Multiple Platforms Soul Calibur V coming?!

Damon has a point really. The sword is Only wielded by Ivy and can only be wielded by Ivy.. well unless you give a created character the soul of Ivy discipline. Nobody else can have it.. not even if it is passed down to her daughter.

The only reason Ivys sword lives is because of Nightmare. He breathed Life into it. Allowing it to freely move around like a snake.

The same thing could happen to the girl. She with her Whip-sword meets Nightmare who curses Her and breathes life into her sword.

Do I need to post a game script?

Ivy attmepted to use Alchemy to create a living sword. she failed. She only created a semi failed prototype With black magic. Nightmare breathed life into it in order to make it fully "Alive"

Play SC2 plz. It explains that and Ivy's Funny weapon is the "Prototype Ivy blade" which she attempted to make using Machiens and alchemy. That was her failed attempt with alchemy.

Why are we discussing her sword. This is not a discussion thread about her sword :mokken:. Anyway back to our original topic.. The creator already said guest characters will be coming back. I like guests.. yes.. but something always puts me off them now because I saw Star wars in IV... Kos-mos needs to get in :sad3:.

Kratos ftw :rage: and I don't mean GoW Kratos

I so hope they take a lot of the stuff from SC3, that is by far my favourite one in the series :sad3:

Yeah Soul calibur III had a great story. I would love to see something like chronicles of the sword.. although all those characters were just creations.. so they were kind of a waste :lew:.. But the made them have a story of their own so it was pretty well done imo. Tales of souls with the alternate paths was really great although weapon master in II was the best. SC I is by far the best in the series though and I loved every bit of it. Same with II really.

I do hope they take a leaf out of SC3's book for custom characters, it was by far the best version of it they had, i'd love them forever if it got in :ohoho:

The custom characters in III were awesome I agree but only because they had a story. Although some were not in chronicles of the sword. Miser, greed etc were all mysterious. Wonder if they will return in V. Hwang is awesome as well :ryan:

Sort of an update on Soul Calibur V.

[05/16/11]

Odashima Wanted To Call Soulcalibur V “Soul Edge 2,” But Namco Said “No”

Earlier in the week, Namco revealed the name for their upcoming Soulcalibur title, and yes, it’s Soulcalibur V. Game director Daishi Odashima says that Soulcalibur V’s story takes place 17 years after its predecessor, and that the main character will be Patroklos, the son of Sophitia. That’s a sketch of him to the right.

Odashima also tweeted a few other interesting tidbits about the game recently. Keep in mind that some of these were tweeted before the official reveal.

In reply to a fan asking for skimpy outfits:
“Character creation should remain. But I’m not sure about your request for skimpy and fetish outfits…”

On Nightmare and Siegfried in Soulcalibur V:
“They get stronger each time so I gotta be careful.”
On the game’s title:
“Actually, I asked the company if we can call the game ‘Soul Edge 2’ but they said ‘no’.”

One fan also asked if there was a chance for dynamic stages and stage interaction in Soulcalibur V, to which Odashima simply replied: “Maybe.” Soulcalibur V is planned for a 2012 release on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/05/1...-soulcalibur-v-soul-edge-2-but-namco-said-no/

Soul Edge II would have been interesting because the first game in the series is called Soul Edge/Soul Blade. I can understand why Namco said no though. SC is a franchise that people do not want to see name changed.

Very excited about this, lost more than one night of sleep to SC4, looking forward to a character list as well...Hope the new characters are more innovative than Algol and Hilde...wasn't impressed with those at all.

As the reporter of the thread Ill continue to post more news

More Little Bits And Pieces Of Soulcalibur V From Director, Daishi Odashima

Keen to not let excitement die down too quickly after its official reveal, Soulcalibur V director, Daishi Odashima, has continued to discuss the game’s development with fans on Twitter.

Last week, Odashima revealed that he wanted to call the game Soul Edge 2, as opposed to Soulcalibur V, in a nod to the first game in the Soul series. Odashima has also stated in the past that Patroklos, the protagonist of Soulcalibur V, has ties to both swords the series centres around — the Soul Edge and Soul Calibur — so it makes sense that Soul Edge 2 as a title was under consideration.

Namco Bandai, however, were opposed to Odashima’s choice of name. “They don’t like the word ‘Edge’ for many reasons,” Odashima revealed to a fan over Twitter. “I think Edge sounds cooler tho.” In a later tweet, he emphasized: “The reason why we can’t use Soul Edge is not a legal issue. It’s more like an internal issue that’s hard to explain.”

