[V4] What Are You Currently Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bran- The pillows

I first heard it in the scene in FLCL where mamimi is smoking the cig that says never knows best. It juts stuck with me. So i finally decided to look it up so i could listen to it. I enjoy the instrumental better, but the lyrical version is also good.

Pot Kettle Black - Tilly and The Machine

I think this song is amazing. It's so catchy and I quite like the vocalists. I find it interesting how they use a tap dancer instead of a drummer too, I think it works quite well.

Tomb of the Serpent King/Butchers of the Sea by Manilla Road

From the album Voyager. An epic concept album about Vikings in Mexico. What's not to love?

Love Story - Taylor Swift

I'm not usually into the whole country/pop thing but I have to admit I do like this song quite a lot. I mean, the lady herself is gorgeous but she seems to have a particular attractive and natural voice. I like the last verse mind you with the whole "marry me" in it :-)

Run - Snow Patrol

I quite like the original version now. I think it's because I can actually hear all the words in this version, whilst in the Leona one she only enunciates the "light up, light up" part >_> It's a nifty little song xD

Peace Is Free - Black Stone Cherry

A power ballad which is a bit different for Black Stone Cherry since they usually keep the tempo fast but it is very uplifting which is obviously about peace. I like.

Mr Brightside (cover) - Alistair Griffin

I like the cover version a lot, I've always generally loved the song but I think the way he slowed it down and sung it to an acoustic version is pretty amazing...it's sensational! 8D

Dreams - Fleetwood Mac

I've started listening to this song all the time recently, there's just something about it that makes me love it. Stevie Nicks is amazing in this song, her voice is so hypnotizing and melodic. It sticks in my head for hours too xD Great song.

I am currently listening to Winds of Plague, Light this city and All shall perish. All shall perish and Winds of Plague are playing a show in St. Louis so I'm just listening to their cd's which I love to get pumped for the awesome show they are going to put on

Graceland - Paul Simon

Havn't listened to this for ages but now I remember why I always loved it. Great sounding album with its mix of African and Western music, Paul Simon probably hasn't topped this in his solo career.

Islands in the stream - Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers

I downloaded this randomly the other day, and for some obscure reason, I can't stop listening to it. They sound great together, and I think it's a wonderful little song xD Not normally a fan of country, but this song - along with a few more Dolly Parton classics - seems to be the exception xD

Mr. Blue Sky - Electric Light Orchestra :D

Not a "manly" song at all but it's fucking cool as shit. Anything by ELO is cool beans in my book. I like hearing this song on occasion. Couldn't imagine putting this on a iPod playlist or something... but it's good for a change of pace.

Supersonic - Oasis
One of their more catchy songs. I really like the drumming if anything, but a lot of the lyrics really stick out for some reason.

Indian Sunset - Elton John

Beautifully epic song about the sufferings of Native Americans.

Don't Upset the Rhythm - The Noisettes

What an amazing song. xD The chorus is unbelievably infectious, I find myself singing it in all silences, it brings a smile to my face every time it's played...and it just generally pushes all of the right buttons for me. xD

The Chain - Fleetwood Mac

I looove this song. I love the lyrics, and I think it perfectly showcases Lindsey Buckingham's voice, with Stevie Nicks also sounding great in it, and it has that famous guitar solo, that the BBC uses in Formula One xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back