Aerith or Tifa?

Aerith or Tifa?

• Aerith

Votes: 47 38.8%
  • Tifa

Votes: 74 61.2%

• Total voters
...rofl all the mods viewing the thread. xD

"Experience is always better than being a virgin." Ahh so you agree sir, she has slept around. :wacky: And if not I'd like to know what you mean further than that. As for Aerith cheating on you happily I have my own reservations about that... but I mean heck, she pined after Zack for so long and then went onto Cloud so I can understand your reasoning. I don't respect it, but I kinda understand.

Also I've seen Tifa's ass through my Play Art's figure of her. The girl is minus a booty, she is all boobs. :wacky:

"Experience is always better than being a virgin."
Ahh so you agree sir, she has slept around. :wacky: And if not I'd like to know what you mean further than that.
No, no. She's only had sex with one person, that is Cloud. However, I regularly hear about how big Cloud's sword is so I'm going to presume she's getting some, and quite often. I would rather get with someone who's had sex with one other person (Tifa) than someone who sleeps around and cheats (Aerith).

As for Aerith cheating on you happily I have my own reservations about that... but I mean heck, she pined after Zack for so long and then went onto Cloud so I can understand your reasoning. I don't respect it, but I kinda understand.
She has genital warts. I heard it through the grapevineeeeeeee do do do de do :dance:

Also I've seen Tifa's ass through my Play Art's figure of her. The girl is minus a booty, she is all boobs. :wacky:
They're bias.

No, no. She's only had sex with one person, that is Cloud. However, I regularly hear about how big Cloud's sword is so I'm going to presume she's getting some, and quite often. I would rather get with someone who's had sex with one other person (Tifa) than someone who sleeps around and cheats (Aerith).

So then who's this virgin you speak of that supposedly is worse? /confused
She has genital warts. I heard it through the grapevineeeeeeee do do do de do :dance:

I hear Tifa's got crabs. :wacky:

They're bias.

The girl is minus an ass I tell you! I can prove it :mokken:

Why did my post get deleted? o_O

I asked a question of what this topic was about. ... also right now Im a little annoyed with Aerith just because I can't translate stuff in her Dismantled profile :( So as of now I prefer Tifa, but that might change if Tifa's profile is harder :P

Now with all that said, I can't really tell if this means they were trying to break away from both the typical "character sacrifice" and "Barrett type character dying" cliche or just the latter. Nonetheless it's clear Aerith's death was always meant to be sudden and unexpected from the very beginning.

To be honest though when I first played FF7, it was a suggestion by one of my friends at the time, and I remember we chatted about it a lot when I started playing it, and I think I might've asked him once how many playable characters there would be and he slipped out by accident that one character dies, but he didn't say who. I then could straight away predict it'd be Aeris. So in a way Aeris dying was the least surprising character for me. It just seemed too obvious that someone as benevolent as her would be the one to sacrifice self than any other character.

I like Aerith's innocence she doesn't have to be called a silly ho', because she barely had any friends and the only guy she dated before was Zack, and Aerith said they never got serious, point blank its impossible for her to be a whore or have an STD :grumpy:

Last edited:
I gotta be honest, I'm kind of wrinkling my nose in distaste here. I don't understand why people are calling either woman a slut, whore or whatever else. As far as I know, neither woman made it a habit to sleep around. There's nothing that says they didn't, but certainly nothing that would clearly suggests it either.

Tifa happens to have large breasts and wears a mini skirt.

Aerith had a, singular, boyfriend before the start of FFVII.

Gosh, what harlots :wacky:

There are other people that wanted either woman, but how does that make them sluts?

Honestly, I know a lot of respective hate apparently stems from what pairing people ship, but I just find it really disappointing to flagrantly label a character in such a negative way just because you'd don't want them to the "one" for another character.

