[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Cee Lo - Fuck You

I really enjoy this song. It's something you can definitely dance to and it's great to pass the time driving home from work. I've always been a fan of hip hop/funk/soul, so this is right up my alley.

Adam Lambert - If I had you.

I have got a reality television bug at the moment, was just browsing youtube and came across him and started watching his music videos, I love all his songs, they're all quite catchy. And he has an awesome voice.

Nujabes ft. Shing02 - Luv (Sic) Modal Soul Remix (10/10)

"Cos my beat plus your melody makes me speak of L.O.V.E. eloquently so evidently".

There's quite a few remixes of Luv (Sic), but I really love this version. Such a beautiful song and a flowing beat. The lyrics are just great too. I recommend both Nujabes and Shing02, both excellent artists. Such a shame that Nujabes passed away early this year.

XV- Incredible.
My favorite rapper, besides of course eminem. This guy has so much talent and has been out for years and is just now getting some recognition.

All American Rejects - I Wanna

A nice typical American band song and something to relax to. I love the guitar solo in this and the lyrics are quite repetitive, but addictive. I like the lead guy's voice, it really suits the band like this. Glad I heard this, it's been a good long since I heard it.

9/10

Running Away by Elliot Minor

I actually discovered this band by listening to Pandora on my phone. I listened to their other songs but didn't like much of the others. Really recommend this song though.

Don't Stop Now - The Maine

This song has a great tune. It's off their new album Black and White, and even though it hasn't been out too long, I haven't listened to it in a while, so it was good hearing it again. Was humming it at work all day, so I'm glad I'm able to blast it now that I'm home.

Hope for the Hopeless - A Fine Frenzy

The lyrics are pretty meaningful, this one. Not an easy song to sing along, but certainly one that is easy to listen to. Good for a soothing moment, if that's what you need... Or for moments where you're just feeling depressed, hopeless... For this song gives the Hope for the Hopeless XD

Counting Crows - Baby I'm a big star now

An absolutely amazing song by an amazing band, the stuff this band produces is incredible, and they look to be one of the most atmospheric bands live ever! I really want to see them one day, Adam Duritz (the singer) is my idol!

Holy Thunderforce - Rhapsody of Fire

Give this a listen. You will actually feel your energy level and personal sense of "FUCK YEAH!" skyrocket. Catchy, fast...well, thunderous I guess, and definitely NOT a song to listen to while driving.

I totally had to ratchet back the speed from 70 to 55 once while listening to this ^_^;

Mad World by Evergreen Terrence

I listened to the original because it was on the game Gears of War. The original is very good and the song also has very good lyrical meanings. This cover though I discovered on youtube. Don't listen to the cover if you don't like a little screamo.

Avril Lavigne - Don't Tell Me

Probably one of the better songs from Under My Skin. I love the rocky chorus and the theme of not liking the other half telling you what to do. Avril's a pretty good songwriter and singer. She's pretty clever and this is one of the more clever songs.

9/10

Feeling Sorry - Paramore

Song's been stuck in my head all day. Glad I got home so that I could listen to it on repeat. (Yes, I tend to put songs on repeat a lot) xD Love the lyrics and the catchy bridge is absolutely gorgeous. One of the best songs on Brand New Eyes.

Jason Walker - Down

A very beautiful song. First heard it at the end of an episode from Vampire Diaries season one, so I had the urge to download it immediately. His voice is so emotional and polished. I like the inclusion of the female voice, whoever it is, just for the pure fact that it feels like a relationship breaking down. It's sad, but so fantastic.

10/10

Cross My Heart - Marianas Trench

This band has some really fun songs. Rather rough with their way of saying things, but they're great. xD Such a fun band to listen to. I'm blasting this song, along with Shake Tramp, which is another great one. The lead singer just looks like a moron. Cracks me up though.

Best line: We go to sleep and then, you wake me up and kick me out of bed at 3AM. :wacky:

So here's another day I'll spend away from you
Another night, I'm on another broken avenue
My bag is ripped and worn but then again now so am I
Take what you wanna, take what you wanna, take what you

I miss the stupid things, we'd go to sleep and then
You'd wake me up and kick me out of bed at 3 a.m.
Pick up the phone and hear you saying dirty things to me
Do what you wanna, do what you wanna, do what you

Take me with you I'd start to miss you
Take me home I don't wanna be alone tonight

And I do want to show you I will run to you for you
'Til I can't stand on my own anymore
I cross my heart and hope to die
Cross my heart and hope to die
Cross my heart and hope to

Hotels are all the same, you're still away from me
Another day, another dollar that I'll never see
Can I get a piece of the piece of the, piece of something good
Lie just a little, lie just a little, lie just a

I wonder what you're doing, I wonder if you got it
I wonder how we used to ever go so long without it
And no matter where I go I'm coming back to you
Be where we oughta, be where we oughta, be where we

Take me with home I don't wanna be alone tonight

Take me home I don't wanna be alone tonight

Reinventing Robert Cohn by And Then There Were None

This band mixes rock and techno amazingly. I've listened to this so many times today that I believe its becoming a problem.

Can't get this song out of my head so been listening to it repeatedly for the last few hours. Nanasaki's my favourite heroine from Amagami SS, guess I'm mourning the end of her arc. ;-;

Last edited by a moderator:
Breakeven. The Script. I hear this song on the radio everyday and I just love it. But I never knew it was The Script who sang it. It is a sad song but I like singing it for some reason. Infact I have listened to it alot recently. I do not know why though >.> Beautiful song is beautiful 9/10. I really like the lyrics and it brings lots of memories to my mind..

:sad3:

Rachael Yamagata - Worn Me Down

I think the audio on this is okay. Not sure because I haven't got my speakers hooked up.

I love this song so much! I heard it in The O.C.

It plays in the scene where Seth sees Summer and Zack having lunch with Summer's father. He wanted to go and proclaim his love to her again and when he saw that he just left.

Then Marissa goes to try and find Ryan but sees him studying at school and having fun with the new girl in town.

She leaves and goes to the pier and then Seth rocks up and sits next to her and they're lonely together. So sad. =0

Very fitting song for this scene. Love it. <3

10/10

Birth By Sleep OST - Icing on the Cake

Now, I'm wondering where exactly in the game was this played. But I can't remember. Damn. But really, what a strange title.

Still, the music is extremely soothing. And I realized that I'm kinda in love with the song. It's the sort of calming, soothing, and melancholic sort. Perhaps a reason why I might like Square Enix soundtracks for a long long time to come.

Those guys are like just able to come up with amazing soundtracks to captivate the player in and out of the game. It's not something, I realize, that many games can pull off... Which also leads me on to the next realization that I liked all the soundtracks of the games I really liked...

Which I take to mean something. :\ Either way, the soundtrack from Birth By Sleep is epic! :D Ravings of a fan.

Back