Do you believe in God?

The way that The bible Disagrees with Evolution is because THE bibile says that God created the earth and that he put the first animals on earth and the first human...not that we Envoleve from A Germ which evoultion pretty much says

another way that the bible contradicts itself is that it says humans were created first then did the dinosaurs live before god or something

another way that the bible contradicts itself is that it says humans were created first then did the dinosaurs live before god or something
I really dont get what you are saying but let me give it a shot in the dark.... The bible is not a book of Stories at all...Its a book on how to live the Life of A Quote HOLY UNQuote man..the bible dosent tell us about alot of thing that happens.....which include the Dinosaurs and a lot of other animanls:)

The Bible is a compilation of myths and proverbs (Some of which are bloody good actually) but it is not, and should not be taken as a guide to how one lives ones life. You can find a reason for any animosity in that novel, (erm, I mean the greatest story ever told), and any counter-arguement too. Put it down, read Aristotle instead.

The Bible is a compilation of myths and proverbs (Some of which are bloody good actually) but it is not, and should not be taken as a guide to how one lives ones life. You can find a reason for any animosity in that novel, (erm, I mean the greatest story ever told), and any counter-arguement too. Put it down, read Aristotle instead.
Now I can agree with you partially on this account. There really is quite a bit of ambiguity found within the Bible, although this may be due to the fact that it had several different authors. However, I can see the account of the life of Jesus to be a very good guide. (Or in the very least a very good character study.)

(And I have to agree on the Aristotle bit. Oh Hell, everyone should read all of the classics.)

In my veiw i believe that something obviously designed/created everything. But the gods who everyone worship are false. But if people want to believe in them to give them some sense of purpose, and a sense of right and wrong, then thats great, but thats all it is.

The main purpose of life is reproduction and evoultion. Everything has evolved from the begining of time and this is how it all looks now in the Digital Age of the evolution.

But dont believe that once you peg it that you will go to heaven or paradise with 40 vigins, or whatever you believe, because it's probably not the case. But then not one of use will truely know until we die. I feel as thou life and death is sorta like the lifestream. You die, enter a lifestream and gets reproduced further down the line. But then again, we'll soon know who's right and who's not when we all die.

The way that The bible Disagrees with Evolution is because THE bibile says that God created the earth and that he put the first animals on earth and the first human...not that we Envoleve from A Germ which evoultion pretty much says
I didn't notice this before, but I want to comment now that I've noticed it.

This is not what the theory of evolution says at all. The theory simply states that everything has a common ancestor through natural selection.

Science & religion are not mutually exclusive; it's misconceptions that bring about unfounded criticisms.

I didn't notice this before, but I want to comment now that I've noticed it.

This is not what the theory of evolution says at all. The theory simply states that everything has a common ancestor through natural selection.

Science & religion are not mutually exclusive; it's misconceptions that bring about unfounded criticisms.
yes ur right they do say that we have a common ancestor....they say are common ancestor...Which everthing came from...was a germ

yes ur right they do say that we have a common ancestor....they say are common ancestor...Which everthing came from...was a germ
That's other scientists expanding upon the theory further. You don't have to accept it if you choose not to. But natural selection is pretty much set in stone.

I do for a couple reasons. 1) I highly doubt it that we envolved from primates because there are still primates on this earth that are still primates and not humans 2) We have documents from Rome that says he was real and that he did all those miracles. 3) And i feel like he is always with me.... I know it sound weird but i feel that way when im hurt or sad.... You might say Im weird but wat-ever

And That THAT

That theory dose not explain who the world was created or how people got on this earth or animals???

So...basically you are saying he is real? I agree!

I state myself as an agnostic, as I have not found a faith that I believe in. Although, I am not too fond of organized religion. This is because of all the hatred, violence, destruction, etc.. it has caused over the years. I think that your religion should be about the individual, what your own morals are. You shouldn't need a book or a religious figure to tell you what to believe.

For the sake of not sounding too arrogant about my knowledge of the origins of life...I have to say that I'm agnostic and not atheist. Indicating to others that you're aetheist is basically the same as saying you know for a fact that a higher power did not create us; and no one can honestly say they know the truth about that issue.
Creationism to me sounds silly, but...it's very closed-minded to just reject the ideas that other people have.

I believe in god, or a god.
It comforts me to know, or at least to have the illusion of knowing, that there's something/someone out there that looks over me and is protecting me.

I believe Science over Fiction, though, I do believe that there may be some higher being out there.

So you belive in a "GOD" but not the God we talk about today..soo my question is who can you belive in a "GOD" and not the God people worship today

Agghhhh, sorry but you bloody agnonstics get on my tits! Aeithiesm is not an alternative religion, it is COUNTER-religion!

It is based on FACT not SPECULATION. I couldn't care less what you believe in but it is nonsense. Jesus (Excuse the profoundity), I have more time for Catholics than I do for agnostics.

I myself do not follow or practice any religion. I would probably have to say that I am Atheist than Agnostic. Even though Christianity is the most popular religion where I live. In my eyes christians are the worst people of any religion. Throughout history they have always done stupid and immoral things in the name of God. Take the crusades for example. Travelling 1000s of miles to coerce people into following christianity. "Follow God or die!" That is just wrong. You got people like Pat Robertson being all high and mighty just because "God talks to him" and he's got his own show. I was watching the 700 Club one day and this lady called in about wanting to know if she would see her dog in Heaven? Pat just started gigglin and told her, "That dog ain't got no soul. There is no way you can see him in the Kingdom of Heaven." I don't like how every pastor and preacher is too well-fed and fat for his own good. I don't like how Christians think that they are above everyone else who is not a Christian. (I am talking about the most devout and faithful). I don't like how the answer to everything is "because that's how God made it" or "because that's how God planned it." Then you got your Muslims that misinterpret the Koran. Declaring holy wars in the name of God. These guys are REALLY dumb. "I don't like your God, Jihad on you!" I think that 95% of the wars ever waged in the history of civilized man were because of religion. The other 5% were because of money or profit. If I were to ever follow a religion, I would probably be Buddhist. Mainly because it is very similar to how a live my life. I respect all living things as they have fought for millions of years to earn the right to survive on this planet. However, I believe in logic. In my eyes there has to be a reason for everything: some sort of science as to why something exists or happens. I think we are a product of a living universe.

Back