[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Agnes - On and On

Shame I don't have the UK version, so I'll have to settle with the original instead. It's not too bad a song, it's one of those sort of songs you go to the gym and play when you're on the treadmill or something. The song tends to repeat itself a bit too much, but it's consistent and good enough for me to listen to. Agnes' voice is amazing in this, as it is all the time in any other song.

9/10

Harvey Dnager - Flagpole Sitta

classic shit. I miss the 90's, when MTV actually had music videos. <_<

The Veronicas - 4ever

Wicked, clever little song. I like how it's in She's the Man, it fits that particular scene very well. I didn't realise it until I watched it again after the single was released over here. I'm surprised they're Australian twins with a taste for pop and rock, but that makes them more intriguing. Love the guitar solos here and there.

10/10

Energetic by BoA

This song is such an upbeat song full of beats that'll have you moving along the dancefloor like never before. But not only that, it also has a reptition of lyrics that make it so mesmerising. Honestly, BoA has a great voice overall, but with the techno-approach she took in her debut American/English album is quite amazing. In short, this song, the album---everything is great.

10/10

Maps - Yeah Yeah Yeahs

This song came on shuffle and I was instantly hooked. I can't believe I've ignored this song until now, it's so good. The music is really good, particularly the guitar, but Karen O delivers a really stunning vocal performance, full of emotion. I love the sparsity of the lyrics too, as that goes so well with the overall flow and mood of the song.

Dir en Grey- The Pledge

Dir en Grey is my all time favorite band. Usually they have a very dark and eerie sound to their music, you could call it a borderline demonic sound. The Pledge is somewhat more of just a very dramatic and mystic sounding song. It's one of my favorites of theirs, and the way it's done lets you know a lot of emotion is put behind the lyrics. I like songs that have a great deal of meaning, even if I don't know what that meaning is.

Led Zeppelin - The Rover
I love love love love love love the guitaring in this song. It's so-so-so sexy *fangirls* Page really does outdo himself time and time again. :ryan:

I love how Plant sings in this song, too. Physical Graffiti is definitely the album he sings best on... just amazing and so hard rock.

I just love this song in every way possible.

OK Go - White Knuckles

Not something that I could put on repeat but it's still a pretty good song. The video is something different though. :wacky:

You never get that taste,
Out of your mouth,
You never get the paw prints,
Out of the hen house now,
And you can't go back,
Same way you came,
Round all the pieces up,
But they just don't fit the same,

White knuckles,
Maybe it's not so bad,
So let your hair down now.
White knuckles,
Yeah maybe it's not so bad,
Aw go ahead and let it down.

So come and let it all out,
Let it bleed.
Did you get what you want?
Did you get what you need?
Behind the lines,
Behind the wall,
Tell me 'bout the bed you made,
Was it that bad afterall?

White knuckles,
Maybe it's not so bad,
So let your hair down now.
White knuckles,
Yeah maybe it's not so bad,
So let it all come down now.

So just how far,
Is far enough?
Everybody needs to sleep at night,
Everybody needs a crutch.
But couldn't good,
Be good enough?
Cause nothin' doesn't ever change,
But nothing changes much.

Yeah, maybe it's not so bad,
So let your hair down now,
White knuckles

Oh maybe it's not so bad
Then let it all come down now
Yeah maybe it's not so bad
Just let your hair come down now,
Oh maybe it's not so bad,
Just let it all come down.

6/10

Dave Matthews Band- "Don't Drink The Water"
Rating: infinity/10

This is the ultimate Columbus Day song, so I figured I'd listen to it today. I think it's one of DMB's most brilliant and stunningly bold pieces, and I love both the musical composition of the song and the awareness that its message creates. A lot of people forget that this sort of thing is still going on in some parts of the world, and that a lot of the problems we're experiencing in the world today have resulted from the "manifest destiny"/cultural supremacism attitude a lot of people throughout history were privy to. I can't recall whether I've posted the lyrics or not, but I don't think I have, so here they are, as well as the link (my Youtube embedding has not been working as of late :hmmm:):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psIuidkkLjI&ob=av2n

