[V5] What are you currently listening to?

Jem - Flying High

Came upon it while I was watching Sex Drive, I really only like the opening. The rest of the song's lyrics just feel contrived.

Cold Pillow - Theophilius London

This song is such a chilled out song. I like to just close my eyes and just think about random stuff, not really paying attention to it and let the soothing, ethereal tune wash over me. I actually really like the rap in this song as well and I'm not a huge fan of it usually.

:hmmm: Wow, what a hippy post. :wacky:

Dir en grey - Dozing Green (Live)

10/10

Live version from the gig two nights ago :ohoho:
I can't believe it's over already but I've got some videos and loads of others have videos as well so I can re-live it, sort of :ryan:
It was amazing :ryan:

Girls Aloud - Something Kinda Ooooh

It's probably not one of their best songs, but I still like it. In fact, I probably like most of the stuff they've done. It's highly addictive and the chorus is catchy, despite the fact it's repeated quite a lot. I like the part towards the end, where it gets a bit high on tension. All in all, a good song that I'd listen to every now and again.

9/10

Lady GaGa - Poker Face

Just Dance may have been a good song, but this one is just the best single she's EVER released. It's catchy, has a very raunchy theme and the production is just fantastic. Not to mention that GaGa's voice is quite breathtaking in the chorus. The video's quite classy, too, and the dance routine's really good to fit the song.

10/10

Cute is What We Aim For - Theres a class for this

My ex tried to get me into them and failed. But I was bored and thought why not give them a listen. And they are so-so. They arent the best band Ive been introduced to, but they defo arent the worse.

5/10

Reactions: Six
Paramore - Decode

Not listened to this for a good while. Still sounds just as good as the first listen. I adore Hayley Williams' voice because she's able to scream out without actually really screaming. The rest of the band play such captivating music, too. Don't care if it's the official single for Twilight either, I'd still have liked it if it hadn't as well.

10/10

Adam's Murmer - Cynic

Cynic had always played a big part in the prog metal genre, in fact many people said they revolutionized it. With the unique robo-type vocals with a fusion of jazz and growls, this is like the biggest mixture of genre's I've listened to, but is still deeply drivin into metal. I showed this band to people up at the School of Rock, they thought it was pretty awesome, and normally they only listen to classic rock or blues. Adam's Murmer is one of my fav songs off the album, mostly because the chorus isn't just full forward, it actually takes a break from the rest of the song, plus Paul Masvidal is just an awesome guitarist, yet surprisingly he's not a shredder for this type of music. He's actually a jazz guitarist lol, all in all, 10/10

The Fray - Never Say Never

Easily one of their best songs alongside the likes of How To Save A Life. The emotion put into this song could make anyone cry and see what the story behind the song is. I love the soft sound to it with the piano, drums and violins. That's what I really love. It's a very sweet and sad song, but also fantastic in its own right. If you watch the video, then the emotion is even more real.

10/10

Paramore - Decode

Not listened to this for a good while. Still sounds just as good as the first listen. I adore Hayley Williams' voice because she's able to scream out without actually really screaming. The rest of the band play such captivating music, too. Don't care if it's the official single for Twilight either, I'd still have liked it if it hadn't as well.

10/10
I thought Decode was really poor. It's easy to listen to it without realising you're listening to it.

Reason is Treason - Kasabian
I'm starting to like their debut album a lot more lately. The bass-beat in this is repetitive, but adds so much to the song.

Underworld - Bruce Lee

Rating: 8/10

Music is pretty cool, listened to about 8 of their songs each of them are pretty good. Was actually looking for a renholder mix, and this band popped up.

We No Speak Americano - Yolanda Be Cool & Dcup

OMFG, heard this last week and Im addicted to it. Just <3 it so much. Reminds me of Scatman crossed with Riverside. Such a great summer tune :)

1000000/10

Goodbye - Secondhand Serenade

Love this song. The guy's voice can get a bit whiney, but the lyrics hold a lot of meaning for me. I like listening to it when thinking back at those times, it's just a good song. It doesn't get you down, it just states truths. I like that.

It's a shame that it had to be this way
It's not enough to say I'm sorry
It's not enough to say I'm sorry

Maybe I'm to blame
Or maybe were the same
But either way I can't breathe
Either way I can't breathe

All I had to say is goodbye
Were better off this way
Were better off this way

I'm alive but I'm losing all my drive
Cause everything we've been through
And everything about you

Seemed to be a lie
A guiltless twisted lie
It made me learn to hate you
Or hate myself for letting it pass by
♪​

Book End Bossa by ROUND TABLE feat. Nino
This song has a catchy tune even though the only lyrics are "papap papap parapapapa pa parapap pa pa". Good elevator music in my opinion. I love the lady's voice and the instrumentals are awesome!

8/10

Right now I'm listening to Empire of the Sun- Walking on a dream (Danger Racing Remix)

10/10 and I keep replaying it over and over! This remix is definitely better than the original. I love the bass, the sound effects....The lyrics are awesome and catchy:

Walking on a dream
How can I explain
Talking to myself
Will I see again

We are always running for the thrill of it, thrill of it
Always pushing up the hill searching for the thrill of it
On and on and on we are calling out and out again
Never looking down I'm just in awe of what's in front of me

Last edited:
We Are Nowhere and It's Now - Bright Eyes

I think I forgot about this song somehow. 8( I was just browsing through downloads for this artist and found this song- I remember it from a while back. Good to be able to listen to it again, it's a great song.

If you hate the taste of wine
Why do you drink it till you're blind?
And if you swear that there's no truth and who cares
How come you say it like you're right?
Why are you scared to dream of God
When it's salvation that you want?
You see stars that clear have been dead for years
But the idea just lives on...

In our wheels that roll around
As we move over the ground
And all day it seems we've been in between
A past and future town

We are nowhere and it's now
We are nowhere and it's now

And like a ten minute dream in the passenger's seat
While the world was flying by
I haven't been gone very long
But it feels like a lifetime

I've been sleeping so strange at night
Side effects they don't advertise
I've been sleeping so strange
With a head full of pesticide

I've got no plans and too much time
I feel too restless to unwind
I'm always lost in thought as I walk a block
To my favorite neon sign

Where the waitress looks concerned
But she never says a word
Just turns the jukebox on and we hum along
And I smile back at her

And my friend comes after work
When the features start to blur
She says these bars are filled with things that kill
By now you probably should have learned

Did you forget that yellow bird?
But how could you forget your yellow bird?
She took a small silver wreath and pinned it onto me
She said this one will bring you love
And I don't know if it's true
But I keep it for good luck

9/10

Michael Jackson-The Way You Make Me Feel
Just cute, fun song <3 One of my favorites of his. My dad just said "he was a genius" and it's true, he was and he will live on forever.

Back