[V4] What Are You Currently Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything burns - Ben Moody and Anastacia
is on the radio right now
smile.gif

Everything burns - Ben Moody and Anastacia
is on the radio right now
smile.gif

Please pay attention to the first post, and follow it's guidelines -

In this thread, please state the title and artist of the song to which you are currently listening. It is not necessary to include a rating but it will be necessary to include an explanation of why you enjoy listening to that/those particular song(s).

Anyway.

In For The Kill - La Roux

I'm still deciding whether or not I like this song. There's something listen-friendly about it, but the girls voice grates on me, and it's lyrics are quite stupid "full stops and exclamation marks!" I'm undecided. Trying to work out whether I like it, or find it irritating and want to delete it >_>

Although, they remind me of a modern-day update of the Eurythmics.

Kirisute Gomen by Trivium. It's a great song with an insane drum line. Though the lyrics are pretty obscene I enjoy its defiant feel. "We'll take their ****ing heads!"

Hymn to the Immortal Wind - Mono

It doesn't hugely deviate from the template they've eastablished on previous albums, but what it does it does very well. Sweeping instrumental music, some gorgeous use of strings and terrific crescendos. And like their last album it's achingly sad.

Oh Diane - Fleetwood Mac

At just over 2 and a half minutes, it's one of their shortest songs on my PC, but that doesn't detract from its quality. I think it's a great little song, very catchy, very easy-listening, and it has that distinct Fleetwood Mac sound. It's also my first Lindsey Buckingham-led song where the lyrics aren't totally depressing - and it sounds so good because of it!

P!nk - Cuz' I Can

I love this song. I didn't even realise it was on her 'I'm Not Dead' album, which I had. XD

I was so happy my computer randomly selected it on my playlist last night. Made my night that did! Such a beaty song and really gets the adrenaline pumping! :gasp:

How soon is now - The Smiths
It's as depressing as only the smiths know how to be. But I like it, and it's up there with Meat is Murder in terms of being a feel good song. It's supposedly about being shy which is an allegory for the gay manchester club scene, or something. And the guitar sounds fantastic.

Bach's cello symphony in D minor

Please attempt to follow the guidelines posted in the first post, which generally discourage this sort of post ^^

Anyway.

Turn off the light - Nelly Furtado

It's all fairly hit-or-miss for me, when it comes to Nelly Furtado. Some songs she sounds fantastic on, while on others she just sucks. This song is one of the better ones, I think it suits her voice perfectly, it's catchy, it's fun and it's a really great song to sing along to :lol:

I, Motherfucker (Ted Bundy) by Church of Misery

Yeah I'm listening to Japanese doom metal about serial killers first thing in the morning. But its good. so so sooooo good.

Please attempt to follow the guidelines posted in the first post, which generally discourage this sort of post ^^

My apologies I thought it was similar to the old 'what are you listening to threads'

Bach Cello Suit Symphony 9 In D minor

My favourite of Bach's cello suits, It starts with a wonderful loud 'umph' which gradually dies down into a more temperate rhythm, all Bach's cello pieces convey a huge amount of emotion but this piece in particular covers a wide range of emotional content.

This being my favourite of Bach's pieces, I listen to it all the time especially when I'm studying or working

Streetcar - Funeral For A Friend

A lot of people that I know consider these guys to be metal. However, they are usually proved wrong when the listen to this song though. It is really melodic and it has a cool backing riff during the chorus. =)

Asleep - The Smiths
Another cheery song about suicide. About how death is preferable to life. That being said, it's a melodic and beautiful song. It's incredibly sad, but it's wonderful how well it captures the emotions.

Paul Young - Wherever I Lay My Hat

To be honest, it's the only song I've ever heard from him, but I heard it the other week on the radio when we were driving into Middlesbrough town centre, I like the lyrics, it's quite a sad song...it basically says "I shag you. I leave. You deserve better", that type of song >.>

Virtual Death by Black Sabbath

I was just reading Joe Hasselvander's blog entries about his time in Cathedral when they opened for Black Sabbath on their Cross Purposes tour. Reading it made me want to revisit the album :)

Sisters of the moon - Fleetwood Mac

Although Stevie Nicks only has 5 of the 20 tracks on Tusk, they're all fantastic. Sisters of the moon is just as enchanting and creepy as Rumours' Gold Dust Woman, but it has the power similar to Stevie Nicks' signature song Rhiannon. It's a great song, one of her best on the Tusk album.

Little by Little - Oasis
This has one of the catchiest chorus' that they've ever written; it's one of those songs that goes round and round my head for days. I like the drumming too.

Me Without You - Deviant UK

Deviant UK are an amazing industrial / ebm band (I suck at knowing genres, but that is what I am told) with a great british sound. I saw them live last year and Deviant Jay puts on a great act with his scary eyes staring people down. This is one of my favourite songs on their debut album "Barbed Wire Star", an album which is continuing to grow on me and I can't wait until their next one.

Emergency Room - Mario Ft. Rihanna

The beginning of the song is epic. The lyrics are good, this version is better than the Akon Ft. Rihanna version. The only thing is that it's only a demo so Rihanna isn't actually in it, although the person who is sounds a LOT like her >.>
Great song. 8D

This Is Halloween - Panic! At The Disco.

131 plays :D
Mod edit: Can you please put more effort into your posts please? What you like about the song etc. Thank you =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back