[V1] What are you currently playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my copy of Deus Ex Human Revolution today and played it when I got home :britt: I'd already played the leaked beta back in May, but they've made some pretty big improvements to the game since then. For one it isn't a shoddy POS 360 port with the weapon bar tacked onto it like the beta. And the graphics have been improved a lot. the cutscenes could scale better, but they aren't as bad as the beta. I could spend hours just running around the Detroit hub finding things to do and earning EXP for praxis points by leveling up. I took my time doing the side quests and spent about 4 hours doing them all and other things like killing these two guys with their own refrigerator for pulling their guns on me. I was just exploring :sad2: I'm a mix of tactical and assault. I have my tranq rifle for silently picking off enemies, and my pistol or shotgun for when things get a bit heavy. I'm in the area that the beta ended, so by tomorrow if I don't play Tales of the Abyss instead, I'll finally see what happens next. Great game. Better on the PC, of course. And so far, it's a worthy successor to my favorite PC game of all time.

Xenogears

Just finished downloading it to my PS3. A pretty lengthly intro, and beautiful graphics. I've just fought and trying to understand how to play it. The only downside so far? I can't use the analog

3 games I'm playing/replaying

1)Dragon Quest VIII.
I have not played this game in a few years(actually had to search my Ps1 library for like an hour to find the damn game, oh well).

2)Final Fantasy X-2
Currently my 5th play-through. This time I am actually gonna go through all of the side-quests(never done all of them:olivia:)

3)Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Just because I absolutely love the game :) (and my N64 surprisingly still works)

1)Dragon Quest VIII.
I have not played this game in a few years(actually had to search my Ps1 library for like an hour to find the damn game, oh well).

2)Final Fantasy X-2
Currently my 5th play-through. This time I am actually gonna go through all of the side-quests(never done all of them:olivia:)

3)Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Just because I absolutely love the game :) (and my N64 surprisingly still works)

X-2 side quests. Pain in the arse, to get 100% use a guide because there are some side quests that require timing as I remember.

OT. Love love. Play it a couple times a year, never gets boring. Thougbafter a while you know every little secret and what to do when :D

I am still playing Arkham Asylum, however the battle at the end is rather difficult and got me very frustrated. A pain built up in my head and I was getting annoyed, so I will play it again in a few days

I am also currently playing Half-Life 2, it seems like a decent FPS with a good storyline. It is too early to draw any realistic conclusions yet however

After finishing Deus Ex 3 I am now going to continue my Tales of the Abyss playthrough with hopefully no distractions. Just hope I can finish it before school starts the day after tomorrow :< Probably not, but oh well. First week of school is easy (and not to mention boring >_>). Then I will finish it :reptar:

Currently im in the middle of playing new games that i played and then just stopped cause of my busy schedule,game si mad eit all the way into and got stuck and stopped playing,etc. As of right now Im Re-playing Star Ocean Till the End of time. I had the game for a very long time and made it all the way to luther the last boss and couldnt beat him. However I decided to delete my save file while keeping my trophy data and start the game over since i wanted to relive the story. The battle trophies are hard to get so at least i still have my data to get 3p costumes Nel with white hair is a must xD Im hoping this time I can train more in some areas and when I make it to luther I wont have such a hard time this go around.

I just started playing Heavy Rain, but I've played the demo a few times already so I have the beginnings of an educated opinion on it. I am very surprised that they have managed to build an entire story around the button press mechanic, it's really extraordinary. Your actions affect the outcome of the story and sequence of events, to the extent all four main characters can die and the game will go on. It's gotten me very paranoid about the outcome of my choices already

I am going to throw on Dead Space soon though

I recently started playing MAG again. It's about as good as I remember and a surprising number of people still play. I love this game because it seems like everything Call of Duty does wrong, this game does right. :awesome:

I'm also replaying FFIX... :dry:

I'm trying to pick up this neat little indie game that I downloaded here. It's a wonderful site, be sure to install the beatmap packs and check out the stickied tutorial on the forum on how to do it all in one go. So it's cute, discovered it from one of the LP'ers I was watching on Youtube last night because she'd posted a video of it. I was intrigued. Apparently you click on specific outlined points in beat to the song you've chosen. You can change the skin, the cursor, and even modify the look of the text that pops up all colorful like in your face when you miss a beat or get some points. Object of the game is obviously similar to other Japanese titles like Beatmania! and Elite Beat Agents where you have to rack up points by successfully timing and clicking the indicated circles and stuff.

I'm still trying to get used to this because I'm not too familiar with beat simulation games like this. Looks like it'll be an addicting one though. :)

Since I finished Xenoblade Chronicles, I have...started a new file on it, from the beginning. Figured I'd have a completionist file, as a side project of sorts. Not going with New Game+, because that'd be too easy...I've set myself up for some more frustration as a result, though. Just thinking about the first disciple and Jade Face battles is making me shiver...

