[V4] What Are You Currently Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Green Manalishi (live 1975) - Fleetwood Mac

I love what Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks do to this song, I really do. It sound so eerie when compared to most of Lindsey's stuff, and that whole weird groany thing Stevie does for the last minute or so of the song totally shouldn't work, but it does, and I can't stop listening to it :wacky:

Michael Jackson - Morphine

It's an odd song, but I guess anything's good if it's MJ :)

Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix - Phoenix

Like great guitar pop songs? Then listen to Phoenix. Their excellent song Too Young cropped up on the soundtrack to Lost in Translation and this new album of theirs is another fine addition to their career. They have a great eye for hooks and though they're not earth-shakingly original, they're very effective. Short, sharp and sweet.

I sound like a bloody advert there, that wasn't intended! XD

Blink 182 - Reckless Abandon

Man I love this song! XD

Tried hard to not get caught,
F*cked a chick in a parking lot.

Awesome group these guys are! Unlike some artists, you can actually understand what they're saying through song!

Some mumble and you literally need to look up the lyrics to see what the hell they were on about. <_<

Not these guys! They're lyrics are so true too. XD

10/10

The Saltwater Room - Owl City

Some people would eat me alive for listening to this genre...but Owl City is my only exception. It's a rainy Saturday afternoon on the weekend before summer vacation, and his songs put the joy of life into perspective, with a tiny hint of fairy dust. I'd say that's a good way to end the semester.

Last edited:
Jet - Look What You've Done

Emotional song. I think the only mellow song these guys have on the Get Born album. XD

I love it. Reminds me of the days where I would just sit there listening to sad songs, feeling sorry for myself after a guy would dump me. XD Now I just think how silly I was. >_<

10/10

Last edited:
I am currently listening to Hot N Cold by Katy Perry. This song is awesome :awesome: Oh Your Hot N Your Cold Your Yes and your No! 9 out of 10 for Hot N Cold.

Them Bones - Alice In Chains
It's one of their better songs from what is probably their best album, dirt. It starts off with a scream literally, then there's the superb bass and an amazinf riff which drives the song. There's a very good guitar solo too. It's one of the best grunge/metalish songs there are.

Fireflies - Fleetwood Mac

I love this song! It's only on their live album, but the quality is amazing, I don't think it would have sounded better in the studio anyway. It's a really upbeat, catchy song, but with a powerful meaning, I like how it's a song about all the members of the band, and I like the moments when Lindsey and Christine harmonize with Stevie, they're amazing together ^^

Liar - Henry Rollins Band

My friend told me that if he ever threw a party and wanted everyone to leave, he'd put this song on. It's a pretty bad song, but I can't help but listen to it over and over because I find it hilarious. Here's the video clip which is equally hilarious:

@ SaShman: he was right, that definitely tore my mind out.

Gravity - John Mayer

I think it's pretty self explanatory. Takes you to another world, and John is fabulous on the guitar. 5/5

BoA - Eat You Up

I'm listening to it for the third time round. I love the song, I love the video clip, I love BoA and it's as addictive as "Poker Face".
I also love the song by BoA called "I Did It For Love"
She's my second fav japanese/korean singer. After Utada, of course.

@ Laro: BoA is awesome.

Equilibrium - Jackie Boyz

Not my usual style, but it's catchy and the lyrics aren't that bad.

Marilyn Manson - You Spin Me Right Round

I can't get enough of this song lately. I keep listening to this version and Flo Rida's version. XD

Awesome beat and lyrics! I love listening to it in the car on the way to work in the morning! It wakes me up!

10/10

Guys, can I see a little more effort into posts please? Some of them are not far off one liners ^^; There are guidelines in the first post for a reason ^^

Planets of the Universe - Fleetwood Mac

I love the original version. As well as Stevie's voice sounding (obviously) better in the 1977 version than it does in the 2001 recording, the lyrics and style of the song are so rapidly different. I love this version, it's such a brilliantly harsh breakup song "I will never love again the way I love you/You will never rule again the way your ruled me" and where she tells him "Disappear through the air/I wish you gone/And I don't care" it sounds so bitter and angry, I love it.

Untouched - The Veronicas

Epic song is epic. It's also far too addictive, I mean it's quite easy to walk down the street going: "I'll see you through the loneliness of wanting more a-more more
Don't even think about what's right or wrong, or wrong or right" the vocals are fabulous and I love the violin playing, it's a really epic and addictive song! :gasp:

Let There Be Love - Oasis
One of the few songs that I really like from Don't Believe The Truth, but I think it's a brilliant one. It has all the classic Oasis traits to it - particularly the strength in lyrics.

The Chain - Fleetwood Mac

I heard the guitar solo on the BBC, for the F1 advert, so I had to listen to the whole song :wacky: Stevie, Lindsey and Christine harmonize so well, and the backing music is legendary. One of their strongest songs. Love it.

The Bitter End - Placebo
It's one of my favourite Placebo songs. It's also quite indicative of their sound, though that varies from album to album. It's a bit like some of the smith's pop songs. It's radio friendly, but it also has an element of darkness/alternative(ness)

Sum 41 - Fat Lip

Been watching American Pie and kinda got me into Sum 41 as well as Blink 182 again. XD

I kinda miss listening to teenage music. It kinda states in the lyrics what most young people are going through in highschool and such. It brings back awesome and sometimes disturbing memories. XD

8/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back