[V4] What Are You Currently Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cold - Send in the Clowns

Scooter Ward is godly with lyrics in this former band which actually just got back together for a tour which in my opinion will be a short lived reunion. Cold is amazing, sometimes a little emo, but otherwise amazing band. Dark music, but has a sickly good harsh voice behind it.

Getting Away With It (All messed up) - James 10/10

Im going through a James phase atm, this is another favourite of mine, easily one of their best songs ever. I love the lyrics, and it just sounds so upbeat and makes me wanna turn it up right loud and jump around like a loon, it's a good summer song I think :awesome:

Artist: Emi
Track: Anima Libera. Italian for "Free Spirit".
Reason: He's singing about being free and living life your way. Which is quite touchy. And since it's sung in Italian the song is all in all a lot more catchy and fun to listen to. Not to mention it calms me down in tensed situations. I simply love it!

YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eroc6ad9qq0

Last edited:
Gypsy - Fleetwood Mac

I found out that this song is quite autobiographical for Stevie Nicks, and once learning that, it adds a lot more meaning to this song. It's a catchy song, and Stevie Nicks sings it really well. It's one of my favourites from the Mirage album.

That's Why I Go To School ~ by Busted

Listened to the lyrics for the first time the other day and I realized he was talking about his teacher who he in love with when he mentioned she was like 33 or 34 or something. Really don't like the song all that much, but had to give it a go for the lyrics to get it straightened out.

Testify - RATM
Quite a heavy sound with plenty of drum and bass. Tom Morello plays the guitar brilliantly and unusually which gives it an unique sound. The vocals are all up in your grill yo, but powerful anyway.

Ai Otsuka - Planetarium.
One of Ai's best songs I would say. Catchy and full of feelings. It is one of my personal favorites and it has a great tune as well.

Under Attack - ABBA

Their last album was such a departure from their previous albums, but in a good way. I think Under Attack is just as good as, say, Mamma Mia, or Knowing Me Knowing You. Agnetha's voice sounds great in it, and it's distinctively ABBA. Always worth keeping on if shuffle puts it on.

Stitches - The Dykeenies

I've been to see them twice now and, each time, this song alone causes a few blood vessels to explode in the throat. You can feel the passion just oozing out of it, especially come the chorus, and it's quite easy to lose yourself in the song. Definitely one of their best - looking forward to T in the Paaaaaaark ;)

Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas

It's pretty much a sensational song, quite easy to get a jiggy on to it. I'm not to keen on the first few seconds of it since it's not brilliant but from then on it's great and Fergie's singing in it is sensational! :awesome:

Born of a Broken Man - RATM
It starts off with a saddish and down beat sound, then the the drums start as do the guitar and the bass and it sounds epic. Then it goes quiet and Zack de la Rocha sings then back to the loud awesomeness for the chorus then soft then loud. Plus one epic guitar solo.

Dani California - Red Hot Chili Peppers
A great song from the Chili Peppers. This song is one of my favourites. I love the lead singers voice and just the beat of the song gets me going. I listen to this song a lot well working out to keep me motivated.

Never Again - Kelly Clarkson

I love this song. It's so different from her usual stuff, but different in a majorly good way. The anger and emotion in her voice is evident, and it has a great chorus. The music video for the song is also pretty great, with Clarkson looking hot.

Hip to be Square - Huey Lewis & The News >.>

Busta and I watched American Psycho tonight... so it kinda got stuck in my head. Good song, if not a little corny. I like Huey Lewis though. He should never be confused with Bruce Springsteen. Hey Paul!

Tears Don't Fall ~ by Bullet for My Valentine

Wasn't sure I'd like this song at first when I heard it, but it's honestly one of my my favorite BfmV songs now. It starts off hard, verses get slow, the pick up and slow down again for the chorus. The words to the chorus have got to be the best. I usually hate music with screaming in it so I thought I'd hate their music, but like I said, this one's definitely a top one for me.

The Panic - The Dykeenies.

Definitely back in to them and this song's one of the reasons why. I recently discovered it's actually about an STD and, once you know that, the lyrics mean something totally different. xD

You can just let yourself go with this song.

Song: I Can't Dance - Genesis

Oh Phil Collins oldie... haha. This song was a dang classic to be honest. This song cracked me up when I was a weeee little guy.

Lily Allen - Not Fair :wacky:

I'm not a massive fan of her in general but I heard this on telly the other night and it's been clawing at my head ever since, most notably due to the lyrics, which appear to be referencing premature ejaculation. xD

Seven Wonders - Fleetwood Mac

One of my favourites from the Tango in the Night album. It's quite simple, and it's oh-so-catchy. It's quite different from most Fleetwood Mac songs, as Stevie Nicks sings over the chorus, instead of signing along with it. So it shows off the power in her voice.

Kevin Rudolf - Shooting Star

I'm loving Kevin Rudolf at the moment. He's freakin' awesome. I love listening to him in the car on the way to work. I feel fully pumped after listening to him even when I'm really tired and start early every day. >_<

10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back