[V2] Last Movie You've Seen

Robin Hood

I liked how they did a different spin on the whole Marian/Robin love story. I wasn't really overly impressed with Russell Crowe or Cate Blanchett's performance, though. I honestly prefer the BBC America Robin Hood, Jonas Armstrong, to Crowe. Like SaShman said, they did do a really great job of painting a picture of what England was like back in those days. I also loved how they didn't glamorize the characters, since the dirt and grime really added to the movie and made the performances more believable. I'd say it's a movie that's worth seeing at least once.

6/10

Robin Hood

I liked how they did a different spin on the whole Marian/Robin love story. I wasn't really overly impressed with Russell Crowe or Cate Blanchett's performance, though. I honestly prefer the BBC America Robin Hood, Jonas Armstrong, to Crowe. Like SaShman said, they did do a really great job of painting a picture of what England was like back in those days. I also loved how they didn't glamorize the characters, since the dirt and grime really added to the movie and made the performances more believable. I'd say it's a movie that's worth seeing at least once.

6/10

This was the last movie I saw too, actually just today ^_^ And I agree, I loved how not just the Robin/Marian part but the entire story seemed to take a different approach than most other versions I've seen. The details used to bring about the setting felt very true to the time period as well, and the scenery was beautiful. Personally I did enjoy the acting though--Cate Blanchett is one of the only Hollywood actresses I have ever been able to appreciate, she is always radiant and she did the type of beautiful job I would have expected from her :yay: And though I don't usually care either way about Russell Crowe, I must say he played the part very well :hmmm: And Oscar Isaac was awesome as King John, though I'm not sure if that speaks very well for him XD

Definitely a must-see if you like this type of movie. 10/10.

13 Going on 30:

Wow, this film is amazing. Im not usually a fan of girly films, but Jennifer Garner is incredible. It has such a lovely feeling to it, soundtrack is awesome and you have to smile like an idiot when watching it!

10/10

The last film I saw, wasn't all that long ago, I went to the Cinema on Wednesday and watched Prince of Persia The Sands of Time

I was a bit dubious about watching it at first being a game to movie film and all, but I was extremely surprised, i thought it was enjoyable, the seats weren't very good being stuck as far to the right as you could possibly get but it didn't make such a huge difference, just would have prefered to sit more central.

I thought the film was great it was full of action, which helped to keep my focus and i'd definately go and watch it again, maybe in 3D a second time! :)

I'd give it 10/10

Movie: Monsters Inc.

Rating: G

Comments: Such an awesome movie. XD

Boo is just too cute. <3

Funny movie with a funny look at how Monsters come to be in our cupboards. >.<

Sully is just awesome. I love his fur. XD

Great movie for all ages.

Score: 10/10

Race To Witch Mountain

Excellent film, even for this type with Disney. It's basically about a taxi driver who ends up having two aliens from another planet drive them to their destination and they end up getting chased by the government. Loved the car chases, the aliens and their powers and even Jack. Shame that they didn't add Alex in right near the end, it would've been interesting if she had been inserted in the middle of the film. Overall, it was good. But I can't help feeling the ending was rushed a little.

9/10

Movie: Pretty Persuasion

Rating: M

Comments: Evan Rachel Wood is my favourite actress.

She's always in movies that are rather different to most. Just with her presence it makes the whole movie feel like she's made it hers just by being there.

I really do love this movie.

It annoys me because it also reminds me of my first boyfriend. >.<

But other than that, very smart movie. The way it all comes together in the end is just wow.

She's the Man.

Lol this movie is so hilarious. We watched it in English class oddly well it was our last class so yah xD. Its a really good movie and is filled with laughs. The girl crossdresses between boy and girl throughout the movie. Boy so she could go into soccer and girl so she can look beautiful xD. Its really funny. 8/10

Movie: Mamma Mia

Rating: PG

Comments: Love this movie!

It's the best musical type of movie ever!

They really jazz up the ABBA songs and really incorporate them into the scenes within the movie.

Lay all your love on me is the best scene in the movie in my opinion.

