[V4] What Are You Currently Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodbye Stranger - Supertramp

Busta will know why I'm listening to this song when he watches The Office episode "Goodbye Toby". It's a great song though. It's very uplifting and definitely one I actually needed to hear right now. For some reason I've been a little down today, feeling a little needy, but this song is really what I needed to hear. Makes you know everything's gonna be alright.

(Can't Get My) Head Around You ~ by The Offspring

Started downloading a bunch of songs by The Offspring, Jimmy Eat World, Taking Back Sunday, Mayday Parade, and Blink 182 to make a CD to burn and this one is by far my favorite of the bunch. It's gotta be song #1 on the CD as soon as I figure out the rest of the songs. It's gotta a pretty sweet beat to it and I recommend anyone to just listen to it once through.

State of the Union - David Ford
Despite the depressing lyrics, it's a brilliant song. It's layered fantastically well with more instruments than I can count, and it all gives it a lot of energy. Unfortunately the studio recording doesn't do him justice.

Recapturing the Vibe - Hilltop Hoods

After reading that Rock VS Rap thread, I decided to chuck on some hip hop. I really like this song, some of the people I used to train in Capoeira with are in the video clip so that's kinda cool I guess. I really like the backing music in this track and the high pitched chorus part is pretty good too.

Tell me what to Swallow - Crystal Castles
It's got a really gentle relaxing sound, which complements the singer's voice. Which makes it quite harrowing (which is a hyperbole when used to describe a song) as the lyrics are about a girl being abused by her father.

Gold Dust Woman - Fleetwood Mac

I really love this song, the music and the lyrics - Stevie Nicks has a really haunting voice on this song. I like how more emphasis is on the music rather than the singing, it adds to the effect.

The Wind Cries Mary - Jimi Hendrix

I've been going through a Hendrix phase recently, which certainly isn't a bad thing by the way. I love the mellowness of this song, it's a good song to chill to. I love the tone to Hendrix's guitar in this song, very deep and clear.

Merriweather Post Pavilion - Animal Collective

This is a hard one to pin down. It's a very good album, excellent in places (especially the opening two tracks and the brilliant closer Brother Sport) and has all the manic, melting-pot excellence I expect from Animal Collective. It will probably one of my favourites of 2009. But the hype has slightly overrated it I think. As good as it is, I think the band have done one or two better albums in the past. Though this is comparative, by most acts' standards this is top drawer.

I am listening to yesterday by the beatles. This song is so soothing and I love every bit of it. What they say in the song is exactly what happened to one of my uncles.

Night Lies - Bang Camaro

Excellent name for a band, btw. It played at the end of Rock Band 2 when the credits are rolling so now it's stuck in my head. It's not a bad song at all. Very good guitar, decent lyrics, nice rhythm. "We can be, all you need."

Muse - Hate This & I'll Love You.

Lately I feel like things are moving really slow, so I'm really digging the slow pace of this tune right now. That, and bellamy just rawkz with moosic :monster:

Back To Black - Amy Winehouse

Her voice is utterly fantastic. I know a lot of aspiring singers have been called "The new Amy" but they don't compare to the original, it's a shame she's such a drug addict, cause she's so bloody talented.

Amy Winehouse

Her voice is utterly fantastic.
Err...:wacky:

I've had a listen to "Fulfilled Desire", from the Crisis Core OST. It's basically a medley of all of the music from Crisis Core in an orchestrated fashion. I think I can finally hear the difference between Ishimoto and Uematsu by listening to the arrangement of familiar pieces: quite different indeed.

Bye Bye Baby - Janis Joplin / Big Brother & the Holding Company

I love this song, really shows off Joplin's vocals. I thought she might have been a tad overrated when I hadn't heard her music before, but after listening to a lot of tracks, I have to agree with all the critical acclaim she received in her too-short career.

I'll Be Missing You ~ by P. Diddy

Kandy-Sugar mentioned she was listening to the Sting version last page so I popped in the P. Diddy version which is mainly about Notorious B.I.G. and his death. Some girl sings on the track to with Diddy, but the name is escaping me at the moment. Good song which I think was unveiled at an MTV awards programs years ago.

I'll Be Missing You ~ by P. Diddy
Kandy-Sugar mentioned she was listening to the Sting version last page so I popped in the P. Diddy version which is mainly about Notorious B.I.G. and his death. Some girl sings on the track to with Diddy, but the name is escaping me at the moment. Good song which I think was unveiled at an MTV awards programs years ago.

I was actually listening to this version just before the Sting original. P.Diddy did a really good cover version of it too. Oh and the chick is Faith Evans. =D

Johnny Cash - Hurt

I have always loved this song. The song pretty much talks about his mistakes and how he's finally realised what he's actually done to himself. I love the beat as well. I kinda feel sorry for him in a way. However the thought, "We all make our own choices and it's no one elses fault," kind of pushes it out of the way.

But it's a really decent song to listen to all the same.

8/10

Last edited:
Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac

One of my favourite Fleetwood Mac songs without Stevie Nicks. It's an amazing song, it's got a catchy hook, but you can tell the emotions the singer's feeling. It's nice to contrast this song with Stevie's Dreams song, as both songs are about the same breakup, but both show a very different perspective. His is anger and betrayal, while hers is a more positive and optimistic one.

I'm Feeling This ~ Blink 182

Songs' chorus is REALLY catchy; favorite part of the song. Had it on my iPod for the longest time and just recently burnt it to a CD. It's probably my favorite Blink song they've made.

9.5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back