[V2] Last Movie You've Seen

Movie: The Emperors New Groove

Rating: PG

Comments: Haha I'll never get tired of this movie.

David Spade does an awesome job as the llama.

He's such an asshole. XD

But the funniest asshole I've ever seen.

The whole movie is based on this Emperor Kusko (thinks that how you spell it) and how he thinks it's all about him.

He intends to destroy a village for his new holiday resort and shortly after is turned into a llama by his evil advisor who wishes to rule the kingdom. She meant to poison him but had the wrong potion. XD

Then Kusko is helped out by the guy who's village he intended to knock down and by the end he changes his mind of course. XD

Score: 10/10

^ Watched The Emperor's New Groove a few hours ago.

Boys Don't Cry

Sad and quite a disturbing movie. It has a great story however. I slightly remember something about having to watch this while I was back in school, always remembered the movie seeing it had the name of one of my favourite Cure songs, but ... woah, this movie really is something.

I actually paid attention to the movie, and it's a pretty sad story. Teena had been through a lot of shit, =/ and I felt bad about the non happy ending...

She deserved a good one, tbh...

9/10

Movie: Mulan

Rating: G

Comments: This was my favourite movie when I was around 13. I loved it so much that I would watch it nearly 3 times a day and not get sick of it.

The Dragon (Mushu) was just too funny. XD

I was really disappointed when they changed his voice in Mulan 2. Originally it was Eddie Murphies voice.

It's a brilliant movie. <3

Kick-Ass

Finally opened up this weekend here, and a couple friends and I went to see it tonight. I really loved it. I thought it mixed gritty and violent action with humor well and made for a pretty awesome movie. The story was pretty great, and it had a realistic approach too the concept of people trying to be super heroes.

And, of course, Hit Girl was my favorite character in the movie. She played her part very well and just stole the show. I thought it was funny how she cursed like ten angry sailors trapped in a tiny room, and her action scenes were insane. I'll probably pick this one up when it comes out on DVD.

9/10

Movie: The Boondock Saints II

Rating: M

Comments: Wasn't looking forward to this movie tonight but it was actually quite good and I got really into it.

The brothers were freakin' funny as. XD

I loved their Irish accents. <3

I have to see number one now. It was a really great movie.

Ninja Assassin (DVD)

10/10

I was complaining a while ago about how bloody this movie was, but once I got past that, I have to say I really enjoyed the whole movie. It kept my eyes glued to the screen. The plot was intriguing and the main character was exceptionally good--I still can't believe that was Rain. :wacky: It was so intense during the fighting scenes, we were screaming at some parts.

I usually get uninterested when watching fight scenes, but this one just kept me so pumped up. This drew out my inner man. :8F: IT WAS SO GRIPPING.

The Blind Side

very good movie, tim mcgraw & sandra bullock did an excellent job of portraying the family. I loved the movie and suggest it to anyone and everyone.

How to train your dragon

Bad ass movie and made me laugh and cry as some bits did make me cry. I like toothless the dragon as he looks like my cat thomas :)

Movie: New Moon

Comments: First time seeing this movie and I do think it was much better than Twilight.

I had to justify myself when hiring it out too.

I DO NOT THINK THE GUY IS HOT! HE IS THE FUGLIEST THING EVER. I JUST WANT TO WATCH THE MOVIE LIKE A NORMAL PERSON WITHOUT FANGASMING OVER THE UGLINESS WHICH IS ROBERT PATTINSON OR WHATEVER HIS NAME IS! :gasp:

Anyway. Good movie though I was really annoyed with the ending. I'm not that much of a fan of the movies to start with but the ending is really making me want to see the third movie like crazy now. XD

I should just read the books and find out what happens. XD

Score: 8/10

Last edited:
I watched 2 new movies through college recently.

First: In America. Omg what a beautiful and Sad movie. This movie is so touching add brings lots of things inside you. There are lots of Symbolic scenes that you will eventually understand. Its about a nice family but someone special in the movie dies and it makes you cry so much. 9 out of 10

Outbreak. Fabulous film about a virus called Hanta which does not exist of course xD But wow it was so well done. And this one was sad also. Lots of firepower in this film. But really good acting by Dustin Hoffman and others. 8 out of 10

The Men Who Stare at Goats

Man, this movie was awesome. It was incredibly entertaining and had a really interesting story and great cast. It had a concept that made fun of itself as much as it took itself seriously, which is a balance that I could certainly appreciate and admire. It was definitely a funny movie, but it also had an underlying message in it that I think makes you (or at least me) think about the world in which you live and such--though it does so subtly and not in a trying-too-hard-to-be-deep sort of way. The world needs the Jedi Warriors.

It's just too bad that I only rented it. I'm certainly going to go out and scoop up this gem sometime soon.

