Where are you?

well judge rulia you took well i thought you would give him infraction but it turns out you arent harsh

and saix whats the point of gaining more gaming experience when i play a game i really want to finish it and find out the ending and dont want to waste my time but people are different although i played the game again and gave it more time but not that much

Hmm, I'm gonna go off-topic here for a bit.

Well you see...there are some gamers who wants to get most out of the game. And I mean, completely. Like myself, for instance. I level up ALL my characters because I want to see and master everyone's special attacks. But that's not all. There's many reasons, actually. I respect the fact that SE actually spent a lot of time developing the character's attacks, weapons, special attacks, etc. So, I want to see it all - every single one of it. Sure, I want to make haste and see the ending too...but for me, I find it more satisfying if you spent a lot of quality time with the game first, AND THEN see the ending. Because you see, if I just race through the storyline just to see the ending, I'd feel like I missed a lot in the game.

That being said, I have now defeated Pandaemonium! :) Pretty easy actually. (Reason being that I have 3 other reserve characters that can jump in whenever someone's in trouble...and won't have a problem with the boss since they're all in the same level. ^_^ )

i don't really bother lving up all my people but of course it dosen't matter if you do or not.
I completed ff12 about 95% (havent got all the rare game and a few of the weps) and i found it to be quite fun and everything

Although i do wish a few of the judges made more of impact to the storyline like zargabbath or drace
I don't actually like leveling up so i under level to give myself a challenge and figure out more strategies to beat bosses

Oh leave me alone you big bully. ....

Would it scare you also to say that I liked Bergan too? XD

:p

I haven't seen anything of Bergan except for in one measly cinematic. That said, he struck me as rather 'powerful,' so I find no fault as of yet. ;D
And don't get me wrong, I loved Ghis. Just not his face. XD

The Best said:
and saix whats the point of gaining more gaming experience

Oh my golly gosh.

Mitsuki said:
I find it more satisfying if you spent a lot of quality time with the game first

Mitsuki said:
if I just race through the storyline just to see the ending, I'd feel like I missed a lot in the game.

Totally. Although I don't level up ALL my characters, I power-up a fair few to say the least. Couldn't concur more.

As for me nowwwww, I'm currently heading off for Mt. Bur-Omisace. More skeletons... oh well. More loot for me. =D

lol loads of people get stuck here
well if you target one judge at a time it should make things easier
i was lv 10-11
What is your current lv and gambits?

It's also called making a debate, adding something to the thread instead of just sitting back and doing nothing.

Harbringer, you think that. Think what you like. Love FFVII.

*smirks* There is NOTHING wrong with me. I like to challenge people's opinions, to get something back in return. I like to argue, to debate - do you see me going out there and flaming? This is something I do.

I don't just dislike VII because of what you said. So you know..you should ask me first why I don't like VII. I do storywise, but I've kinda opened my eyes now and saw lots of flaws with it.

I hate the battle system, pretty much the main cast, but I love the storyline. It's a classic. But the ending wasn't close to being sensational. A meteor was stopped. Then Red XIII was seen 500 years later..running with two cubs. I was like..yeah and..what does THIS mean? Pretty much all the other FF's haven't got that ambiguous ending which I like - which is why I like XII's. XII's brought tears to my eyes for one reason only
Gabranths Passing

I may also add the only FF to include love in the main storyline was in fact VIII. The other FF's.."had it in there". That's why I have made the point of emphasising that a love story missing in XII isn't that big of a deal.

LOL, this makes me giggle. If I say XII has a good ending, I will do. I will do, I will do.

Am I saying that everybody who doesn't like XII's ending is some sort of idiot?

I'm just sick and tired of some people coming and saying stuff was weak and shit whatever - and just not explaining it.

Don't tell me to get it over it either lol. I haven't told anyone else to do that about FFXII.

..but I am not attacking. If people are not happy with my responses, then feel free to challenge me.

Speaking of not explaining, what were these flaws in sevens storyline you speak of? And I already explined this in another thread, the ending had nothing running for it, the cahrectors were weak, they were all typical fantasy novel charectors, they had no development and the storyline was incredibly basic and predictable, there were no shockers in this game. You caould have predicted the next move ten miles before you got to it, I was also never convinced of anything, I remember when they started talking about how Ashe was obcessed with the shard and stuff I was like "What the hell??Where did that come from". They didnt manage to convince me that she was obcessed with anything, there was no love stroy, love stories are compelling. So, in short, the ending blew nuts becuase it had nothing to go off of, if the story sucks in the first place,and the charectors were weakm how can they make a good ending? I still give the game an 8 out of ten for effort though.