Come out, come out, no use in hiding
Come now, come now, can you not see?
There's no place here, what were you expecting?
No room for both, just room for me

So you will lay your arms down
Yes, I will call this home

Here's the hitch, your horse is leaning
Don't miss your boat, it's leaving now
And as you go, I will spread my wings
Yes, I will call this home

I have no time to justify to you
Fool, you're blind
Move aside for me

All I can say to you, my new neighbor,
Is you must move on, or I will bury you

Now as I rest my feet by this fire
Those hands once warmed here, but I have retired them
I can breathe my own air, and I can sleep more soundly
Upon these poor souls
I'll build heaven and call it home
'Cause you're all dead now

And I live with my justice
And I live with my greedy need
Oh, I live with no mercy
And I live with my frenzied feeding
I live with my hatred
And I live with my jealousy
Oh, I live with the notion
That I don't need anyone but me

Don't drink the water
Don't drink the water
There's blood in the water
Don't drink the water...

Lady Gaga - Monster

I LOVE this song, I can listen to it on repeat for hours. It's so fun and so fast. I love the high speed dance sound she gave this one. It just makes me want to get up and jump around. Also, her vocalizing is AMAZING in this song, she really did outdo herself. And I say that because sometimes she can be weird when singing songs, but she just sounds so POWERFUL in this song.

Also, it reminds me of Summer but Halloween at the same time.

This song is amazing!

10/10

Sonnet - The Verve
Another beautiful song from Richard Ashcroft. He was probably the greatest British songwriter of the 90s; he could write some incredible lyrics, even if they were pretty depressing.

Kelly Clarkson - Addicted

This is probably one of the standouts from Breakaway. She said she regrets releasing it as a single and I can see why, it's such a powerful track. When the chorus kicks in, I get chills down my spine. Kelly Clarkson can put so much emotion into any song and make it an instant hit. Her voice and the music in the background blend in well together. It's one of those songs I listen to when I'm looking for inspiration and it's fantastic.

10/10

Deep Purple - Don't Make Me Happy

A great blues track off of Abandon which is arguably the best Deep Purple album with Steve Morse on guitar. Most people tend to name Purpendicular as the best he's played on, but I think Abandon is a much more coherrent album with a much better production and a much better report between him and Jon Lord.

Number Five With A Bullet - Taking Back Sunday

I have my playlist on random :ryan: which is rare for me, and this came on. I haven't listened to Taking Back Sunday in ages, and it was good to hear this song again. I love quite a few of their songs, and this one is one of them!

Motoi Sakuraba--"Lake On Ymir" (Tales of Phantasia, GBA version) 10/10

This is a lovely and interesting piece of music I've gotten hooked on while playing this game :ryan: It's very "busy" and yet everything flows really smoothly in it. It has a bit of minor-chord epicness thrown into the middle of it, but then goes into a relaxing bit again, it's very pleasant to listen to with an attentive ear as well as just throwing it on in the background while doing something else, like I am now. Great song. If I remember correctly, Sakuraba also did the soundtrack for Star Ocean III, which was full of some great pieces too, though overall so far I actually like this soundtrack better :hmmm: And the newest remake of this song (Playstation I think? :hmmm:) is actually quite nice too, very good sound quality and an interesting remix.

GBA version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpYwtH1lJw4

Playstation version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0maJRr-E94

Trading Yesterday - Come Back To Me

It's a pretty sweet song, so beautiful. I love the frontman's voice, he's able to invoke the emotion into this just right. The guitar playing in the background blends in very well as well and I glad it's not too overproduced. It may be a breakup song, but I absolutely adore how soft and slow it is.

10/10

Through the Fire and Flames - Dragonforce

Though I don't really like the band all that much, this song is a different story. The unique beats from the sympathizer and the rock-age drums and guitars make for a great and unique combination. The lyrics are a bit meh to me, but the voice of the singer is great. Just wish this wasn't their only song that made them famous. :wacky:

8/10

Back