[V2] Last Movie You've Seen

National Lampoon's Van Wilder

Thought I'd give this a chance last night and was quite impressed with what I saw. Can't believe that Van had spent the last seven years in college! How he managed to bypass his dad for all that time I'll never know. It was hilarious to see how he interacts with each student on campus and even more funnier with Gwen, the girl who's trying to get a newspaper story out of him. Overall, good fun and something I'd definitely see again.

9/10

Movie: The Time Travelers Wife

Rating: M
Comments: :sad2: Probably one of the most emotional movies I've seen since 'P.S. I Love you.' :sad2:

Eric Bana and Rachel McAdams did such an awesome job in this movie.

It really got you thinking though.

How did he go back to see her when she was a child unless he met her when she was older. And how would he have met her when she was older if he hadn't of gone back in time to visit her as a child. XD

It's one of those, 'What came first, the chicken or the egg' things. XD

Fantastic movie. Really emotional, but brilliant!

I loved it. <3

Score: 10/10

I saw alot of movies last night. Well, by alot I mean two. First I watched Congo. Then I saved the best for last, .hack//Roots vol.1. I love it. I wish to one day get the whole series. Well, gotta get back to work. (NOT!!!)

The Mummy Returns

There was nothing much else to watch tonight, so I thought why not? And I wanted to see what it looked like on the HD channel. I've seen this film dozens of times and am still fascinated as well as blown away by the way they use Ancient Egypt. I loved the little boy Alex, he had some of the best lines in that film. Rick and Evie were such a believable couple, too. Then there's the uncle, who gets the random line here and there. I loved the action, you can never get too much action!

10/10

In Bruges

Just finished it a few minutes ago. I rented it because it wasn't playing around here when it was in theaters, and when I saw commercials for it, I thought it was going to be one of those witty, actiony comedy movies along the same lines as "Snatch", "Lucky Number Slevin", or "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang", all of which I love.

However! This movie ended up not really being like that at all. I don't even know how to describe it accurately, really. There were quite a few funny parts, and lots of action and violence (probably not the best for the faint-of-heart), but it had a much more serious, grim, and sort of depressing tone to it as a whole that I just wasn't expecting.

Also, it's one of those movies where there are, like, two parts where you're going "Oh, okay, I guess this movie is going to end pretty okay," but then it doesn't end, and then it gets to the part where you're going "Is it gonna-- no... No, it'd better not end he-" and before you can even finish the sentence the credits start rolling.

All in all, it was a pretty good movie. Just different.

8.5/10

Movie: I love you Beth Cooper

Comments: It was okay.

Not the best teen movie, but it did have it's funny moment.

Especially the beginning wich started it all. XD

That Hayden chick was a bit annoying but I got over it. XD

Decent movie.

Score: 9/10

Twilight Saga: New Moon.

*facepalm*

So, I figured, seeing the hype was over, and I never gave Twilight an actual chance, I watched both the first, and second movie in a row. If anything, I will have to say it wasn't even a bad movie. Though I couldn't help but think of the over hysterical people. >.>

I quite enjoyed watching it, but I know that this movie isn't meant for watching more then once a year, too repetitive.

It was decent though, I WILL give it that.

7/10

The Bounty Hunter, i ahve seen a few films today but this is new out s i thought i would write this down. REALLY REALLY impressed by this film, thought it was gonna be rubbish, would definitely recommend watching this

Movie: Resident Evil 1

Comments: I really enjoy the Resident Evil movies. They do quite well considering it was taken from a game to start with.

Not a real fan of all the gorey bits, but other then that it's awesome. >.<

I love Mila Jovovich in pretty much anything she's in so that's a plus.

Great movie, can't wait to watch the other two again.

Blade Runner

It's been a while since I've seen it and I watched the Final Cut version, which in my opinion is the best version. What is there to say about such a cult classic sci-fi. It's the best, it's definitely a film that no one in 1982 could have appreciated. It wouldn't be until 2007 that it would get the appreciation that it fully deserved from both the critics and the filmmakers of the movie. Let's be honest this film has been treated like shit over the years and this film really wasn't done right until 2007 in the Final Cut. It's gone through a lot of different cuts and versions, including unnecessary scenes, dialogue, poor audio quality and even a voice over done by Harrison Ford, to which he even agreed that the Rick Deckard voice over idea was stupid. Even the original soundtrack done by Vangelis wasn't even released until 1994, instead there was a orchestra version which no body wanted, they all wanted Vangelis's version but he didn't want to release it at the time.