I think Final Fantasy VII's storyline is sensational. Never said anything about flaws in storyline o_o

Still, I don't think the characters are weak. That's just me though.

I keep saying about the Love thing. There is no LOVE story in any FF, apart from VIII. Yes, in other FF's you see love, but half the time it's just not plain obvious, and a lot of the time, people become so obsessed with certain pairings that they think a love story is actually part of the main games storyline.

Sure, I wouldn't have minded one. However, this is the first FF to probably..be completely devoid of love. However, I still think that Drace and Gabranth were secretly in love. XD. I liked the non love storyline thing. The story..sure, simple. But I don't like long complex stories myself. Kinda drags after a bit.

Oh, what do you mean by the ending having nothing to go off..?

In your post I quoted you said, "But then ive opened my eyes and saw there was lots of flaws in it", just look at the post.

As for the end having nothing to go off of, well, If you dont have a good car, howcan you expect to win the race, when the charectors are weak, the storyline is weak and the villians were all cliche how could the ending have been good, it had nothing to pool elements from.

Fair enough, if that's what you think.

I see cliche in all FF villains, apart from Ultros and Rubicante. I didn't see anything too cliche with XII's, but they were a power hungry lot after all, but they still pulled it off pretty good.

Just because I said there were lots of flaws in it, did I SAY if there was anything wrong with the story? LOL. Maybe you could have just said - "What flaws did you see in the game?". Would have been much better.

The characters sucked, most of them, and the battle system was poor, and everytime I equipped a piece of materia, decent materia, my health used to go down. Kind of annoying. It was also incredibly simple. Too simple. Had more fun with IV's and V's tbh. =P

I'll post again later.

What is a decent level going into the Henne mines? I got attacked by four flans and basically got destroyed :(

I have this game beat, and if you have questions, I'll anwer them when I get home today.

I'm at The Stilshrine of Miriam. What level do you think my characters should be at that point of the game?

i was level 27s all round.. but dont worry i flipping found it hard in der..

when u complete that part urll be kicking ass!

p.s have you got ice sheilds??? esper battle coming up uses ice attacks!

btw i havent got futher after the judge bergan battle because my bloody ps2 is broken grrrr!!!

ive only just beaten him with a chain of quickenings... first time ive actually used em and brought some on the licence board..

nxt step is to get the optional esper back in the temple!

What is a decent level going into the Henne mines? I got attacked by four flans and basically got destroyed :(

ahh i have that problem level 30 all round.. they just corner u and dat.. i just run lol.. havent found a gd way to stop dat happening!

prob best to throw items at themm .. takes less time..

Last edited:
I'm only just at the Sandsea on my way to Raithwall's Tomb. I spent ages on the Dreadnought because Ghis was just being a total bastard. That coupled with a busy period means that I haven't got very far

Oh, good grief, they keep re-spawning! I -HATED- those things, and the boss to follow doesn't exactly do wonders for your self esteem, either.

I'm at The Stilshrine of Miriam. What level do you think my characters should be at that point of the game?
27-ish+.

I have managed to beat
Doctor Cid
in the Draklor Laboratory - despite all of the warnings that I got, I found him particularly easy. He didn't even knock anyone out O_O. And, now, I'm ready to warp to the Golmore Jungle, courtesy of the 25 Teleport Crytals I bought. I'll go do some hunts, get some Espers and whatnot =], before I progress.

Cureja ftw xD

lol all
dr cid fights are easy
renew ftw
i actually do all the sidequests at end of the game

if you're low lvl you just have to run an reach the opened gate that you've opened

but If you want to kick flan's asses, I recommend you lv 35-40

Any suggestions on how to beat the elder wyrm? I tried it earlier and got it down to half health but it used that spore fall and basically beat me :(

You don't have to fight it. You can take another route, but it means navigating through Coeurls, and running for fuck to your left when you enter the Feywood.

If you go left, you can go to Paramina Rift

Back