Hell, I still think Cloud's the biggest slut of them :mokken:

Well said, sir.
You can't judge a character on the way they dress, especially in such a fictious world. Or all female characters from heroic fantasy oriented games would be *sluts*.
I mean, Tifa and Aerith had enough character developpement through the original game and the spinoffs to prove anyone otherwise. The "Tifa wears a skimpy outfit and works in a bar so she must sleep around a lot" stuff is getting seriously old.

It's been old for a good decade, WeaN. So has a lot of the baseless and accusations people try and defend. It's ridiculous, really. None of the other FFs have such split fandoms re: the leading ladies, why FF7?

This is a really tough question. I love Aeris and Tifa both for different reasons. You can't even really compare them. XD

Alright, starting off with their looks. They both have awesome hair and eyes, just different. They both have perfect figures, they're just built differently. AND they both have great style. Aeris's is more "let's go for a tea party" while Tifa's is more "let's go rumble with some fools from the slums!" Haha I dunno, I can dig both styles.

Aeris made a sacrifice to save the planet, which a lot of people are using in their arguments as to why she's the better female character. However, I believe that if Tifa were a Cetra she would have been inclined to do the same thing. Plus, Tifa was prepared to put her life on hold for Cloud when he was suffering from mako-poisoning, and care for him in Mideel while the rest of the party peaced out. If that's not noble and romantic, I dunno what is. =3

People argue about who was more down to earth, too. I'd say they're pretty comparable. They were both sassy when they needed to be and got things done. Tifa infiltrated Corneo's mansion undercover to nab some information, and Aeris was prepared to go in after her (a complete stranger) to make sure she was okay. These are both wicked brave girls, we're talking about. A lot more hands-on with missions and willing to dive head first in dangerous situations than Cloud. The only significant difference I see in their personalities is how they talk to Cloud. Tifa's sort of emo, I think because she's interested in him romantically and is afraid her affections won't be returned (on their date she mentions that timing is everything, in a kind of hopeless sounding way =( ) while Aeris, on the other hand, was meeting Cloud for the first time. She projected her interest on Zack from prior to the story onto Cloud, and went for him. She didn't have that initial emoness, cause she hadn't known him from before and didn't have any weird hangups about the past (though she kinda should have, 'cause of Zack...)

So I really can't pick one or the other. Aeris and Tifa are both awesome, and way better than Yuffie. Yuffie can go away. When it comes to them dating Cloud, I really like Cloud and Tifa better as a couple. I dig that whole childhood friend thing XD and I felt like Aeris and Zack was really the only way to go. Plus, Zack died, and then Aeris died... I dunno, I felt like it was kind of a cutesy bittersweet Romeo/Juliet kinda deal.

.....or Aeris and Tifa just shoulda forgotten Cloud and Zack and been hot lesbians.

Although I would be the first to admit that Cloud had feelings for BOTH women at one time or another, I would say Tifa is by far my favorite.

I'm also a big Zack/Aerith support anyways.

Tifa, to me, is stronger and far more interesting than Aerith simply because she's not inherently "special" through her bloodline or anything similar. She is special because of the strong woman she became.

Tifa! Fo' shizzle!
I don't like ethier in them in the game but I love how bad-ass tifa is in Advent Children so my vote goes to Tifa ^_^

Reactions: Six
I'm going to have to go with Aeris.. Her story really made you feel for her.. SHe was such a nice girl who was always happy and smiling and for the tragic event to happen to her was just really really really sad.. It made me really feel for her, and I dunno I guess i just really connected with her more.. Tifa played the support role for most of the game although she picked up the leading lady after Aeris "left" towards the end of the game.. But I just never connected with her as much as Aeris.. She's Square's sweetheart..

