[V4] What Are You Currently Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elliott Yamin - Wait For You

This is an absolute gem of a song, his voice is simply astonishing imo and the way he sings the song is through 100% emotion, he really seems to put every thing into it. The lyrics are also amazing and definitely suit the overall tone of the song. Sensational!

Rage Against The Machine - Township Rebellion

This used to be the only song on the self titled RATM album that I didn't love. But after listening to it properly a few times and watching a few live performances of this song on Youtube, I've grown quite fond of it. I particularly like the breakdown towards the end of the song. Morello's solo has a different feel to it in comparison to some of his other solos, it has a more upbeat feel to it and I find it interesting to listen to.

Gold Dust Woman - Fleetwood Mac

I might as well just stick this song on repeat, I've listened to it that many times today. x_x It's completely entrancing, I love the music, Stevie's voice and the lyrics in particular. I love how it goes from an attack on her own cocaine use "take your silver spoon, and dig your grave" to an attack on her Ex-Boyfriend "Lousy lovers pick their prey" It's a great song, one of my favourites from the Rumours album, along with Silver Springs and Dreams - coincidentally, all three are Stevie songs.

Ghost of You-My Chemical Romance

I used to be fan way back in like 2002-2003-ish and went off them for awhile. I just recently started listening to them again and I forgot how much I really love listening to some of their songs. This song in particular is one that has always really gripped at me the most. I can remember the music video is based on WWII times and how the lead singer's brother gets shot and killed in the video. Part of the lyrics "At the end of the world or the last thing I see you are never coming home, never coming home. Could I? Should I? And all the things that you never ever told me, and all the smiles that are ever gonna haunt me." That's part of the chorus and really speaks of the tragedy that the person lost is never ever coming back, all the things they wanted to tell each other, etc...Speaks very well of feelings between two people, one that has died and the other still living. One who's experienced such things can relate.

U2 - Origins of the Species

Excellent song, although it makes me a little sleepy it has good lyrics. The rhythm is mesmerizing though. Good ole Bonno.

Flo Rida - You Spin My Head Right Round

It is freakin' spinning my head right round at the moment. XD I can't get this song out of my head. Every time I sit down at my desk and start to do my work, the lyrics start to come out of my mouth! XD

It gets annoying though and I'm scared I'll ruin the song for myself. <_<

10/10

Poker Face - Lady GaGa

I'm in the mood for dancy happy music, and Poker Face wins every time. I really should be sick of it by now, since it's everywhere, but I love it. Whenever it comes on the radio I just crank it up. It's a perfect slice of electro-pop, it really is xD

There is a light that never goes out - The Smiths
It's one of the more 'poppy' smiths songs. However they lyrics are quite definitely Morrissey's. In an upbeat song, he still sings about death, instead of the cliched I love you so much etc etc, you get if a double decker bus crahses into us, to die by yourside, is such a heavenly way to die. There's also the slightly outlandish language which is used in this charming man. It's not one of Marr's best riffs especially compared to How soon is now, the music complements the lyrics and the feel of the song really well.

Safe and Sound- Kyosuke Himuro feat. Gerard Way

This is the new song for the ending of Advent Children Complete. Despite the fact that Kyosuke is a Japanese artist, he does the full thing in english with Gee. This song is amazing, it's very catchy and the lyrics have pretty decent meaning that I think relates to Cloud and events of FFVII in many ways. The video is damn incredible as well. (Plus Gee looked damned sexy :P) It was great to hear these two do a collab like this. Incredible work, IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5I7m_t3hZ4

I am currently listening to Precious by Yuna Ito. This song is very soothing and its great to listen to anyday. I love her voice in Precious although she is very good in the other songs too. This song makes you think about memories from the past for some reason. Maybe not you guys but me yes.

Song 2 - Blur
Been in a bit of a Blur mood for the last couple of days, and this is arguably their best. The only falling point it has is that it's only 2 minutes long. D:

Beautiful Child - Fleetwood Mac

I've only really listened to this song tonight, and it's a really beautiful song. It's a very passionate and emotional song, and the quietness of the backing instruments makes the vocals really noticeable, to great effect. Beautiful song.

Song 2 - Blur

I was listening to that song all night last night! :gasp:

It's awesome!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flo Rida - Low

Shawty had them Apple Bottom jeans, jeans
Boots with the fur, with the fur

Man this song is addictive. XD

Lovin' Flo Rida at the moment. Usually I'm not into this style of music, but the beat and the lyrics in his music are awesome!

10/10

Guns N Roses - Sweet Child of mine

It's been ages since I've listened to this song, but it's definitely a masterpiece. I really love the solo, it's one of those solo's that you just remember, it's very melodic and has a lot of variety to it.

If I Sing Softly by Gillan

A great ballad by the solo band of one of the greatest rock singers of all time. I don't understand how such a popular and influential singer like Ian Gillan (Deep Purple) can have such a, relatively, low profile solo career. The stuff he released with the band simply called "Gillan" was absolutely fantastic. Kinda like a more experimental and unhinged version of Deep Purple.

She Loves You - The Beatles
I like the song quite a bit, I don't think it's one of their best, but it was a huge song. It's quite a poppy song, and very upbeat. It's got an almost infectious happiness. The chorus is different from other ones, with Lennon and McCartney singing most of it, and George Harrison going 'wooooooooo'

Palladio - Escala.

They've just released their debut album and I've bought this one song (I'm waiting on the whole album arriving from a competition I won) to tide me over. They've successfully produced the best version of Palladio in existence and the rest of the album ain't half bad, either. Get watching them on Britain's Got Talent tonight, guys!

Man In The Mirror - Michael Jackson

It's one of his best songs in my opinion and shows the reason that he's dubbed the king of pop. It really sounds like he puts a lot into it and to me it's one of his better songs for vocals, the lyrics are epic too! :monster:

Stevie nicks said:
Beautiful Child - Fleetwood Mac

I've only really listened to this song tonight, and it's a really beautiful song. It's a very passionate and emotional song, and the quietness of the backing instruments makes the vocals really noticeable, to great effect. Beautiful song.
Oh that's one of my favourite Stevie Nicks songs. It's so deep.. and she has a beautiful way with lyrics. I was just listening to that song this morning. :)

Anwyays. ^_^

Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song
Album: Led Zeppelin III (1970)

200px-Ledzeppeliniii.jpg

Just such a groovy song - the intro riff says it all. Gets you right into the beat from the get go. 10/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back