10/10

(Also: Kandy, I laughed at your note about Robert Pattinson. I just brought that very subject up the other night in the shoutbox, because I was saying that if they were going to get an actor to portray a gorgeous vampire man, they should at least get an attractive person in the role, which--I agree--Robert Pattinson is not. I'm happy to see another woman agree. XD [Also also: By "another woman" I do not mean to imply that I am a woman. Just saying that you aren't the first girl who I've heard doesn't think he's attractive. Ahem.])

(Also: Kandy, I laughed at your note about Robert Pattinson. I just brought that very subject up the other night in the shoutbox, because I was saying that if they were going to get an actor to portray a gorgeous vampire man, they should at least get an attractive person in the role, which--I agree--Robert Pattinson is not. I'm happy to see another woman agree. XD [Also also: By "another woman" I do not mean to imply that I am a woman. Just saying that you aren't the first girl who I've heard doesn't think he's attractive. Ahem.])

XD

I was talking about this with my best friend last night too!

I was thinking, in the book it says he's beautiful and was perfect etc.

So why would they ask one of the most ugliest guys to then play that part? It really does not make sense.

I swear, girls these days have no taste. 0_o I would not want a poster of that in my bedroom.

I mean Jesse McCartney would have made a much better Edward. XD At least his facial features are in proportion! :gasp:

---

Movie: Cinderella (Disney cartoon)

Rating: G

Comments: I just got this from ebay yesterday in the post and I was so excited to put it in the DVD player today. XD

I've got Cinderella number two and three coming in the post soon too!

Anyway, great movie. I always loved this movie.

It's an older Disney cartoon like Snow White.

I love how the narrator speaks at the start. It's so posh and well educated and I love the different words for different things they used back then.

The dialogue is just so refined. >.<

Movie: American Virgin

Comments: It was a pretty funny movie.

It got boring in some parts but for the majority it was entertaining.

It was basically about some girl who got a scholarship from this
abstinent club she was a part of.

Then one night threatens her position in college and all hell breaks loose from there. >.<

Score: 9/10

Iron Man

I'm seeing the second one on Saturday so I figured I should watch the first one. It's not my favorite superhero film but it was fairly decent. It felt a bit anticlimactic though. The vast majority of the film was spent showing him developing the suit and then at three quarters in, the main conflict started which left the film with like half an hour to resolve it. But despite this I found it entertaining and I really enjoyed the visuals. I'm looking forward to seeing the second one.

7/10

Alvin and the chipmunks: The Squekquel

Been a fan since the tv series. Had to watch the first one in thearters. The second one came out, was really really excited. The introduction of the Chipettes was nicely done i think. Ethan is in it again, and like last time, up to no good. But that;s put to an end as the movie nears a close. I won't reveal too much but wasn't surprised with 2 bed bunks.

For old school Chipmunk fans like myself,: 10/10

For everyone else: well i guess it depends if you were ever a fan or not.

Internal Affairs:

Had this for a good while and finally got round to watching it!! The Departed, its American remake, is one of my all time fav movies, so I thought I need to see the original. And I was in awe. Its amazing and full of tension. I knew the outcome and what would happen, but it had its own brilliant style. Worth a watch!

9/10

The Ghost and the Darkness.

It's a film about the Tsavo Maneaters (a pair of lions that ate a lot of railroad construction workers). It's odd that I was reading about lions, and then read about this film, and then later on in the day just by chance I saw that it was coming up on TV so I recorded it. I watched it today and I quite enjoyed it. It likely exaggerated the amount of deaths the lions were responsible for (though that can't confirmed, as the lions didn't eat all of the people they killed even in the true event), but it captures the fear that the real lions caused quite well, which is what the movie was going for.

8/10.

Avatar. Great great Film!!! Its so frickin good. I watched it all finally and everything was well done. Am I the only person that thought pandora looked like Gran pulse from Final Fantasy XIII? (Yachas Massif) The general in the movie ..... I hated him so much!!! I mean who shoots down a wounded girl with a fucking missle.... :sad2: I LOVED THE MOVIE!!!

10/10

Kick-Ass.

Maybe it was just me, but I felt the film was hyped up a lot before release. I saw some trailers and thought the hype was well deserved.

But when I watched then film, whilst I did think it was very good... it was nothing special IMO. I probably would want to watch it again... but only if it was on the TV or I borrowed a DVD. I don't think I'd want to spend any more money on it.

I thought Hit Girl was brilliant and I thought Nicholas Cage was surprisingly good as well. The humour seemed to be very fitting to our generation as well... as if it was written by a young person.

But other than that, I didn't think it was as great as it was made out to be.

7/10 I guess.

Iron Man 2

It was pretty good really, I haven't seen the first one so I wasn't expecting to like it very much. I really enjoyed it, I thought all the actors were brilliant - Gwyneth Paltrow in particular surprised me, and the special effects were pretty awesome too.

My only complaint would be that the main villain was really underused, the the last half hour of the movie seemed really rushed.

Back