Definitely Aerith. I like Tifa and all, but I was always drawn more to Aerith than Tifa because she just seemed so much sweeter, kinder and I liked her dress. She seemed to have a softer personality like gardening and such. They're both pretty, but I always found Aerith's eyes prettier. >.<

I chose Aerith. (as you can probably tell by my username) but it's not because I dislike Tifa. In fact, Tifa became the "replacement Aerith" in my party when
Aerith dies.
(Of course there's no true replacement for her, but I had to make do with what I had, and Tifa was the next best thing)

For the record, I love Tifa. Her limits (in general) are 3rd best in the game (behind Aerith and Cloud's) because they're really unique to me in the way they build on each other, and once you have her final limit, you can do like 30-40,000 damage if you're really good.

The reason though I chose Aerith is I liked her more, as a character, and not just because she's
tragically taken from us.
(although I would be lying if I said that wasn't a factor) She was kind, and naive, and self-less, and I don't get into the whole Cloudx(insert name) thing but she and Cloud did seem great for each other, and you can see little hints of that throughout the first disc.

For those who don't use her because of what happens...I would argue, you're missing out on some amazing skills. Planet Protector, Fury Brand, and Pulse of Life are ridiculously good, and extremely helpful, and to make, alone makes her worth using (Not to mention if you get good weapons for her, she can do some nice attack damage - even though she's not really an attack character, really)

Tifa.

Aerith/Aeris died. D: That's major point loss... leaving my team and making me have to replace you... which is impossible since you have such high magic. D<

about Cloud: Aerith/Aeris chose Zack... And Tifa has already chosen Cloud even if he is to stubborn to enter a relationship.

Anyway. Tifa and Aerith are the only characters I can actually stand, next to Barret, in FFVII. I just like Tifa more.

^
:rage:

Aerith chose Cloud, darn it :rage: She's said it time and time again. And Nomura has said it more than once that she loves Cloud for Cloud. :rage:

Tifa .
Aeris dies and quite frankly wasnt Aeris with Zack at the end of AC?
Happily ever after~
Time to move along its up to the player to pick who Cloud likes so why isnt Yuffie up there eh?

tifa...aerith, i'm gonna go with tifa

if i had to choose, i would definitly choose tifa. why? because tifa justs seems cooler as a character, and she actually fights (NOT SAYING AERITH DOES NOT FIGHT, HER POWERS WERE REALLY HELPFUL IN MOST BATTLES), but tifa doesn't seem as fragile as aerith does. she isn't as girly as aerith, though she does have her moments. plus, tifa looked really badass when she fought luzzo,( or whatever his name is) in advent children. that was pretty awesome...

Grr, :rage:

Aerith loves Cloud, guys.

_ "Even though Aerith perceived that Cloud had lost sight of his true self, she still has great affection for him." ~FFVII 10th Anniversary Ultimania, Aerith's profile

_ "Although in the beginning, Aerith felt close to Cloud is because he behaves like Zack, her interest in Cloud himself grows and is attracted to him." ~page 31, FFVII Ultimania Omega

_"Cloud was her friend, her koibito (sweetheart, boyfriend, lover) — a symbol of what was important to her, and someone to be protected." -Case of Lifestream: White

_"At first, she thought he somehow had some similarities to her first love. Even so, his looks, voice and personality weren't similar and he also made her think of him as a mysterious person... But it soon didn't matter. She loved him much more than her first love." - Maiden of the Planet

_"Aerith: "Someone who's gotten along with so many girls can never become a lover."
Zack: "How mean. I'm kind to everyone."
Aerith: "And that's your bad point. You're not simplistic and awkward like Cloud."
Zack: "Is that what you liked, Aerith?"
"Who knows. Things might have changed after five years."
"Heh."
Zack put on sad face as if he was sulking but then smiled carefree. It was the unchanged smile that Aerith knew from when they were young. When she was seventeen, it was what attracted her to him.
Zack: "It's not over yet but, I'm going to sleep for a while. It seems there's nothing I can do just now. But whenever you feel lonely, call me Aerith."
Aerith: "Only if I get really lonely. Goodnight, Zack." - Maiden of the Planet

She loves Cloud. Nomura's said, Aerith's said, what else does there have to be :rage:

Back