Fantastic actors and actresses and gorgeous story line. <3

X-Men

Bryan Singer is such a good director and he got this film almost nailed. I say almost because there were a few things that let it down in general. However, I still love this film. It had most the characters that I liked from the franchise and a pretty sinister plot. It could've been better, but I suppose it was satisfactory enough.

9/10

Movie: Pirates of the Caribbean 3- At World's End

Rating: PG-13

Comments: It didn't turn out how I expected it to be, [spoilers] I wish Will would have stayed dead, didn't really like the guy [/spoilers]

It was an okay movie, I still like the first one a lot more. Although the fight scenes were good in this one.

Score (I'm rough on these): 7/10

X-Men II

Probably the best out of the trilogy so far. Love that Bryan Singer directed yet again, such a shame he didn't do the third as well. Loved the plot and the characters were far better this time around. I also loved having my own commentary with Mark at the time, we watched it at the same time. xD

10/10

I finally saw Sherlock Holmes. I enjoyed it. I loved looking at the 19th century culture. And then end when they finally explained all the black magic really threw me off XD.

8/10

Bebe's Kids. Ok, I would have probably loved this movie when I was younger. It was different from your typical Disney movie and it was rebellious. But now I just find the kids to be total brats. And the movie seemed to not know whether it wanted to be a kids film, or a film to appeal to adults. Yeah, you can make a kids movie that will have hidden things to appeal to the adults, but this just didn't mix the two well.

3/10

Up

Awesome film. The kind of film that can appeal to both adults and kids. Admittedly I wasn't sure if I would enjoy it before I saw it, but I fucking loved it. It had the feel of one of those classic adventure films that I used to watch when I was a kid. It is definitely different to most family movies. For one thing, the main character is an old man. It also touches on some ideas that seem as though they were specifically aimed at adults. All in all it's a great movie and I'd recommend it to anyone really.

10/10 (Normally I wouldn't give a perfect score. But I honestly can't find anything I disliked about it).

Movie: Beauty and the Beast

Rating: G

Comments: I love this Disney movie.

It's the most emotional one in my opinion.

The storyline is beautiful and the characters are all gorgeous.

I love the story of the Beast. How he started as a cold and heartless spoilt Prince and then being transformed into a beast by an Enchantress.

In order for him to return to his human form he must fall in love with a girl and have her love in return before his 21st birthday.

Upon meeting Belle he changes so much and the ending is just superb! I love how enchanting his transformation is. It's beautiful. <3

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

It's quite a good film that's quite surreal at times, though it's understatedly surreal, it's quite weird. It's quite funny, it probably would have funnier if people had reacted to what is being said, but then it wouldn't be as realistic. Basically Bill Murray hunts a Jaguar chark and decides not to kill it because he doesn't have enough dynamite.

Mamma Mia!

I love this film so much, especially since it's practically got almost every Abba song in existence. I find myself singing along to the songs each time I watch it. Basically, a young girl is going to get married and has three potential fathers, but doesn't know which one it is when she meets them! It's funny throughout and the songs just keep you dancing and singng along!

10/10

Ameile:

OMFG, this film is just amazing. I needed cheering up and this film did just that. I love foreign films because they are so different to the usual Hollywood stuff. But this film
makes you smile like a moron. Worth a watch peeps!

10000000000/10

amelie.jpg

Death Note: L Changes the world
lchangetheworld.jpg

I rate it a 8/10. It was farily confusing but I found L's character extremely adorable. XD And the movie also was quite funny. XD Though the dubbed version was not so good, because it wasn't synced to well. XD But over all it was a good movie and I enjoyed it. ^^

X-Men III: The Last Stand

It's not a bad film, but compare it to the rest of the franchise and it's probably the worst. I'm still disappointed Bryan Singer didn't direct this one. I'm disappointed with the lack of screen time for Mystique, Rogue and Cyclops. The big major factor was that I didn't feel that the whole Phoenix thing was flowing properly, it felt too rushed towards the end. On the other hand, it still gets me when
the Professor is killed by Jean
because it's such a shock and I would've thought he was invincible. Nevertheless, a decent film with some flaws.

7/10

Back