[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Jordin Sparks - One Step At A Time

It's been too long since I heard this song and it's making me feel a little better, despite everything. I suppose you could say this has got a moral message with its song title and Jordin sings very well. It's not overproduced and is a natural song that a lot of people could relate to. It's quite pretty.

9/10

Rihanna (feat. Drake) - What'S My Name? [click to listen]

Another song by Rihanna I listened to recently that I found to be very cute. I made my friend listen to it with me yesterday and we actually made up a 'bisexual' version of the song, considering the original favors a guy, we thought we could make a version that directs attention to the boys and girls. But yes, this song is very catchy, and I listened to it yesterday many times in a row in celebration of my (almost) straight A's on my report card.

Plane Crash Dreams - Josh Farro & Hayley Williams

This song was apparently written by Josh Farro, the lead guitarist of Paramore. Not their usual style at all. It's actually very haunting, and dreading sounding (in a good way, I think) It's slow, and the lyrics sound deep and meaningful. It's nice to hear Josh sing more than backing vocals for once. :lew:

Hayley and Josh look great together, but they sound great together, too. :wacky: I'm a HayleyxJosh shipper. (facepalms at self)

Anyway, awesome song.

Michelle Branch - Goodbye to You

A very sad song, but she sings this perfectly. It's not too overproduced. The lyrics are so beautiful and emotional. It's the sort of the song you'd listen to whenever you're leaving a relationship or leaving anything you're emotionally attached to. It's sort of old, but I don't think I could ever get sick of.

10/10

Oasis- "Wonderwall" :ryan:

I love Oasis, and this is one of my favorites by them. I've always found their lyrics to be incredibly profound yet also straightforward, and when you tie the right words in with the right notes or chord changes like they do, it's pure magic. This one and "Don't Go Away," definitely two of my favorite songs ever. Also, when Charlie from Lost was playing this song on the street corner, it was a really interesting moment, because songs that I feel this way about rarely show up in TV/movies, and so it was interesting to see a parallel between the song itself, the way the song related to him as a character, and then my own interpretation of it :hmmm:

Tenacious D - Beelzeboss

Don't listen to the D that often, just now and then for a bit of a laugh.

Weirdly though I just started playing it in my head out of nowhere, I don't actually have any music on.

Michael Jackson - Thriller (click to listen)

As you all know, today is Halloween - and this is a commonly popular song to play on this holiday. Not only that, but it's still one of my favorite songs from Michael Jackson (rest in peace). They play it at our school often for our news show. Me and my mom listen to it all the time, and we even taught each other the dance. I won't be doing anything too special for Halloween today, but I will most likely have this song stuck in my head for the remainder of the day.

Muse - Undisclosed Desires

This is slowly becoming one of my favourites from them. It's got this eerie 80's sound to it during the chorus, which makes it even mre intriguing. The lyrics are pretty dark and deep. I love Matt's voice in this, it sends shivers down my spine during particular parts. Love this more now that I've given it so many plays.

10/10

Muse - Uprising [click to listen]

The first time I heard this song I had no idea it was from Muse. Before then, I had only liked one of their songs, but I actually enjoyed listening to this one because it seemed to fit how I naturally felt about today's society. That and it kind of makes you think about what the next generation will be like, how people will change, etc. So yeah, this song has the capability of making you reflect upon all of those things.

Rihanna - Te Amo

It's a nice relaxing song to be listening to when I'm as tired as I am. Like how she says te amo instead of what it means English, adds a little bit of edge to it. I really love the Latin take to it as opposed to her usual style. It's nice to see Rihanna taking a risk. Not entirely convinced with the lesbian thing, but it's a pretty song.

9/10

Yuko Takehara- "Nightmare" (Breath of Fire II OST)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAOOjOpFPdA

This song plays during one of the final dungeons, and very well sums up the feelings you get as you're going off to fight demons that are trying to lure the world into blindly worshipping them--it's creepy, evil, and epic :gasp: Not a particularly long track, I would rate it maybe a 9.5 based on that, but otherwise, it's probably one of the most sinister-sounding game tracks I've ever heard, and I love it :D Very good for the mood. I love this game and I really wish as long as they kept the soundtrack the same, that they would remake it on a new system, the story was way ahead of its time and it deserves to be a classic :ryan:

Paris Is Burning - Ladyhawke

This is a funky little song, I heard it in the pub the other night and I just started dancing along. The chorus is ridiculously catchy, and she has a decent voice. I like the music too, it's sorta a throwback to the 80s, but without the cheesy synths.

Katy Perry - Electric Feel (MGMT Cover) [click to listen]

I was looking at my friend's myspace profile 2 seconds ago and this came on playing on her randomized playlist. I do say it did seem melodic to me, another song to add on to my to-listen-to-when-need-quiet list. The original song by MGMT is good to, but this version is a quieter and more melodic type of song. I like it very much.

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers- "Don't Come Around Here No More"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0JvF9vpqx8
I was going through some old cassette tapes today, and I ran across Tom Petty :gasp: And I immediately (once my internet was working) ran to Youtube and looked up this song, which I could listen to over and over again, it's so awesome and I love the whole Alice in Wonderland thing in the video, it's hilarious :lew: I love this song because it's sort of ambient and unusual, it feels like the emotion is really being driven by the music itself rather than the lyrics, but then the lyrics are layered over it in sort of an abstract way...it's just pure win. Great stuff, 10/10, :ryan:

Passion Pit - Sleepy Head [click to listen]

I discovered this song yesterday as well, and let me just say that this song is a LOT more passionate than the title makes it sound. It's not a lullaby, if that's what you're wondering. It's like another one of those 'let's all come together and sing your heart out' tunes. I don't think I've ever heard anything like it, from what I've listened to so far, but yes, this song is clearly unique - and cute at that.

Muse - Undisclosed Desires

I'm really beginning to think this song is my little guilty pleasure. The lyrics are very strange, but effective, especially in the chorus. I love Matt's voice and the eerie music in the background. Makes me want to find more music like this. Even the title is catchy in itself.

10/10

The Black Mages - KURAYAMINOKUMO

Aside from the long-winded title, truly a pleasure to listen to. Catchy upbeat chorus, with great melodies and a kickass solo thrown in the mix.
Y'know, the usual BM fare.

Back