[V5] What are you currently listening to?

No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K-5SC4i1I4

This song is epic... such a great closing song on the album. The album itself is an epic masterpiece... one of the best albums of all time. Shows a girl can rock. If only she went back to this kind of music.

I love the dark theme this song has, all the clashing instruments are amazing!

End of All Hope - Nightwish. This song has such a epic feel to it, and as with other Nightwish songs, it appeals to my darker side... for some reason. The following is the song using footage from a movie which, for me, was epic in scale and story when I saw it for the first time in 1986:

THIS POST WAS GOOD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL GOOD ABOUT IT.

Well now that's got me in the mood for Nightwish...

Escapist - Nightwish

This song's something of a feel-good listen for me. When Dark Passion Play came out, Nightwish took a hit. I'm not talking about the Tarja/Anette debate. Don't even go there right now. I'm talking more about the fact that after more than ten years of whimsical/fantasy music, the entire album felt entirely too grounded in the band members' own lives. It was a good album, but incredibly down to earth for a band headed by a man with a mad-on for fantasy.

Escapist is a reassurance in sound and lyric. The mere feel of the song is lighter, faster, and has a sort of "flying" sound too it that nothing on Dark Passion Play had. It sounds like something that was lifted from the band's "Wishmaster" days.

Even the lyrics work along that line too. The repeated mentions of nightingales (I believe we saw that one mentioned back on the "Angels Fall First" album) as well as the following:

"That's me locked inside reality's maze
Come someone make my heavy heart light
Come undone
Bring me back to life"

Those lines as well seem to be a yearning for an escape from that down to earth/reality-based sound of Dark Passion Play and a return to the older style of the band.

To top that off; Tuomas himself has said he's setting up the next album to be more whimsical/fantasy-driven once more, so I think the fans have some good days ahead. :)

Beyond the Black by Metal Church

I've been on a bit of a Metal Church kick lately and this is as good an opening track to an album that you're ever going to hear. Great atmospheric intro before the band kicks into their brand of full throttle heavy fucking metal.

Airplanes / Brick by Boring Brick (Cover) - Justin Robinett & Michael Henry

These guys are fucking amazing. They make the most gorgeous covers, with a piano! o.o I fell in love with their covers, and I definitely have some on my iPod. :wacky: I won't say they're better than the original artists, but they're definitely the ones making the best covers out there. Holy shit.

This song is just another amazing rendition of two mixed songs. Very nicely done, and I'm just listening to it for the fourth time. xD

amory - tellison
finally got hold of their album after wanting it for about two years. pretty much a load more of the stuff i'd already heard. i still thikn hannover start clapping is their best though.

Whorses - Biffy Clyro

Great, great, great friggin' song! I love the chorus specifically. "Together we stand, we're at the bottom of the cove. It looked like rain, but it felt like snow. Because wherever we stand, we're at the bottom of the hole. We'll dig our way out, and we'll still say no!"

They're friggin awesome! I love this band so much. :ryan:

The Script - The Man Who Can't Be Moved

A very beautiful song from my favourite Irish band. I love Danny's voice, it's so soulful and emotional. Love the music in the background, it suits the mood of the lyrics. Still one of my favourite songs in the past few years, this is probably the best one that's come out from them so far.

10/10

Excellent song, Gwen Stefani has a fab voice :ryan:

Zombie - The Cranberries

Thank you Jess for sending me this. I'm hooked, it's such a fantastic song. I can totally see why people say Diana Vickers ripped her singing style off the lead singer here, but the lead singer of this band sounds so much better than Diana ever will. It's one of the few songs I've heard and instantly fell in love with, I've had it on repeat for a good few hours now, and I'm still not bored.

PNAU - Come Together [click to listen]

I actually ran into this by accident when I was looking for another song called 'Come Together' one day because I forgot what the band's name was called (it was some kind of Classic), but when I ran onto this song on Youtube, I completely forgot what I was originally looking for. It's a song everyone can listen to if you feel that people in society feel isolated with no one to look after them - physically or emotionally. It's a fun electronica song, but not the I'm-so-horny-take-your-shirt-of-and-give-me-a-show electronica. If you read the lyrics, it's totally the opposite.

At this very second I'm listening to CATALYST by LINKIN PARK
I've always listened to Linkin Park but I haven't
checked up on any of their new stuff until I heard this on the Medal Of Honor game.

Tifa's Theme - Final Fantasy VII Soundtrack

It just randomly came on to iTunes. :ryan: I love her melodic theme song. It suits her amazingly well. Just the whole feeling you get with it sounds like Tifa to me. Optimistic, and strong, but fragile and uncertain. A fighter and a lover, a friend and a great asset in battle. :ryan:

<3

Touch A Touch A Touch A Touch Me - Glee Cast

I love this song, it's so insanely catchy. They really should get the Emma character to sing more, she has a really good voice. It works so well on the episode though, because the whole scene just oozes sexual tension between Emma and Will, it's well acted and sung really well. I love how Santana and Brittany have little solo bits too :ryan:

Touch A Touch A Touch A Touch Me - Glee Cast

I love this song, it's so insanely catchy. They really should get the Emma character to sing more, she has a really good voice. It works so well on the episode though, because the whole scene just oozes sexual tension between Emma and Will, it's well acted and sung really well. I love how Santana and Brittany have little solo bits too :ryan:

... this. :hmph: Bastard.

I've been listening to it since Mark sent it to me, and I'm going to be singing it all night. It's so catchy and up beat... and just... awesome.

muuuuust watch the episode of Glee this was on, it's making me want to catch up with the freaking show. D=<

Rihanna - Only Girl (In The World) [click to listen]

I heard this song in a commercial advertising a new camera (forgot what it was), but I saw Rihanna in it and instantly knew that it was a song from her, but I didn't know what it was. But it was very catchy to me. I just searched her name in the music site I usually go on and it was the very first result. I can imagine it would be a song you'd use in a cheerleader or dance choreography. But I noticed a lot of people around here seem to have beef on Rihanna. I don't care much for her as a person, but I do like her music.

Dangerous Love - Racer X

First time I've heard it. It's actually a really good song. I can't fully understand what the singer is saying but that's cause his voice is kinda annoying. I guess that explains why their instrumental stuff is their best.

The Script- Nothing. Ever since I started listening to Breakeven I found this song along the way. I love this song for some reason. Really fun to sing also xD. I love the lyrics. Very sad song though :sad3: I was probably humming this today in the morning when I got out of bed xD. Also It needs to get out of my damn head..

Arctic Monkeys - Cigarette Smoker Fiona

goes well with my junkie setting, I suppose. I don't know, fuck i just like my music :rage:

酒歌 by 盧亮輝
' The Drinking Song' by Lu, Liang-Hui

A friend recently introduced this song to me... Which kinda re-ignited in me a 'classical fever'. I'm now going after all the classical pieces, both Chinese and Western. Now, back to this piece.

I've completely no idea what this piece actually signifies, though from listening to it, and the title, I'm expecting it's literally about... drinking wine. What I really like is that the tune is nice to listen to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwdngflql8E

Especially so towards the middle portion of the song. In my opinion, that part sounds like a drunkard walking back home after a night of drinking. The music is literally staggering at that portion, as if it were unable to go straight... Almost drunken.

Do try listening!

Back