[V4] What Are You Currently Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meds - Placebo

The opening riff sounds great and starts the song off well. The chorus sounds fantastic with Alison Mosshart from The Kill singing, and each time it sounds slightly more frantic, until it builds up to "The sex and the drugs and the complications" part. Then Brian Molko sings the chorus and then the tempo drops right off and the song ends, which is epic:gasp:

Music video of Indestructible- Disturbed. The whole theme is an "evolution of war" thing. The lyrics are even better and they seem to tell you what a soldier might think on the battleground.

Excitable Boy - Warren Zevon

Weird fucking song. Maybe the weirdest shit I've ever heard. The song is basically about a boy who is just deemed "excitable" by his friends and family because of his oddities. As the song goes along, they talk about how his behavior gets stranger and stranger... until he murders someone. >.> It's really fucking weird... but extremely catchy. >.>

And I thought Werewolves of London was odd.

HAHA That looks like my friend Brian who I keep bitchin' at to cut his hair. lol

Kristy, Are You Doing Okay? ~ by The Offspring

Just heard it for the first time today actually. It's about a pretty good looking girl in school who got into something whether it was cutting herself, drugs, getting beat, or something, and this guy who noticed her in High School but never went up and talked to her and wished he would have. Apparently he stumbled upon all her letters she wrote to her diary back then too and found out all the hardships she was going through.

The music video's really good.

Sara - Fleetwood Mac

The Tusk album in general is pretty good, not as brilliant as Rumours, but still pretty great. Sara and the title track have to be the standout tracks, Stevie Nicks has a really restrained voice on here, and it's weird for Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie to stay quiet, although their playing in the song is great, as always ^^

Original Prankster ~ by The Offspring

Another new song I found today. Was watching the music vids on YouTube which makes the song make more sense. A pretty cool flow to it and classic Offspring in the song. Basically a guy who in any circumstance is looking to try to be the class clown which eventually gets him more into trouble. Pretty entertaining.

The Killers - Human
One of my more recent songs i've added to my playlist. Always been a fan of the killers and this is one of my favourite song from them. The chorus doesn't much make sense to me but i love the beat and the guys voice is just fantastic.

heres the music video:

Behind Blue Eyes ~ Limp Bizkit

I actually like this remake version better than the original Behind Blue Eyes. I've heard both, but I had heard LB's version first. It's not a bad change from their usual more semi-hard music. The only part I don't like is towards the end where the music changes up a bit and they start spelling out their name instead of singing before they do the last verse.

Why Don't You Love Me - Beyoncé

I don't have a clue why the hell this isn't on the standard edition album, instead of say Ego, Hello, or Video Phone. It's one of the strongest songs on the Sasha Fierce disk, up there with Single Ladies, Diva and Sweet Dreams. It sounds like it would have been perfect on her B'day Album, but it doesn't detract from it's brilliance. I'd love it if it got released as a single, it's fantastic.

Running up that Hill- Placebo.

I'm listening to it because I'm making a FFX AMV to it. I really like the sound, and the lyrics have so much meaning to them. I love the song. I really don't have anything bad to say about it.

Last edited:
Soul Survivor ~ by Young Jeezy & Akon

The Thought of Survivor ending had me thinking of playing this song since I had not heard it in a while. Actually, the last time I think I heard this song was when I went to go see the New York Jets take on the San Diego Chargers in New Jersey about 3-4 years ago. Ahhhh, I walked into the Stadium, saw LaDainian Tomlinson, my favorite NFL player warming up with the rest of the Chargers on the field. This song was playing. Definitely pumped me up and the Chargers ended up winning! :busta:

The Beginning Is The End Is The Beginning - Smashing Pumpkins
First heard this song well watching the trailer for Watchmen. I instantly had to download it just because the song got me so pumped up to want to see the movie. The song goes really well with the trailer. Its a long slowish song but really one of my favourites recently.

Song Trailer:

Untouchable - Girls Aloud

I love this song. I hated it at first when I casually listened to their album, but when it was announced as their next single, I took another listen to it and loved it. It's really great that they're using Nicola in this song, with far less Cheryl. Kimberly remains criminally-underused though, and I would have liked to hear a little more of Nadine, but that's only because I'm biased towards her xD

Sooner or Later ~ by Breaking Benjamin

Probably my favorite song off of their We Are Not Alone album, and one of my favorites overall by them. It's my alarm song now for mornings. I actually used to hate it and skip the song when I first got the CD, but after listening to it through, gotta say I love it.

The Offspring - You're Gonna Go Far Kid.

Ever since I put 'You're Gonna Go Far Kid' in our Survivor Video I've been listening to it constantly. >_<

It has such a good beat and the guy can sing really well. =D

10/10

------------

Original Prankster ~ by The Offspring

Another new song I found today. Was watching the music vids on YouTube which makes the song make more sense. A pretty cool flow to it and classic Offspring in the song. Basically a guy who in any circumstance is looking to try to be the class clown which eventually gets him more into trouble. Pretty entertaining.

A new song? =0 You've never heard of it before? =0 I love that song. >_< I'm a pretty big fan of The Offspring and own all their albums. =P

------------

Running up that Hill- Placebo.

I'm listening to it because I'm making a FFX AMV to it. I really like the sound, and the lyrics have so much meaning to them. I love the song. I really don't have anything bad to say about it.

I made an AMV to that exact song not long ago. =D It's one of Placebo's best and it isn't even an original of theirs. >_<

I first heard it on the first episode of Season 4 of The O.C.

Last edited:
Upside - James 10/10

Ugh, can't. stop. listening to it :gasp:

Everything about it is just brilliant, it's my favourite song off the new album, love the music, thelyrics are great and its one of those I could just listen to over and ovre but I must resist because Il just end up ruining it for myself D:

Blind - Placebo
If I have one problem with this song it's that it sounds quite similar to the rest of the album. Heavy guitar riff and downbeat vocals. Although their songs normally sound better when following this formula. Nice vocals especially on the chorus and as normal good lyrics.

Hold Me - Fleetwood Mac

Christine McVie is unique, every song that she sings lead on sounds fantastic - and a lot of Fleetwood Mac's hits - Don't Stop, Little Lies, Songbird - are written by her. Hold Me is quite fantastic - one of my favourite Fleetwood Mac songs not to feature Stevie Nicks, Christine McVie sings lead on this song, with Lindsey Buckingham joining in on the chorus. McVie's songs show how vital she is to Fleetwood Mac, as the Say You Will album sounded like two solo albums blended together, with Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham having like ten tracks each. And while Stevie and Lindsey are great singers, McVie adds a special something to the table, such as songs like Hold me.

Oasis - Some Might Say
I think it is a pretty good, easy listening song. It has a pretty upbeat, positive sound to it and I really like the chords which are used. I have been listening to this song a fair bit lately as it has been stuck in my head over the past few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back