Anyways, the story of the film is loosely based on the novel "Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep" written by Philip K. Dick. Philip did get to see a glance of Blade Runner and liked it but unfortunately he didn't live long enough to see the full movie. The movie has a slow but a dark atmospheric feel to it, it's kind of hypnotic especially with Vangelis's film score. The characters are cool and have quite a bit of depth to them, especially Roy Batty played by Rutger Hauer. Overall it's a great movie and while I will admit I didn't care for it at first, it took me a couple times to watch it to really appreciate the movie and now it's on my top favorite movies of all time. If you want to see a much darker serious side to "Han Solo," I'd check it out.

10/10

Mallrats

Been kind of in the mood to watch this for the past few days, and I finally threw it in tonight since I was feeling kind of ill and stayed home from school.

Though not everyone is a fan of Kevin Smith's brand of comedy, and even though the acting/dialogue can seem a bit stiff in certain parts, I'd say that this movie is my favorite from the "View Askewniverse". From the sharp and witty dialogue, Jay and Silent Bob's hair-brained schemes, and the comic/nerd references, the film is as smart and hilarious as it is stupid and vulgar.

Plus there is plenty of quotable material--from banter between characters to the occasional monologue--and tons of memorable moments. Great movie, and I'd recommend it to anyone who isn't easily offended by profane language and nudity.

9.5/10

Movie: Forgetting Sarah Marshell

Comments: Love this movie.

It's funny the whole way through. I especially love that cop guy from Superbad. The lanky one. Forget his name.

It had a lot of great actors and actresses and was a really entertaining movie the whole way. <3

Loved it.

Movie: Raise your voice
Rating: 7/10
I love movies portraying talents and such. I thought that I wouldn't like the movie because of Hilary duff (not the biggest fan here) but it was alright. It wasn't too predictable and it was quite entertaining.

Movie - Hamlet

Thoughts: I actually really loved it. The storyline is interesting the acting is amazing. And it really is a great tragic story. I highly suggest for people to see it.

Rating:
10/10

Tim Burtons Alice in Wonderland 3D

I still dont see the point in 3D movies, but I cant grumble, I got in as a student <_<

Anyway... 8/10

It was much better than I was expecting, I wasn't fussed either way about seeing it tbh, Dave really wanted to see it, so that's what we went for as nothing ese really jumped out. I t was a lot of fun, loved all the bright colours and Helena Bonham Carter as the Queen with the Big Head was ace xD Didnt think much of the White Queen mind, she seemed abit ...spazzy... and the whole plot its self was abit shite, but I did really enjoy just the fun ness of it all. Despite the fact I think it was a crap story, it was still a really good film xD

I think it's one of those though, you either like it or you don't

Martyrs

What a disturbing movie. I watched the english voiced over one, because I couldn't find the original subtitled one, and it was in French. o_o I was about to say that the voice acting was rather off, until I found out the original language that was spoken was French. Oh well. I loved Anna's part in the movie. The poor girl.

I still don't think I get the whole plot of this movie... But it was a damn good one in my opinion. :gonk:

9/10

Thanks for the suggestion, Hal. ^^

Movie: The Nightmare before Christmas

Rating: PG

Comments: This has always been a favourite. <3

It used to always come on Christmas Eve at around 11 at night and even though I had a copy I would still stay up to watch it. XD

It just had that nice Christmasy feeling about it even more when I watched it then.

It's basically about Jack Skellington getting bored with Halloween and so he steals Christmas from Santa Clause to shake things up and try something new. XD

Movie:Ninja Assassin
Comments:Awesome movie I enjoyed all action from beginning to end.
Rating:R
Score:9.25/10-little unrealistic

Mod's Edit: Could you please expand on your post? Short posts as these can be classified as spam and may be deleted next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Walking Tall

Just finished watching this movie. xD I like it! It's more of an action movie I suppose, which I rarely like, but it's a good one! Chris kicked some ass in this movie, and I love how it all turned out it the end. xD

The court case was convincing also, some people just have their hearts at the right place.

OH! And he got his necklace back eventually. :ryan:

9/10

Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang

Went to the cinemas to see this with my mum and little brother. My expectations were blown out of the room. I was so impressed with this film! Even though the woman portraying Nanny McPhee remained, the cast was so upbeat and brilliant. It's on par with the first film and I'm really hoping another film gets made. Maggie Smith in particular had me laughing loads. If anyone's thinking of going to see it, I'd definitely recommend it!

10/10

Back