[V4] What Are You Currently Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh Huh ~ by Trey Songz & T.I.

Found this song when trying to download songs to burn for T.I.'s latest album "Paper Trails". This song wasn't on the CD, but I dl'd it anyway and it's pretty sweet. Trey Songz is usually strictly R&B but he kicks up the chorus a bit and then with T.I. comin' in on verse 3, it's pretty good.

Storms - Fleetwood Mac

I found out that this song is supposed to be about Stevie's relationship with Lindsey Buckingham, and it totally makes sense. The sadness in her voice when she sings, and the emotion in the song make it truly amazing. I'm normally not a fan of slow songs unless it has a big "moment" but this song is an exception.

Song: Light From Above
Album: Light From Above
Band: Black Tide

Been listening to the whole album lately, really good, but I would say Light From Above is my fav.
The increadable thing about this band is that the singer is only 16 (born. November 7th 1992.)
Really recommend it to any Metal-fans out there :)

Artist: Nightwish
Song: Bye Bye Beautiful
Comment: I am actually quite fond of this song since it represents one of the chapters of my past. I actually dedicated this song to a person who used to be very deer to me...
Lyric
Finally the hills are without eyes
They are tired of painting a dead man's face red
With their own blood

They used to love having so much to lose
Blink your eyes just once and see everything in ruins

Did you ever hear what I told you?
Did you ever read what I wrote you?
Did you ever listen to what we played?
Did you ever let in what the world said?
Did we get this far just to feel your hate?
Did we play to become only pawns in the game?
How blind can you be, don't you see?
You chose the long road, but we'll be waiting

Bye, bye, beautiful!
Bye, bye, beautiful!

Jacob's ghost for the girl in white
Blindfold for the blind
Dead Siblings walking the dying earth

Noose around a choking heart
Eternity torn apart
So toll now the funeral bells

"I need to die to feel alive!"

Did you ever let in what the world said?
How blind can you be, don't you see?
You chose the long road, but we'll be waiting

Bye, bye, beautiful!
Bye, bye, beautiful!
Bye, bye, beautiful!
Bye, bye, beautiful!

It’s not the tree that forsakes the flower
But the flower that forsakes the tree
Someday I’ll learn to love these scars
Still fresh from the red-hot blade of your words

...How blind can you be, don’t you see...(x3)
...that the gambler lost all he does not have...

Did you ever let in what the words said?
How blind can you be, don’t you see?
You chose the long road but we’ll be waiting

Bye bye, beautiful
Bye bye, beautiful
Bye bye, beautiful
bye bye bye bye

Perfect System - Oingo Boingo

One of the most underrated bands of the 80's, which doesn't say much for me since I'm not a great fan of 80's music. Still, they are an awesome band and this song sums up their sayrical humour perfectly, the lyrics are laced with sarcasm and fit the bill perfectly for the political situation that was ongoing at the time.

Shallow Bay ~ Breaking Benjamin

Probably have this listed somewhere already in here, but it's one of my favorite songs of their from their first CD titled "Saturate". It's probably my favorite of their 3 latest CD's, and it's the one I definitely listen to the most. Great song.

Song: Hey God
Album: These Days
Artist: Bon Jovi

I love this song, like pretty much all of their stuff. And it's the classic arguement against God's existence....there's so much crap going on in the world, and where's God and what's s/he doing? It's a brilliant song.

And I might have to join Bakaruben (above somewhere in this thread) with listening to Black Tide in a second. I'd recomend them to any metal fan who cares to read this. BLACK TIDE!!!!

But for now, Bon Jovi :D

305 (3-oh-5) Anthem ~ by Pitbull

Heard this song from my friend Matt years back in my Freshman year of college. It's a rapper who's half Cuban I think who lives in Miami. I really don't like most of his songs because he throws in so much Spanish it's hard to understand, but this songs a pumper-upper.

Rhiannon Live Demo 1974 - Buckingham-Nicks

Very interesting choice of lyrics in this version. The word in the later version has always been lover, yet in the demo it's master. So the song goes "And who will be her master?" very interesting choice of words, at least in my opinion. Especially considering the relationship that Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks had.

It's nice to hear the rough version too. While it's good, it makes me appreciate the final cuts more. xD

Hanzel und Gretyl - Third Reich from the Sun

What more do you need to know from the title? Really the song is just meant to be a bit of fun but apparantly Germany weren't so keen on the joke...
I actually think it's a genuinely good tune as well as having comic value!

Post Blue - Placebo
It's got quite a unique sound, with the guitar, bass and drums and synthesizer creating a slightly unusual sound. The vocals go well with the beat and the lyrics range from different drugs to love, suggesting that heroin gives a feeling like being loved. Who knows really.

Stay Away - The Honorary Title
Really great song. I got into the honorary title about a year ago and this is by far my favourite song by them. It's definitley one of my most played songs and i always get pumped up well i listen to it.

I can't get the song...

Dirty Little Secret ~ by All-American Rejects

...outta my head and I HATE that song! I give it a 0/10. I have no idea why it's in my head and I literally have not heard it in over 3 years. It sucks big time and I'm not even listening to it. It's one of the worst damn songs ever too.

Pop That Pussy - 2 Live Crew

>.> Busta had me watch My Best Friend's Girl last night with Dane Cook. I can't get the fucking song out of my head. I almost started singing the lyrics while I was at my grandparents retirement home today. That would have been freaking weird...

California Dreaming - The Mama's And The Papa's

It's such a relaxing and calming song. It sounds better on my Ipod though, with the male singers in one ear and the female singers in the other. It's a nice little song, and doesn't really get old.

Stricken ~ by Disturbed

Not really a fan of their music, maybe some here and there, but i heard this this song earlier today so I dl'd it for my iPod today and played it a few more times. I think it's off of one of their older albums which I live better anyway.

Jeremy - Pearl Jam
I don't really like Pearl Jam, at all. But I like this song, about a kid, Jeremy, who gets bullied at school then goes to his school and shoots himself. The thing I like most about this song is Eddie Vedder's vocals, because without them the song would not be anywhere near as a good imo.

Natalie Bassingthwaighte- Alive

I really liked this song when it first came out. I didn't hear it for a while until just the other day at work. Ever since then I've had it stuck in my head. XD

It's such an addictive song. Even one of my workmates started singing it and said to me, "Why the hell am I singing this song?"

I'm like, "It was playing a few minutes ago." XD

10/10

Silver Springs - Fleetwood Mac

I can fully understand why Stevie Nicks got so pissed off that this song was left off the Rumours album in favour of I Don't Want To Know. It's a beautiful song, and she puts so much emotion into it. It's the far superior song to I Don't Want To Know. It's interesting to hear yet another song about the Buckingham-Nicks breakup too, but again, Stevie's being the positive one, not resorting to the anger in Buckingham's Go Your Own Way.

Whatever You Like - T.I.
Great song. A fairly new song by T.I. and definitley in my opinon is one of his best. Compared to his other songs, which i also like, this one just sticks out more then the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back