Following Soulcalibur IV and Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny, Odashima appears concerned regarding the series’ increasingly risqué nature. Over the weekend, he told one of his followers that he wasn’t sure about including skimpy and fetish outfits in Soulcalibur V. To another, he said: “Armor breaks > character becomes naked, was a bit too much I think. Players should have the option for it to not happen.”

Perhaps this is for the best, considering a third tweet he made later: “What happens to the females characters after 17 years? Well you know, people age…”

Moving along, Odashima also confirmed that Junichi Nakatsuru would be composing music for Soulcalibur V when a fan asked about him and Keiki Kobayashi. Odashima didn’t comment on the latter. On the subject of the subject of music, he also expressed that he’d like to include unlockable music from previous Soul games in Soulcalibur V.

Odashima’s tweets weren’t all about the game’s look and style; he touched upon combat, too. In reply to a fan asking about a feature from Soul Edge, where both characters would lock their weapons against each other, Odashima replied: “Got removed cos it slowed the fight down.” It should be noted, though, that he was referring to its removal from the series in general, not Soulcalibur V specifically.

Another Twitter follower expressed concerns about Soulcalibur V being too easy, to which he replied: “Don’t worry. I created Setsuka remember? ;)” Setsuka is commonly cited as a character that’s difficult for inexperienced players to use.

Finally, Odashima also commented on the game’s story. Declining to say which endings from previous games were considered canonical, he stated, “I’ll leave it up to your imagination.” Soulcalibur V’s story mode is something Odashima hopes to improve upon, relative to Soulcalibur IV. He also said that he hopes to improve lip-synching in English when characters talk, despite the fact that Soulcalibur is a Japanese series.

Source:http://www.siliconera.com/2011/05/1...-soulcalibur-v-from-director-daishi-odashima/

One of the images is apparently infected so I didn't post it.

Alright sorry for the double post but another batch of information came.

Soulcalibur V’s New Team Aims To Have At Least 26 Characters

This week’s issue of Famitsu has a small feature on Soulcalibur V with vague comments from producer Hisaharu Tago.

Since Soulcalibur V is a 2012 title, the team is not ready to reveal the roster. Tago said to the magazine there will be a mix of new characters and returning Soulcalibur characters who may have new weapons or armor. Patroklos, Sophitia’s son, is one of the rookie fighters. Tago confirmed yet again Soulcalibur V would have guest characters, but did not give any hints as to who. The development team wants to have at least 26 characters

While the leads are the same, the Soulcalibur V team has been refreshed with new staff. Thus, there may be some differences between Soulcalibur V and other games in the series. Tago said there would be gameplay system changes too, but didn’t specify what those are.

Soulcalibur V, according to Famitsu, is 10% complete. Namco Bandai plans to release the game for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 next year.

Pyrrah Steps Into Soulcalibur V, Guest Character Already Decided

Yes, Soulcalibur V is going to have a guest character. While he didn’t say who it is, game director, Daishi Odashima, tweeted a few hours ago: “Just to tell you, the guest character has already been decided. I can’t say anything else because we have deals with the other company.”

Who does Odashima want to include as guests personally? “Personally, FF characters,” Odashima said in one tweet. “I’m Japanese so the first thing I think of are Japanese games.” Back in January, Odashima said that his criteria for guest characters were: “It’s popular (from any genre), Uses weapons; Matches the SC atmosphere.”

Of course, that doesn’t mean that Final Fantasy characters were necessarily the ones that made the cut. For their part, some of Odashima’s followers on Twitter have been suggesting guests like Lightning and Cloud from Final Fantasy, and Devil May Cry’s Dante. Hmm…I’m not sure Lightning and Cloud “match the SC atmosphere”. Dante, however, shouldn’t have too much trouble.

Keep in mind, the guest character may not even have been Odashima’s call at all. Namco Bandai higher-ups may have had their own ideas for who to include, and Yoda and Darth Vader in Soulcalibur IV certainly weren’t the best match for the game.

Odashima spent some time yesterday fine-tuning Soulcalibur V’s characters and adjusting their values. “I’m currently working on Pyrrah’s balance,” he revealed. “Patroklos seems stronger at the moment.” That confirms Pyyrah for Soulcalibur V. Looking at the Alexandra family tree, Pyrrah is Patroklos’ sister and the daughter of Sophita and Rothion.

