my opinion, it wasn't in depth enough to really be effective. The guitar tracks were just boring to play in my opinion.

But the main problem I had with the gameplay was the fact that it is impossible to lose. If I wanted to, I could go to expert mode and just leave the controller. I found that in the Guitar Hero games, it was quite important to have the looming possibility of losing because it provides a way to measure how much you are improving. Because you can't lose in DJ Hero, it is a lot harder to tell if you are getting better or not. This means that I have relied on online play as a way to track my progress but unfortunately it often takes a good while before I can enter an online game.

As a whole I think the game was on the right track by introducing something new. But it still doesn't leave the same impact as the first few Guitar Hero games. Not being able to lose takes away a lot of the challenge and replay value associated with the Guitar Hero series.

Im playing Dissidia, Super Smash bros melee, KH 358/2, and FF5 for the tenth time

Dissidia: All big FF fans must play this, its epic and fun. Really unique fighting game with beautiful graphics and lots of strategy and customization. Play online to double the awesomeness. I main Bartz, and spam teh Holy.

SSBM: Its what we play at school. SSBM is fasted paced and requires actual skills to play at a competitive level. Lots of awesome combos and advanced techniques, and doesnt get boring fast. I use Sheik(chaingrab FTW)

KH 358/2: A great game to play with friends. Complete missions together and kill heartless. My favorite character to use is Xigbar, to fire at a range.

FF5: I just love all the jobs. FF5 gives you lots of freedom in customizing your team, thats why its my fav ff game

Last edited:
I just bought New Super Mario Bros Wii for a rather decent price. I have not played a Mario game (other than Mario Kart Wii) since the launch of Mario Sunshine when I was about 9.

So far I am loving the game. It's basically the 2D goodness I have loved when I was younger, though brighter, busier and prettier.

The controls aren't what I am used to, particularly as the Wii remote is used with wagging needed to pick up some objects. Other than that, I am enjoying what I am playing so far.

Xbox 360
Star Ocean still 0_0 I'm on the last disk, trying to complete some of the quests. I got tired of it and decided to start exploring Nox Obscurus. This is def my fav area of the game so far :) I might go to finish it then work on the quests post game. Edge & Reimi are lvls 72, while everyone else are 59.

PS2
I haven't a clue anymore. Both choices for that appear to be broken or my ps2 has decided that I'm not allowed to play anything but Shin Megami Tensei games XD If my ps2 is broken, surely more than 2 games would be having issues *shrug* So for now I've been playing New Game+ on both Persona 4 and Digital Devil 1, as well as a fresh new game on Persona 3, my new game+ was too easy with a lvl 99 MC lol.

PSP/DS
PSP wise I was trying to finish Dragoneer's Aria, but I got so tired of getting hammered everytime I went into a new area. The area's I'm in now there's non stop attacks from those dragon things, and even if I've levelled up in said area a while they still hit for 2000 in those All attacks. DS I'm near the end of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2, the last boss was giving me some trouble as I ran out of healving/revive items, that Roar of Time attack is a killer, literally. I had to backtrack to the beg of the dungeon to get some items, sigh.

Wii/Gamecube
Tales of Symphonia 1, I've been waiting for the Wii sequel for so long but I still haven't finished 1 ^_^ Still bought the sequel on Friday tho haha. Also in between I'm playing Spectrobes. I'm so glad to have some decent rpgs on this console ^_^

Modern Warfare:2

Do I really have to explain how awesome this game is not I don't except for the fact i had to wait in line till midnight and a bit or lag that I rarely experience on psn this game owns.I thought cod4 was the best but when this came out I dropped dead with the exception of a few things.The major issue for me was the way the m16 is now it just doesnt seem the same but both the m4 and scar made up for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back