[V1] What are you currently playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution

I'm quite suprised how well this game is. For my first playthrough, I decided to actually play on the hardest difficulty, and of course, being the good guy who won't kill. I love stealthy games, and this one sort of reminds me of Hitman, which is a good thing

Dragon Age 2

Not really as bad as people say it is. I'm not saying it's great, but many reviews I've read pretty much give me the impression that it's a piece of shit haha. I'm enjoying it alright at the moment.

Well I just got my PS3 so I've got a few games to play for it. Playing Final Fantasy XIII right now to get started in it, then I'm going to play Demon's Souls. I also have Eternal Sonata and White Knight Chronicles 2 that I'll be playing.

Currently playing Gears of War 3 right now, I love the game so far Im on Act II chapter 2, but cant continue right now until my brother comes over again since im gonna beat the game on co-op with him instead of solo. Until he comes over again Im just playing in multiplayer and Its so much fun, finally glad I get to play with Anya in this mode, I been working on my retro lancer bum rush kills which im really good at. Going through campaign at my currnet skill level will be so freaking easy now ^ ^

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

In my first play through, I thought better to play it safe first and master the controls before I challenge the harder difficulties, and boy was that a wise decision. I was so screwed up with the controls in the first run that combat - whenever I accidentally started one, or whenever I'm forced into one - invariably killed me.

Not to mention that second boss freaked me out. I was playing in the night and whimpering around as that freak chased me around. Died a few times too... And on normal difficulty. Sigh.

Still, the game was spectacular, both in the visuals, and the freedom it grants the player. I could go around killing like some crazed augmented monster - which I did in my first play through - and watch the repercussions of my actions...

One of the earlier key missions would actually report your actions in the newspapers! Spoiler imminent: During the mission to steal the hacker's neural hub, I literally massacred the entire police station after the receptionist Wayne Haas pissed me off lol.

It became easier on later runs though, after I got used to the game, and had prior knowledge about the events. I had the opportunity to experiment with other augmentations in the later runs too.

Tip: upgrading Typhoon to level 2 for special use against bosses is extremely helpful if you wish to end the battle fast. I had mine at level two and the bosses all went down in under a minute. Honest. It was a YouTube video worthy show.

High replay value too. Going at it for my fifth time now, trying to be as evil as I possibly can.

Gears of War 3

I loved the previous two, and so far, this game is spectacular. I forgot about what happenened in the first two, but it shows and tells you what happened in the first two in the menu. I have no problem with the game, it's a great shooter, visually spectacular, and I'm just realizing this now, the music is actually pretty good.

Much of my time at the moment is dedicated to Dark Souls, which I am actually enjoying a lot more than I did Demon's Souls, because it's actually BALANCED. I've had some thoroughly aggravating deaths - I lost 20k in souls earlier, and then died again trying to retrieve them - but once I've calmed down, I can admit that these are due to my own carelessness. Trying to get through Blightown at the moment; I saw a video of someone glitching infinite souls, and I want to try it for myself...

I'm replaying Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland as well, shooting for the True End this time. Once I've got Mimi back - she's buggered off in a hissy fit because Totori is a higher rank than she is - I'm going to head back to Alanya for the events with Sterk, since I'll be recruiting him soon. I'm not sure I'll be able to get the true end this time around, which would be frustrating, but...eh, we'll see I guess. Taking it slowly this time around.

I also have files on El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron and Ar Tonelico Qoga, but I'm sort of...neglecting them :olivia:

I'm currently playing through Knights of the Old Republic 2 and Final Fantasy XIII, the latter of which I've resumed after about a year's break (and I'm on Gran Pulse).

KotoR 2 is great! The story so far has been simple yet interesting, and I love how the characters' good/evil balance reflects yours and how much influence you have over them. Getting influence with Kreia when you're as pure as pure can be is difficult! but satisfying. :) The battle system leaves a lot to be desired, but it's not diabolical. :)

Most of you know about FF XIII... Trying to complete it a little while before XIII-2 comes out! Perhaps I'll fit in FFVII before then too! :D

inFamous. I started it last week, beat it on monday, and I'm playing it on hard to get all the rest of the trophies for the platinum. It's a good game (I wouldn't be playing it again if I didn't like it) and the story is quite good, but the character models are all pretty stiff and some of the voice acting is pretty shit (except the main characters).

Currently Playing: Borderlands.

It's alright, I love the way the game looks, how it's kind of cartoony and cell-shaded, the characters look cool and the enemies look nice and creepy, those mother fucking midgets :hmph:

I've not bothered with single player, as usual. I don't enjoy playing most shooters on my own, a great friend is a must. Luckily I have one of those playing through it with me, unfortunately the online is very laggy. If you go through a portal to another location the game lags like a bitch for about 3 minutes, you can't even hear eachother on the mic for that time. Also whoever isn't hosting get's a 2 second delay in whatever they do through the whole game.

So if you press x to jump the character will jump 2 seconds later, shooting is a bitch because of this :(

The game is also a bit hard :rage: the enemies are about 1 or 2 levels stronger than us and they kick our ass so easily, but that could also be because of the lag? Who knows, maybe we just suck.

I'll give the game a 7/10 so far, it's alright, it's keeping me mildly interested, it would probably be much more fun if it didn't lag though.

I'm currently playing Final Fantasy X.

It's amazing just how much of it I'd forgotten since the last time I played it.

I'm enjoying it just like I knew I would again. XD This will be the 6th or 7th time I've played through it.

I think this is the first time I've actually used the Expert Sphere Grid as well, so I hope I don't hate it.

I am currently playing some game called finari fantaru sevenariju, you may have heard of it. The main character is some dude called Cloudarujiarujuri, he is very talented at attacking people with swords, but thankfully he is not a real person. I am currently on Disc one, I am sitting on it, it between my bottom and the chair. I am approaching some unknown destination called Temple of the Ancientsuureruskajawshi. I am filled with fear and anticipation.

Currently Playing: F.E.A.R. 3.

I am surprised at how much I am enjoying this game to be honest. I bought it with mixed thoughts. Mostly because I am not a big fan of scary games.

It is actually quite scary still but playing Co-op makes it ok-ish....I don't like that random monsters and things scurry across walls and disappear and that the stupid Alma bitch turns up at the worst times. Also it is quite horrifying that there is constantly an invisible monster that stalks you through the game and scratches you up if you fall behind :rage:

But the gameplay is fun, and as usual playing with someone good makes the experience a lot better and i guess the fact that it is scary is keeping me on my toes and makes it more interesting.

I am playing as a psychic dude, I have to use his psychic powers to take over bodies and use them to fight... I can't quite get the hang of it... but I'll get there :grin:

Anyway, I like it a lot so far.

Resonance of Fate

Im now going to back this game which ive had for about the better half of a year or 2 but nver gave it a chance, I did half of the prolouge and I just had to stop, I hated he gameplay since i couldnt really figure the damm thing out. however just a few days ago i went back to playing it and im on chater 2, I have to say I actually like the game now, now that i look at the battle system differently i like it, like seriousl I love the flipping hey do and hero actions like its so freaking cool, and i like how they level up based on their weapon skill level, and all of them have different cinematics for their weapons, I like lenne the most but seriously zephyr has sweet awsome flips :jess: anyway besides that i like the questing and just about every chapter beginning cutscene is a funny one, gotta love zephyr sneaking a peak at lenne and getting slapped for it :wacky:

However theirs one thing I hate, boss fights, why the hell are they so freaking hard or maybe im just too weak i mean i have the guide for the game but these bosses are just hard for no reason it sucks,but besides that I love the game xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back