Also started playing Zettai Hero Project: Absolute Victory Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman on PSP again, because I need something ridiculously long and grind-heavy to keep me occupied for the next month or so. If I grind myself out now, I should be able to avoid buying Disgaea 4 immediately as well...or not. xD

Currently playing my second run through of Dragon Age II, on the first play through I was a rouge and used only daggers I only got up to level 21 but it was enough to complete the game, my main party was Merril, Varric and Aveline
On my second run I am playing a mage and so far my main party is the same as the first run through, I am still debating on wether to choose spirit healing or blood magic I have started on force magc and I love it.

Dead Space

I started playing this because Anabanana told me too, it has actually turned out to be pretty excellent so far though. At first it seemed a bit shit truth be told. The environment seemed to just be corridors and small rooms, with the occasional enemy shambling at you from a distance. This quickly changed (I would say within 40 mins at most), the enemies popped out of vents, leapt out from the dark, and the rooms were large expansive areas with multiple entries and exits.

It really feels like I am on an incredibly large space station with plenty to explore. The horror is done quite well, the monsters look disturbing, the occasional snatches of singing or speech are unsettling, the music is sublime at creating tension, the vacuums are particularly eerie. This leads me to my one flaw with the game, which is rather small. The dreaded backspawn, where an enemy spawns in an area you have already cleared in order to appear behind you. The game does not overuse this but it is still regular enough. I will walk through an area and see an enemy corpse that does not move, then a bit ahead when I am in a fight it will appear and hit me in the back. This does not add to my fear it's just a pain, I even dismembered a corpse once and when it back-attacked me it had all its limbs.

Uncharted

I am only about an hour into this game and I quite like it, I do not love it yet however. It seems to have a lot of great stuff, good platforming, lovable rogue of a main character, fun storyline, and mediocre combat. It does not bring anything new to the genre though so I cannot see why it is so adored, like I said I am only an hour or so in. It might shift up a gear as I play

The Baconing

Good ol' fun. You're just playing as superhero called Deathspank on a mission to destroy the thongs of power. It's a shame that big name companies don't make silly little games like these anymore. Makes me long for the days of the first Ape Escape.

I can't put down Resident Evil 5.
Even if people online are sucking like hell, but hey....I like a challenge. Other than that, I'm also playing Ocarina of Time: Master Quest. I am addicted to this game all over again, it's gotten a hold of me.
It's such a fantastic game and having it on the go is one of the greatest gifts in the world. ♥

I'm playing Borderlands again at the moment, and not much else. Started a new game as a Soldier a little while back, and I'm just about to head to the Vault...after I wade through all the enemies between me and it. Honestly, I think I preferred playing through the game as a Siren...the turret should be more useful, but I can't help but feel I had an easier time of it when I could phasewalk everywhere. Probably because enemies keep ignoring my turrent and smacking me one, and those sodding Crimson Lance enemies are immune to practically everything except corrosive shots...

Currently playing Final Fantasy VIII PC version!!!
Ah my favourite game in the world... First time I have decided to play it through on my PC though. The reason is simply because I don't have my Playstation at the moment. But I have to say that I am impressed with it. The midi music is annoying, but I believe that the graphics are better than the PSX version - during gameplay. This makes it quite interesting..
Plus it also means occasionally because I have it on the PC I can play it at work! HAHAHA o.o I didn't say that...

Dead Island - PS3.

I am currently playing through the PS3 Version of Dead Island. I'm having a lot of fun with it. I actually didn't think it would be this fun because I'd heard a lot of mixed reviews on it. I'm glad i picked it up though. I've not played single player, I think the game was really made for multiplayer, it's a little too hard for one person, specially someone as shit at games like that as I am.

I find it a bit hard to get used to the controls, and I really don't like the look of the 4 main characters, they look like psycho's scarier than the zombies sometimes :damon: but the graphics on the island are beautiful and it really feels like a massive open world...which I guess it is... haha.

Driving cars and stuff is really fun and i think the game is even better if you're playing with really fun people like i am :grin:

I recommend anyone to get this game if they have some good pals to play with.

Got my copy of Xenosaga Episode 1 in the mail today, so I'm playing that :grin: Long cutscenes, and I haven't gotten anywhere, but I'm hoping to enjoy it.

I am currently playing Gears of War III. I am liking it so far. However there are some stupid things I do not like. The robots that the Gears use sometimes are just weird.
Setting the bomb when Cole reclaims his Thrashball uniform and scores a point by planting a bomb while the Lambent are not doing anything?
That was just plain weird. That really was not Gears to me. :lew: It is much MUCH more challenging. I find myself dying a lot even on normal. I really can not imagine what insane will be like. I have done insane on the two previous games, and I thought it was not so bad. I hate the lambent so much. The Gunkers are so annoying. :rage: The ones that just grab you with their tentacles as well. :hmph: I plan on playing a lot more tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back