Sources: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/05/17/soulcalibur-vs-new-team-aims-to-have-at-least-26-characters/

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/05/1...oulcalibur-v-guest-character-already-decided/

I am really interested in the fact that the Alexandria family is a center part of the game. We now have the son and daughter of Sophitia and Rothion in the game. Though the fact FF characters were suggested is weird. They do not suit the atmosphere. Oh and I hope it is not Kratos from GOW.. we had him in Broken Destiny already. Or Spawn.. who was already an xbox exclusive for soul calibur II. Same with Link and Heihachi for their respectful consoles. So this character needs to suit the atmosphere and is already selected. I can not personally see Cloud in SC.. or Lightning for that matter.. even though I like her.

IS THAT SOPHITIA?

So sophitia is in V? Thats awesomesauce. And Her duaghter is koolios too.

Now let me think. The only FF Character. Well MAIN character OT to use magic. is Jecht. (Screw duodecim.) So he would fit~

The option to Chosoe wether not to to destroy armour is koolios too.

In response to the guest character: Hmm...I think we should have someone like...Uh I dont know Waka from Okami? It works.

IS THAT SOPHITIA?

So sophitia is in V? Thats awesomesauce. And Her duaghter is koolios too.

Now let me think. The only FF Character. Well MAIN character OT to use magic. is Jecht. (Screw duodecim.) So he would fit~

The option to Chosoe wether not to to destroy armour is koolios too.

In response to the guest character: Hmm...I think we should have someone like...Uh I dont know Waka from Okami? It works.

I think that is Sophitia from Broken Destiny. Her official art is not revealed yet so this is more or less just hinting at guest characters which is why Kratos is there for speculation.

Tbh I can see it being between FF1-6 if FF characters are used, tbh I get the feeling it's not going to be 100% likely it'll be a Namco character.

Looks like another silhouette has been revealed at the official site.http://www.soulcalibur.com/en_US I can not even tell who that is as it just looks like half a character to me. I do not think it is possible to speculate on who that is. Odashima will reveal those silhouettes soon enough. We have another locked character but now two are unlocked on the official site. Unknown bald man with Greatsword.. and half a drawing of a character? This is really interesting. When SC has enough likes on Facebook I think they will be revealed.. :hmmm: It looks like this person has three fingers as well.. Must be a new character. http://twitter.com/#!/Daishi_CALIBUR I wonder what his new tweets say.

Here is an interesting interview as well http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/5/16/interview-with-hisaharu-tago-on-soul-calibur-v.html

http://twitter.com/#!/filthierich I check this tweet as well

Last edited:
Double post again. Seems I am always doing this.. oh well

Nightmare Will Terrorize Players In Soulcalibur V

Soulcalibur V director Daishi Odashima confirmed another Soulcalibur alum. Nightmare, the evil being formed from Siegfried after he was consumed by Soul Edge, will return as a playable character in Soulcalibur V.

Nightmare joins Siegfried and Sophita’s children Patroklos and Pyyrah in the ring. Right now, Soulcalibur IV‘s rings. Odashima is using Soulcalibur IV’s environments in Soulcalibur V for balancing purposes.

Oh, and speaking of Pyyrah….

… that’s a sketch of her.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/05/25/nightmare-will-terrorize-players-in-soulcalibur-v/

Looks like we know who one of the silhouettes on the official site is. Pyyrah of course. New silhouette on the site now as well. I don't know who it is but it looks weird. Go see for yourself http://www.soulcalibur.com/en_US

The first one that appears on the site is the one that is new. So we know one of them is Pyyrah.

Mitsurugi Steps Out Of Mist Stance, Returns For Soulcalibur V

The folks over at Soulcalibur community, 8WayRun, have dug another hidden character sketch up from the Soulcalibur V website, and this time, it’s Mitsurugi.

SoulCalibur V director, Daishi Odashima, appears to have noticed, but he’s waving it off with wink emotes and jokes over on Twitter.

Odashima also recently confirmed that the “Soul Crush” moves would not be returning in Soulcalibur V. “That spec is no good,” he told a fan on Twitter. “Didn’t turn out right. So instead this time round…”

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/05/29/mitsurugi-steps-out-of-mist-stance-returns-for-soulcalibur-v/

Horray for no more critical finishes! Also since the game take splace 17 years after. You can see why Mitsurugi got Much older.

Back