[V4] What Are You Currently Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Blitz! - Yeah Yeah Yeahs!

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs take a trip into more electro-influenced territory, with pretty positive results. It starts off with two immense songs in Zero and Heads Will Roll as well, which stomp all over most stuff I've heard this year so far. But the slower songs work well too, heirs to Maps off their debut album.

My Way - Frank Sinatra and Pavarotti

I'm not a big fan of either Sinatra or Pavarotti, but this is immense just because both of them are such talented singers. They complement each other so well, and there's something about having two greats singing a song together that makes it so remarkable.

Rhiannon (live 1976) - Fleetwood Mac

My favourite live performance of this song ever, before Stevie's voice got messed up from all the drugs, and before they messed around with the arrangement. I love Rhiannon at this tempo and I love the power in Stevie's voice. If you compare the live performances of Rhiannon to the live performances in the mid 70s, it's like two completely different songs, with the mid 70s version being by far superior.

Keeping you alive - The Gossip

I love it. Compare this to Standing In The Way Of Control, and you really understand how different Beth Ditto's voice can be. It's really restrained on this song, as there are no moment where she just seems to "let loose" but it's a catchy song, and it's been stuck in my head all week.

TXYQ (approx. band name, can't remember)- Share the World

one piece's newest opening. loved it while other people i know hated it because they thought it was too emo-ish.

All alone again by Yuna Ito. All alone again is such a good song I just love it so much and I listen to it when I get hated by some people on here and it makes me feel right better. Its a really soothing song in my opinion. Its that time All Alone Again!!!

Teairra Mari ft. Flo Rida - Cause a Scene

It's got quite an epic beat to it like most RnB songs seem to do at the moment D:, both singers are vocally great in it, the lyrics are pretty and overall the song is pretty sorted :)

Cat and Mouse - by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.

Just love the song, and the lyrics are awesome. ^^

Tinchy Stryder Ft N-dubz Number 1

this is number 1 in the Uk right Now and the Song is called Number 1 how Amazing is that :D

I Like Tinchy stryder but not so keen on n-dubz

Last edited:
Lionel Richie ft. Akon - Nothing Left To Give

You can't beat a bit of Lionel :awesome:, I like the song more than his old songs but I think that's because he's adapted it to fit with how Akon works. The beat is well addictive and carries a Caribbean type feel of it, the lyrics are nice and easy to listen to and they're both vocally strong.

:awesome:

Urban Mermaid Yuna Ito. This song is absolutely beautiful and it just brings alot of happiness. I love this song so much. Yuna Ito looks so beautiful in the music video of urban mermaid. Yes she is a beautiful Mermaid!!! This song just fills me with emotions.

I'm (as usual) listening to a few songs atm, namely the entire No World For Tomorrow album by Coheed And Cambria. :monster:
I find that one epic album tbqh >_>
the last five songs are as chapters (ish) too, they're I- The Fall Of House Atlantic, II- Radio Bye Bye, III - The End Complete, IV- The Road And The Damned, V- On The Brink.
(like you care <_<)
but i've been raping The Suffering, off one of their earlier albums (Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1 From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness to be exact >_>)
But anyway yeah, i've basically been raping Coheed And Cambria a lot, they are teh assumness :awesome:
I've been listening to The Suffering for 5 hours straight and it's embedding into my brain slowly... but I don't care. :awesome:

Pot Kettle Black - Tilly and the Wall

It's a great song, very very catchy hook and backing music. I think it's great that their drummer isn't really a drummer, but a tap dancer. xD It's a very passionate song, with a lot of anger and venom in it, but very very catchy. Great song.

Keri Hilson Ft. Kanye West & Ne-Yo - Knock You Down

My new bumming song :awesome:, the lyrics are epic, especially Ne-Yo's part of the song and I love the way the 3 of them manage to get the vocals spot on and intertwine, I'm not a big fan of Kanye but he's part is rather grand. :gasp:

Love Will Tear us Apart - Joy Division

The music contradicts the lyrics, because the music is happyish and upbeat, whilst the lyrics are about the slow break up of Ian Curtis' marriage. It's probably Joy Division's best known song, and has some of the best lyrics, but the sound doesn't really fit the song imo, especially compared to New Dawn Fades, or The Eternal.

Rooms On Fire - Stevie Nicks

I've heard nothing but good things about this song, and it's so lived up to the hype. xD It's a great song, full of energy and a really catchy chorus. Stevie Nicks at her best here, her voice doesn't sound too nasally either, which is always good.

Silver and Cold - AFI

Haven't really been much into AFI until recently. Not really a fan of very many of there songs other then this one. I really like the quiet opening of it sounding like a car driving in the thunderstorm. The song has a great chorus, which is the only main thing i like about the song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back