Would you stop playing if you disliked a character?

I never let a character get in the way of the game. I just imagine them as a different character. I've never had a main character that I dislike, and it's very unlikely to happen since if everyone hated the main character, the game wouldn't be very popular.

i wouldnt stop playing, i hated tidus's voice, but drowned it out and carried on..the games are too good to stop because of a charcter.

I haven´t stopped playing ever just because I hate one character but I do hate one character very much. I´m talking about FF VIII Cid who was coward and if I have been Squall, I would impale Cid as soon as I saw him. Or maybe I torture him before just impaling him. I was also very angry to see that coward during ending FMV.

Nope, But it's rare for me to dislike a character, even those i do dislike, i still enjoy playing.

No, never. Even if I really hated a character I would stick it out because the game would still be good. I got annoyed with Tidus I agree in FFX but didnt take away the fact that it was an enjoyable game.

I would never quit an FF due to annoying characters, although there are some that have made the game less enjoyable by getting in tardy situations all the time, such as Rinoa and Yuna. Although, instead I just accepted the fact I'll be playing alongside mongrels and got used to their outstanding ability to get captured and/or lost.

no i would never stop playing a game if i disliked a character.... Like as some ppl said before, if i didnt like the person, i just wouldnt use him/her in my party then

In 12 I disliked Penelo and Ashe but I still kept them in my party and always kept them at the same level with my favorites so if one of my favorites died I would have them ready to come into battle however much I disliked them

I've decided not to finish the game Enchanted Arms cuz of that gay acting charater, plus the fight format was so...dreamcast-like it sucked.

I loved yuna from FFX.... for no reason at all.
Any who....
I hate all of the party members from FFXII (except for Balthier cos he's my Fav FF character eva, although....) especially ASHE

The Demon of the FF games Ashe, who does she think she is ....

But I never quit the game because of the characters .... I only quit cos I got entirely bored with the storyline, oh and cos I play like 90 hours in one week end (not literal)

No I would never quit because I didn't like a character. I hated Steiner from FF IX. he annoyed the hell out of me but I still finished the game.

Nah, not really. My playthrough of FFVIII, I hardly liked any of the characters at all. However hindering this was to me, I played through it because I was curious as to where the story led to. In the end I was glad that I did so because I learned more about those characters that I disliked and I learned to adapt my preferences to accept the characters for who they are; they're unique in each game.

Sometimes a character (main or support) will not be up to your standards, but if every character was alike and similar in every way that you lied, the games would be boring as hell.

Usually, I get annoyed by the main character. Squall wasn't too bad for a main character...

Most of the main characters are sensitive, brave, nice, loyal and someimes stupid. So usually I play a game that has lots of important characters. But I would keep playing, even if I should dislike a character.

You know, I have just scanned through my thoughts, and I have not found a SINGLE character from FF who I dislike, I like them all, I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I am serious... But If I WERE to dislike a character, I wouldn't stop playing a game because of them, it just seems ridiculous to me.

I hate Tidus to death... However, I still continued on to play and finish the game. Tidus is too annoying to replay it though...

I've never come across a game where i disliked the characters enough to stop playing.

how can you dislike the character so much i mean in 12 i didnt like vaan as a main character but that doesnt mean that i will stop playing the game just because of him

Back